Cloud storage encryption

Hey Sup Forums, I want to backup files to Google Drive, and I'm looking for a recommended encrypt-before-upload solution.
Open source is a must, preferably something that handles random generation of filenames (i.e. doesn't keep original names), and of course - strong cryptography.
There are a few options available, but I'm not sure of each one's pros/cons, and also I might have missed other options.

Why would you want to use botnet drive anyways?

Because free. If you can offer better alternatives, speak up. Has to be off-site, i.e. not self-hosted.

just use openssl

What? Not sure if serious

I use mega.nz for my mp3s/vids personally. They got an app and non botnet. Also 50 gigs of storage free with no ads.

Atleast use onedrive
Use gpg for encryption

openssl aes-256-cbc -a -salt -in unencryptedfile.file -out encryptedfile.file

this
or 7z encrypted containers if ur a brainlet

How will I manage thousands of files? Keeping track of their randomly generated name, file changes, syncing, etc?
How is OneDrive different/better?

I was under the impression that you were only going to have a one/a few files. In that case I have no idea what could automatically handle all of that.

peazip > 7zip

gpg --symmetric input.file

down syndrome detected

personally i just put my stuff in a veracrypt volume and upload to google drive
am i safe?
the key is like 30 characters

If it's just one big volume, it's possible that even small changes modify the entire volume, in which case the volume has to be synced in its entirety, which is very bandwidth-inefficient.
Not sure if this is the case with VeraCrypt, but I believe it is.

Install KDE
Install plasma-vault
Make a vault with all your shit
tar cf the encrypted vault folder and upload it to memedrive

Are you me? I was just thinkng about doing this. I'm looking at amazon drive: 1tb for 59.99 a year. I have a lot of photos that are shit but they are family photos and scans of old pictures.

>preferring microshill botnet over google masterbotnet

I am you. Although I didn't know Amazon offered for half the price. GSuite Business offers 1TB for $10/month - supposedly the 1TB isn't limited though (in other words, it is unlimited storage, but unofficially - so over 1TB is sort of a gamble, depends what you're storing).
The advantage being you get the full suite of GSuite features, but for half the price I would definitely reconsider.
Link plox?

Found the Amazon link.
By the way, since no one has mentioned even one fitting solution, here are the ones I am considering: Duplicity, Duplicati, Cryptomator, or a combination of rclone and PGP (least probable, too much management overhead). The two Dup*s are the most likely candidates.

duplicity is a wrapper to rsync+GPG so I guess it is the best option

Well, I'm just storing event photos. I'm thinking, encrypt the event set like :

>Vacation2010
Then zip that for space saving if possible, then upload.

Not sure what about you overhead, but maybe grouping your files would be a way to reduce overhead.

One of the concerns I have is posterity- I want my family to be able to have access to the photos, just like they would an old box of photos. I guess I could share a 32 char key.

>tfw 64 character veracrypt container password (hard limit) stored in a bitlocker 256 character flash drive (hard limit) that I stash at a restaurant that i frequent without the staff knowing

Use Borg backup.

It will encrypt, compress, deduplicate, and save your files in a local repository (a folder). You can then sync your repo to google drive. Or, you can use a remote repo with ssh. The filenames will not be accessible until you decrypt the repo.

It is open source, fast, and secure (because written in CPython).

>public resaurant

Assuming you don't work there, the secret place would have to be area with some privacy but accessible under reasonable circumstances of a restaurant visit.