D E V I L I S H
E
V
I
L
I
S
H

Yes, most employees have a desktop and a Chromebook. They have a strong security model in part because we want to feel comfortable buying them in bulk for internal use.

I'm not super into anime, but if I was, it would be one that involves robots and EEG headsets. I've also seen a couple of episodes of Death Note and FLCL and thought they were on point.

Dang yo, OP was in the bathroom.

Why do kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Not sure, but an ML research team is working on it and expects to have a useful answer within five years.

To rephrase that a little, ChromeOS has a better security model than Android, and I personally trust it because it was designed to cheaply and effectively protect corp info (FDE, trusted boot, etc.).

Are there too many tranfag around there? If yes, how you control yourself from not kicking them in face?

Do you sell your users' data or abuse it in any other way?

How often do you see hot and fit female programmer?

Does your work feel meaningful at all?

What programming languages are dominant out there?

Rust.

How's HRT going?

Prove that you're a google employee.

What happens if you say you're a Trump supporter?

People actually scream NAZI at you?

Plenty, but it turns out that they're mostly interesting, cool people, so kicking them in the face isn't really an option.

It would surprise me. There's a general culture of "we want people to trust us with as much of their life as possible so that we can do cool things with AI, so we can't fuck this up". It's (intentionally) very difficult to access user data.

The eng gender ratio could be better, and there are enough "hot, fit" people working around the office in non-tech roles that it's hard to answer your question. There are a surprising number of ripped male programmers (most offices have onsite gyms with free classes).

Honestly, yes. I like what I work on and have freedom to pick projects are meaningful to me, but I'm sure that's not true on every team. The promo ladder is based on impact and strongly encourages people to seek out more impactful work.

C++, Java, Python, Go.

Will you walk up to moot and slap his lunch of the desk/table for me sometime this week?

I…don't really feel like trying? If you can come up with a safe way, let me know.

I'm pretty curious myself. I've never heard anyone come out and say that they're a Trump supporter. People don't really scream much... some people would just tell their managers that they don't want to work with you, others would try to debate you/convince you that you're wrong. I'd love to see it happen, just to know for sure.

Prove it by posting the most recent person in go/epitaphs

how can i get paid by google to work part time on open source shit
i have tried to talk to google recruiters about this several times and they don't seem to understand what this means, or they can't offer part time for whatever reason

You would have to be a very strong individual contributor

Muh benis is really hard now, user

so it's the usual corporate "do a million things for us for free before we even consider paying you" approach, gotcha

Well you can work at Google and get paid to work there and then transition into what you want to do

What do you and people at Google think of the Rust language? Is it used at Google?

What are your preferred pronouns?

Is the Jewish population responsible for the terrorist attack on September 11th, 2001?

people keep telling me that, if i was capable of enslaving myself with the rest of the normans i would have done it already, but i can't, i can only work part-time for health reasons, and i believe proprietary software is gravely unethical and evil

in the meantime i sit here filling out your shitty captchas and training your RNNs just for the privilege of begging someone for a job on this shit forum, how fucked up is that? thanks google

>write Sup Forums on piece of paper
>pick your id badge
>cover your name and photo (or other information just show the google logo)
>take a photo with id badge beside paper

But, about the questions.

How hard is it to get a job on google?

Is it true that you have a table full of free chocolate and snacks? And a freezer with free soda?

sounds like you're the problem and don't belong in society

What do you think about adnauseam ? Does this shit harm google in any way?

Any suggestions on side projects I can do to make a job application to Google stand out?
Not something crazy revolutionary but something that shows I know my stuff in an area Google is interested in.

a.*z

(Hi, friendo who I assume isn't looking at the go/epitaphs logs as we speak.)

20% time is real if you're reasonably productive in the 80%. Google would have to own the project (github.com/google), but it's reasonable to ask your manager to use your 20% time to work on it. If your manager says no, I believe that there's an escalation process.

Oh, okay. Well, as an example, my job is on an open source Google project that you've heard of. I think that "I want to work on something that's open source" and "I need to work part time for health reasons" are separate questions that I would raise one at a time (and I would save the second one until after you have an offer).

Rust isn't currently whitelisted for internal use. I'm not the right person to ask, beyond that, due to what I work on.

I would marry and love transMoot for all the eternity.

Name a thing which you love and a thing which you hate about google?

this plz

Can you describe why google is not botnet?

Does Google's AI manages anything in the company? Have you seen self-emerging code created at google, even it if is single purpose programs?

yes, i'm planning to kill myself in about 2 minutes and i'm gonna livestream it, keep an eye out

that's cool that you think there is a chance for it, my experience is that unless the offer is significantly large then they won't even budge an inch on something like working hours, it's also hard to build up a strong portfolio when i'm up against these inhuman autists who are capable of writing code for 16 hours a day without personal shit getting in the way

He/him, but they/them is also fine in situations where it doesn't matter.

Too much risk/effort there. Also, the Google logo isn't on the badges.

> How hard is it to get a job on google?

