What is it like to have a UHD 4K display resolution? What do applications look like in it now?

What is it like to have a UHD 4K display resolution? What do applications look like in it now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4_PnCKK_Nhc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

absolutely amazing

Shitty DESU.

Unless you're using 1:1 pixels, no scaling, then you don't get any of the advantages of a 4k res. And you need like at least a 32'' monitor so your text don't look microscopic, but 32'' monitor is very uncomfortable for desk use.

Most of the applications I use look just fine. Everything is super crisp with lots of desktop space, all in all it's pretty comfy.

Fantastic! I now use much larger windows for my all my applications after getting one (1920x1920 browser, 960x640 explorer windows, etc).

I use a 40" panel btw.

Very good, extremely crisp
Extremely demanding for gaymen, you need a 1080 Ti for 60fps.
For coding and text is a dream.

Oooh, you've given me an idea. Is there a way to keep a window to a quarter of the screen space so that a browser window can be in the top-left quarter and therefore be 1920x1080? Are you doing that now?

>Shitty
sorry you fell for a shitty size/rez monitor desu

fonts look better
>What do applications look like
fine unless you need non integer scaling

> Is there a way to keep a window to a quarter of the screen space
I don't see why not. There are even 4K monitors where you can treat it as 4 individual displays.

>Are you doing that now?
Nah. I have two other portrait displays (I use a PLP setup) so there's no need to cram a bunch of things all on the 4K.

I would rather have the higher refresh rate for gaming.

youtube.com/watch?v=4_PnCKK_Nhc

>Not using 8K monitor
>2017

TOP KEK

I have a 4k 40in monitor and it's great. Lots of screen space, no need for scaling since 40in. I can't really see myself going back to blackbars in between 4 separate screens.

i switched from 1080p to 2k and it already makes a huge difference, i can still use windows in 1080p size but have room for other apps

great, but I have to run it on 1440p on hackintosh 27' inch lg display.. else the font is too small

>4k gonna be the next best thing
>4096x2160
>Over time "4k" drops down to 3840x2060 resolution

I still never understood the reasoning for this when 4k was becoming reality

Exactly.

I use one when working from home and the amount of useful area saves me a lot of time and saves me from making printout. I might add a tablet for making annotations to PDFs in a more comfy way.

This is to me such a huge productivity booster over my office setup (dual monitors) that I think more should buy this.

Using an Asus 4k monitor, it's incredible

49 inch 4k curved Samsung television as a gaming monitor. Zero regrets.

No noticeable input lag, flicker or smear.

wangblows 10 has a snap feature that automatically snaps a window when it is dragged to a certain edge of your monitor

drag it left and it will be resized to the left half

drag it to the top right corner, and it will get resized to a quarter (like if your display consists of 4 individual displays and it fills 1 display up)

have a 4K display.

Things look fine, 99% of apps have been properly setup for high DPI monitors.

Getting a large (40 plus inches) TV as a monitor defeats the gains you will get from high PPI (aka retina)

Gaming looks great too, and since 1080P and 4K are the same aspect ratio you can scale games 1080P perfectly.

>32in uncomfortable

Kek. I've got a 50in curved 4k TV as my monitor. With 4:4:4 it's a dream. I'm literally living the Minority Report UI meme.

Monitorlets, when will they learn.

It's pretty nice having this much screen space.

It was 4096*2304 before so it's lower than the initial resolution.

they messed up with the naming sure, hence the current branding of "UHD"

DCI 4K has always been a separate from thing the 4K/UHD consumers know.

Unless you are working in the film industry there is no reason to get DCI 4K

UHD isn't 4K, it's 3.8K and then there's the retards that calls 1400p 2K even though 2048*1536 is already the known 2K.

you are confusing the common parlance/marketing term for a resolution to mean its literally definition.

I don't give a shit about marketing when it does it wrong.

1440p not 2k
stop spreading this bullshit

Does anyone here have experience with 4K VA monitors? LG came out with a 32in VA this year that looks interesting, but I'm a little nervous with how it might work for gaming.

>tfw 4k 90inch tv
>got netflix just for this and dgaf