Im looking for Radio Shack TRS-80 high resolution photographs of the boards and exterior...

Im looking for Radio Shack TRS-80 high resolution photographs of the boards and exterior. (or any simmilar late 70s - 80s pc) Is there a website where I could find something like that?

Other urls found in this thread:

flickr.com/photos/eevblog/14551789340/in/photostream/
flickr.com/photos/eevblog/albums/72157645566287917
nuexpa.artstation.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why?

artsy project

>artsy
art project actually, nothing related with the artsy website

Cool!

I have many computers from that period, but I don't think my camera and lighting would produce any nice pictures that aren't already available via a Google search.

Phone camera is enough (unless your phone is retro also). I could send some BTC to anyone who would mind to take a part a pc like that and take some photos for me.

What do you need more specifically? As there are a lot of nice pictures already available online, like your pic related.

Don't need coin.

I am doing a 3d model. Will be doing an animation with some close-ups. I need a clear high rez picture taken from straight top and bottom of both sides of the main board aswell as some closeup macro shots of some more complex parts like connectors, weird electronic parts etc. For exterior, an optically zoomed in (to get the least perspective as possible) pictures for all the sides of the exterior as well as some shots of more complex areas.

bump

Im sure there must be a blog or something where someone is taking HD photographs of old computers...

I have a Radio Shack TRS-80 Model 16 B, with its keyboard and some disks and a shit load of documentation. It was my grandfather's first computer. My cousin found it in his closet and turned it on and he said that it works, but he didn't want to keep it so I kept it. I've always meant to turn it on, but I never have. I can try to take some pictures, but the only camera I have is my Oneplus One.

Well, that would be very generous from you. Maybe you use IRC or some chat?

ask

>Maybe you use IRC or some chat?
No, not really. I have an IRC client installed, but I rarely use it. This thread should be up long enough that I can just post the pictures here. I'm clearing some space on a desk. It'll just be a minute.

Alright, sounds great, thanks user. Will bump if anything

Bumping with some weird pictures

I have memories of some cave exploring game for the Tandy laptop. Good times. Good luck in your search.

I've taken external shots of the computer itself and the keyboard. Some of them are a little blurry and will probably have to be retaken. I had forgotten until I found it just now that I also have a matching dot matrix printer for this thing. Do you want pictures of that as well?

My bad... It's a daisy wheel printer. It says "Radio Shack TRS-80 Daisy Wheel Printer II"

Yeah man, that would be a nice addition. Thanks so much

Let me know if there's anything you want more detail of.

>ARCNET
I had no idea that this thing had any networking capabilities whatsoever until just now.

whoops, meant to post "user delivers", and how happy this thread makes me. (not OP)

OP, would you share the model once you're done? Unless it's for work or something where you can't share it.

Yeah thats awesome.
Well thats what I needed. Those are some nice reference photos. Maybe you could give me a more detailed photo of those stickers in the back? Thanks so much, user

I think the little cork circles are glued on to replace the original ones, which were probably rubber. This is the best shot I got of the bottom of the keyboard. I can take another if you need it.

Yeah sure mate. I'd love to. I'll be posting it on my artstation gallery, but it takes long to make a detailed model, a month maybe. Maybe I can send you an email if you prefer that.

I think we'll all be here in a month, just post it on /3/ and link that to a thread here, we'll remember you

Alright, might put a wip image or two there maybe also. Thanks gain dude

I am working on pictures of the printer. Are you still here?

More detailed sticker shot as per request.

And the keyboard stickers.

There are just never going to be enough pictures of this printer, I think. This thing is complicated. It's pretty heavy as well.

I've been thinking about upgrading to the Oneplus 5. I've never been able to get good shots with this one except by taking about five of them and picking the best one.

Sweet ass computer. Can I ask you for one photo of the PC from the top view? Thanks

This is the version of that one that I meant to post. Thunar's got a bug in it that mixes up the thumbnails sometimes...

Sure. I've got a couple more of the printer to dump, then I'll take another batch of pictures. It's easiest for me to do this in batches, so let me know if there are any other exterior shots you want.

I think this is the last of the good printer shots.

This is the best one I got of the top.

If there's a simple way to remove the board I can probably get you some shots of that as well. I don't know how complicated a procedure that would be, though. I'll see if I can find a teardown of a similar TRS-80 online.

Thank you a bunch. I've just found a flickr album of this computer
flickr.com/photos/eevblog/14551789340/in/photostream/
The internal photos are great, so I can use those. Your exterior photos from all sides and such are without a doubt a life saver for me.

flickr.com/photos/eevblog/albums/72157645566287917
wrong link

>flickr.com/photos/eevblog/albums/72157645566287917
That's an earlier one than mine. I haven't been able to find any internal shots of a Model 16, but I did learn on Wikipedia that it ran Unix. I had no idea. Anyway, if those internal shots work for you then I'm going to go to lunch.

I browse Sup Forums a little bit sporadically, and I'm not as confident as the other guy that I'll come across your finished work if you post it here. Do you have a link to a page where it will go up, or something like that? It's not a big deal if you don't, but I would be curious enough to check it occasionally.

Yeah, I'll post it here nuexpa.artstation.com/
It will be a while till I finish it though. I hope you get to see it, it should look sweet. Thanks user

I had meant to post this picture of the side, but I guess I never did.