Hey there, I'm the latitudefag from yesterday. I'm looking for a netbook with:

Hey there, I'm the latitudefag from yesterday. I'm looking for a netbook with:

>11.6 inch 720p screen
>8GB RAM (expandable to 16GB if possible)
>2.5 SATA slot
>Bluetooth
>Great battery life
>Core i3/i5 CPU (wouldnt mind an APU though, just at the same performance level)
>Preferably Dell

I dont know what to choose, there are so many options

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/2urhae/x140e_review_and_upgrade_information_wlan_wwan/
notebookcheck.net/Review-HP-EliteBook-2170p-Subnotebook.83649.0.html#toc-battery-life
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-3667U-vs-Intel-Core-i5-3427U/m2815vsm909
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

>there are so many options
names them and name price point and I'll look into it for you

Okay so there's the

>Latitude E6220 (which is a 12.5 incher so its out of the question)
>Thinkpad Edge E130
>Ideapad S205/S215

Generally I'd prefer it if the price was about 200 euros used. I can't allocate any more money to this. I mostly want i3 performance and great battery life with an 11.6 inch screen

Thinkpad x130e/x131e/x140e
HP Elitebook 2170p

Okay so I looked up the x140e and it looks great but I'm at a loss between it and the elitebook. I'm extremely concerned about the battery life and while the Elitebook has a POS one under load I cant find anything about the x140e's battery life. The Elitebook also has a backlit keyboard and an i7 processor with 16GB memory which blew me away. What do you recommend and what's the deal with their battery lives?

Thanks btw

>>Preferably Dell
why?

Nothing wrong with the good Dell machines, but why have it as a preferance?

I have a precision M6700 and it's incredible, I had 2 Ideapads before and they were mediocre at best for their prices. Other than that, I guess I like their designs?

I don't mind the manufacturer, whatever

thinkpad x61s then upgrade the ram and put and SSD in it

I didn't ask what your first PC was, Grandpa

my first pc was a eeepc actually

I'm joking man

Core 2 Duos are ancient, I'd like something a little more modern. Im looking at the Elitebook 2170p but I cant get over the battery life and the 2 USB slots/no HDMI port

reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/2urhae/x140e_review_and_upgrade_information_wlan_wwan/
This says that you can upgrade x140e with 16gb of memory. Also x140e has a better trackpad. Battery life will probably be similar with 6-cell batteries, this review says 7 hours of wifi for elitebook notebookcheck.net/Review-HP-EliteBook-2170p-Subnotebook.83649.0.html#toc-battery-life

I'll propably get the Elitebook because I don't like the Thinkpad look

But I'm trying to find an Elitebook through Ebay and I can only find i5 models. Does the i7 3667 and the i5 34-- whatever it uses have a significant difference?

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-3667U-vs-Intel-Core-i5-3427U/m2815vsm909

Only difference is faster clock speed, not very significant.

I don't know man, what do you suggest? I coule get a 9 cell battery for the Thinkpad but I really dislike it's look. The backlit keyboard was also a plus, although it's approaching gimmick status to me

Elitebook is also way faster than x140e. HDMI is not a problem, DP-to-HDMI dongles are cheap.

I'll probably get the Elitebook, but what bothers me the most with pretty much every laptop is that supposedly reviewers get e.g. like 8 hours of WIFI usage from a laptop and I never get that. NEVER. It's really fucking annoying, I use the same settings as the reviewer and I got like 4 hours MAX from my Latitude 2120 which was supposedly capable of 8 hours.

That's why I'm concerned about the Elitebook, will it be even worse? I'm assuming it'll be the same since it has a larger battery, what do you think?

One last question, I can't fucking find m102z's anywhere. Anywhere at all. Are they banned or something?

Shame, they were great

Anyway thanks for your help man, I'm getting the Elitebook

They're probably all dead or thrown in the garbage. Thinkpads and Elitebooks are highly available because they're bought in bulk by businesses, and also built up to a higher quality standard.

why don't you waitâ„¢ for the upcoming zen powered laptops
im not questioning your elitebook choise tho

Major poorfag so no money to buy new

welp refurbished (as new) compaq/elitebook 4321p is as good as it gets