I interviewed more than once. The successful time, I answered interview questions on a whiteboard in front of a friend/camera for a couple of weeks beforehand, and did online programming problems to buff up on graph search, etc.. It's less sucky now (there's a pilot program to let you use a Chromebook instead of a whiteboard for coding), but interviews are somewhat unrealistic in tech as a whole, and practicing is still necessary. Getting "in the door" (i.e. in touch with a recruiter and scheduled for a phone interview) is the hardest part.

> Is it true that you have a table full of free chocolate and snacks? And a freezer with free soda?

There's a microkitchen with snacks, chocolate, soda (and non soda), automatic coffee makers, a professional espresso machine, oatmeal, and fruit within a ~two minute walk of any desk in my office. The most unhealthy things are in closed, opaque containers and the healthy things are out in the open. It's restocked daily.

>It's (intentionally) very difficult to access user data

Have you ever gotten access to user data by copy pasting a logs ticket?

Welcome back Moot
Now buy the site back you faggot. (I miss you)

Have you fucked a Pajeeta?

are you a cuck?

My manager gives me shit when I submit code on nights/weekends because it sets a bad example for the team, and people openly deal with their personal shit at work. Google, at least, is fairly supportive.

If it's a health issue, save it for late in the process. Srsly, it can get better.

How can I get a dev job at Google?

Lel, do you mean copying the body of someone else's ticket into a new one?

theverge.com/2016/7/21/12246258/google-deepmind-ai-data-center-cooling

I haven't seen any AI-written code yet.

I did research on this when it happened. It got pulled from the store because it had both the main ad hiding/clicking feature *and* a malware protection feature, and maybe others(?). It sounds like an email was sent out to the developer asking them to please separate each extra feature into its own extension. I'm not involved so I don't know for sure, but as far as I can tell the dev never responded.

Personally, I think that Google and everyone else is going to need to find another way to make money eventually. I don't know how other people feel about it.

I know nothing about our ads, but I think that in general roboclicks are a problem for the ad industry and they're fighting it hard. It wouldn't surprise me if adnauseam clicks get filtered out along with other fake ones.

I got contacted by a recruiter after working in the industry for a while. I also have a bunch of projects up on GitHub. I'm not sure how to make a "cold" application stand out, unfortunately, but that doesn't mean it's not possible. My best guess would be impact: make an open source project that people use.

Love: Lots of project freedom, no set schedule, great perks and coworkers.

Hate: I feel like Google sucks at polish, and the incentives are set up in such a way that everyone wants to do big refactors and make new messaging apps instead of making the existing ones excellent.

Did you go for promo this perf? :^)

Help destroy evil Jewgle, user! Release the source code of Evil Google apps!

perhaps you need some confidence and dedication?

>Google
Top or bottom? How many dicks do you suck per day?

is it a botnet?

are you allowed to shit in the hallways? or do you shit in the parking lot, pajeet?

Yes

:•)

None, but I did go to the pride march (pictured, I think?). Queer people are fun.

How's the pay?

~$200k, but I'm not an oldfag yet.

OK, I've got shit to do. It's been real.

W8. Being a physicist, how can I work at Google?

>make an open source project that people use
Would be enough to contribute to successful projects?

Hello. Ask me anything.

Are you enjoying your life? Really

i knew you were a faggot moot but this has gone too far

>transmoot
go back to tumblr with your cringy worship of mental disorders

Why is everyone on google a narcisitic cunt with delusional views about the interneta dn the world in general?

That's only the people in the west. The people in Japan and Corea re fine.

if you're an actual employee I have two requests:
>a native option in chrome for disabling auto-playing videos
>an option in backup and sync (formerly google drive) to sync files according to a schedule
what's stopping you from implementing these features?

Out of curiosity, why do you come here of all places for a AMA?
>Jewgle employee
>on Sup Forums
Don't you have other work to do, Christopher?

I do wish Google diversified their income sources. I believe they will eventually do so too. But in the mean time while they transition towards that they will be in for a rough patch.
>In before I'm called a jewgle botnet loving cuck

Sauce? I need to know that person's name.

ITT bunch of retards.

> Ask a %BIG_COMPANY_NAME% employee anything.

also, i am a girl, no timestamps/tits, trust me.

I'm not glad you're dead, but I'm glad you're gone.

nice try google

Why do you hate freedom?

I knew it
I knew you goatfuckers were lurking Sup Forums all along

Spread the news, adnauseam is officially compromised

Not him, but my boss/manager is a physicist.

If you're going for software eng, you need to be competent at software eng. Google doesn't really care if you're a physicist/lib arts if you're good.

how did you get in to google and what do you do there

Where do you work (country,state), what's your title and what's your pay? I work for a big company (probably top 20 in tech) and make 78k as an SE3. Its really low because I'm in a satellite office and not in the US but Im just curious anyway

If those are meaningful contributions (not just typo/SJW fixes).

Keep in mind that there are roughly three parts: getting your foot in (referrals), getting to the interview (good resume, pre-screening interview), and the interview. Good open source contributions help with the second.

You'd have to ask someone on those teams, but I'd guess not enough manpower to handle feature requests of that priority (or poorly specced out feature request).