I've heard that retail in the US is in the shitter because of the internet. Is this a good or bad thing in your opinion?

I've heard that retail in the US is in the shitter because of the internet. Is this a good or bad thing in your opinion?

this

So how is retailing doing in other parts of the developing world?

mfw i just realized general stores could go the way of the video store in my lifetime

i'm not sure i'd call it a bad thing per-se, at least for items you don't benefit from checking out physically before buying

The Kmart a few minutes away from me is closing in a couple weeks.

Mine closed several years ago

I worked there a couple years ago and it was dead every night. You could stand around for hours and not see anyone. We only had 1 cashier and maybe 2 people on the floor at a time and everyone made $7.25 so it wasn't a great job or anything.

This is amazing. In Europe electronic shops are everywhere and always full of people. In the same time internet shops work well too. I don't believe anyone of you buys a new dishwasher in the net without checking it in the real life before.

>UP TO 30%
They're still making money on that. The margins on kitchen and bathroom stuff are pretty ok, like the ones shown in the window. It's only phones and computers that have absolute shit margins. Makes me wonder if that store is closing for real, or if it's just one of those stores that say they're closing, but stick around for years anyways.

Lowes/Home Depot/etc are all doing well.

Wouldn't you want to check clothing before you buy it? I guess not since JCP and Macys are going out of business.

Yeah, I think it's a U.S. thing where people intentionally avoid ging to public urban areas because they know they'll be robbed or assaulted by blacks

That's what happened to the entire indoor shopping mall model

I mean fuck there's even the "food deserts" - regions where no grocery store can stay in business due to theft and vandalism. And have you guys ever had the luxury of seeing a fast food joint where the cashiers are behind shatter resistant glass cages?

RadioShack?

It's a microeconomics version of the power of the free market-

At the end of the day, people just want the best deal they can get. We often view the loss of traditional retail as a societal ill or problem, but people don't really care about it, or at least not enough to vote with their wallets on the subject.

Internet sales are more competitive because amongst other things, they have less overhead and they're more convenient for lots of goods.

Is that a good or a bad thing? Up to you, really. But it is what it is.

I wish that everybody did online shopping as much as possible so delivery and postal services would automate faster and in short time 30-40% of the US workforce has to relocate to sectors they have no skill in.

I picked a niche career specifically to still be employable when the robots take over (our jobs), so I can lord over the flies.

The plexi barrier I can deal with but no refills?

Fucking niggers!

The privilege was abused

Hmm. I see. In USA the density of population is too low to fill a mall with enough people to not be overrun by blacks. In Europe malls are either in the middle of the city or in groups close to the main roads at city outlets.
Anyway shouldn't there be mall security too?

What career? I'm trying to get into robotics.

>So how is retailing doing in other parts of the developing world?

Here in the Netherlands it hugely varies per region.

In the Western part and in big cities it's going vert well.
In the East not so much.

If you're a contractor, you're not going to order lumber and pipe fittings over the internet or some shit.

It's consumer retail that's dying. That's why you have stores like Walmart adding groceries to get people in the door.

Yeah, you check it out in person, then buy it online. Not exactly a profitable business model.

the courts are geared towards them as well, despite their protests. If they were robbing a man, and mall security ended up hurting the robber, the robber would sue the mall security.

Usually brick and mortar electronics shops would also have a web shop.

I suspect the brick and mortar shops mostly serve as a customer service desk and indeed as a showroom.

Also anything over €1000 I prefer to pick up in a shop.

Retail failed to compete and pretended like the world is still 1992. Sears had one of the first ecommerce websites (before Amazon) but dropped it early on because it was cutting "bloat".

I think it serves them right for not doing their job. However, I hate the thought of buying everything from Amazon and having one opaque tech box know about everything I buy for the rest of my life. Ideally, I'd like to go back to decentralized e-commerce sites.

I find a lot of stores, especially bigger ticket stores like home appliances, will price match an online retailer. Its still usually slightly more expensive and they'll pretend like they're helping you out be delivering it and installing it, but unless you already have hookups from an old appliance they don't do anything more than the parcel delivery guys do

they'll take away your old appliances for "free"

Go to physical store:
>White trash discussing how they can make the product themselves for 5 cents cheaper and "the gubmint" is raising prices to screw them
>Niggers hassling the cashier for pennies off because "Walmarts gotz dis fo cheapuh"
>Old people paying with checks that the poor cashier now has to call into some hotline to verify, holding up lines

Go online:
>Look for exactly what I want by searching model number
>Access to thousands of reviews and opinions about said product
>Save money by cruising for a deal without even leaving my chair
>Stuff shows up at the door a few days later

You would be foolish to want to go anywhere that is not specialized. Home Depot is about the only physical store I frequent to feed my wood working hobby.

I've lived in 5 differrent American cities and the comments in this thread are so unrealistic its hard to believe another American is even writing them. I'm sure there are some places, especially poorer neighborhoods in decaying cities, that have an overwhelming majority of thugs of deadbeats, but none of the cities I have lived in have had any of these issues of being so overrun by savage black people that we can't even really support a shopping mall or grocery stores without rampant crime. I'm sure there is a few pockets like that around but the country as a whole doesn't suffer from that problem.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that New Orleans and Chicago (places that I've lived) aren't on your list of "fantastic cities with virtually no nigger crime." Try living in close vicinity to the orc hordes before lecturing us on how they're just poor unfortunate souls.

Don't get me wrong I've seen black savagery first hand. White people can be just as bad but I admit I've seen a whole lot worse from blacks on average.

But the comments I've been reading make it sound like the US can't support retail like shopping malls because they get overrun with niggers, or that we have vast expanses of residential areas that can't support grocery businesses because of nigger crime.

If you're unfortunate enough to live in a place where they don't employ the people that live there, then yeah I guess you might have that problem. But for the vast majority of working Americans day to day life isn't about holeing up and avoiding nigger savagery by buying on amazon.

Incorrect. I've seen two malls, within two years of each other, shut down because of nigger infestation. The property owners of one were smart enough to tear it down and rebuild it as an outdoor strip mall. This removed the loitering and congregating problems and it's now a thriving mall. The other is a wasteland that every major retailed except Dillard's has left. And that Dillard's only handles the regions clearance.

Admittedly, I haven't seen a "no grocery zone" in my travels, although I have seen some pretty disheveled indian-run stores where I got the vibe that a white guy was a welcome face and witnessed visible anger and tension from the cashier's when a group of brothers walked in.

Why was this post deleted?

Probably 'cause mods don't want this place to turn into Sup Forums. Feel free to post your pedophile cartoons, though!