Be american

>be american
>never even learn calculus

Anus :D

Bnus :D

Snus :D

Huh. And here I was thinking that derivatives, integrals, and matrices were calculus

>matrices are calculus
>American education

>matrices
>calculus
kek

>matrices
>calculus

>matrices
>calculus

FYI matrices are not calculus

>matrices
>calculus

>Ameristupids

>tfw haven't done math on paper since 9th grade
Got no use for this shit.

>Las matrices son cálculo

matrices are linear algebra, not calculus

>learning something as impractical as calculus

>matrices
>calculus
Were you trying to be retarded?

Jacobian and Hessian are matrices from calculus

God dammit I fucked up
Don't pursue math as a career choice
It all blends together

It is fine. Let us be real. Unless you are doing engineering, you are not going to use calculus. Though I do use basic algebra everyday in the laboratory.

Was being retarded part of your plan?

I do paper math for small construction projects, like ladder stairs for my cabin.

Do they teach derivatives and integrals in high school in europe?

yeah, I went to a "business-oriented" high school and it was basically the core part of our math

Compared to 95% of what you learn in school, it is highly practical. Even so, it is absolutely essential to understand statistics, which is absolutely essential to understand the world. But also, it's absolutely essential to model any sort of change, so really, unless you want to be a kindergarten teacher or do manual labor, you'll need it.

Yes

only the top of our class learns calculus in high school - maybe grades 11 or 12

most people do not take it until college, and that's only for majors that require it, typically STEM or finance

What the heck do you even do in HS?

You don't learn calculus, and you don't learn evolution, and you don't even learn about the Japanese-American internment camps. What do you learn?

desu most finns don't learn about evolution beyond a very dumbed-down version and the calculus they learn is very basic

Apparantly they do but you get to pick between two kinds of math here and I picked the one for dumb people. I should have picked the other one though because I picked it all up pretty easily when I started my electrical engineering major.

we literally learn about the civil war every single year. even up into college. i kid you not

also, half of the time our classes are disrupted by niggers, irish, or italian class-clowns

I had a friend who didn't do high school but he picked up all high school math on his own in like a month and is a math major now

In Finland you can, after middle school, pick whether you want to go to high school or trade school, and that way the retarded half of the population ends up learning how to move boxes in a storage hall without disrupting those with any kind of potential.

who told you this lie

I didn't, and I'm voting for Hillary. I can't be as stupid as you think.

we have trades schools too but typically the more motivated working class who actually has to support themselves (comes from poor family) goes to them while the retards stay in regular school

you don't even need most of this shit unless you specialize in something that requires it

Fact:

the calculus taught in highschool should be the minimum needed to understand in basic terms a continuous probability distribution.

Probability and statistics are what mathematics in highschool should be working towards, not engineering and physics mathematics.

probability and statistics are among the most important tools needed to make inferences about the world and make rational decisions.

It is these skills which will make our general populations more knowledgable, perceptive and capable of understanding the world around them and making informed decisions.

It would be of MUCH more use to our society if the general population knew (in a basic way) what the variance or standard deviation of a sample is, or what an expected value is, or what a confidence interval or hypothesis test is .
This would be much more beneficial to our society than our general population knowing how to integrate Tanh(x), or find an expression for sin(5x) in terms of powers of cos(x) and sin(x).

Yes , those skills will be very important to engineers and scientists and many other professions but for the compulsory mathematics education in highschool that our general population will receive, it is CLEARLY of secondary importance compared with giving our general population a grasp of probability and statistics.

It really is the most important part of maths to be familiar with in order not to be a dumb fuck in your general day to day life where you have to make decisions under uncertainty.

So unless you study any engineering or science, including a social science?

And even so, how is it any less useful than history or geography?

What kind of shitty fucking schools do you people go to?

Calc was taught to me sophomore or junior year and I took AP Calc senior year. Of course this was 12 or so years ago.

true
I don't even know what a matrice is.

# # # # # # # #
# #
He meant vectors ya poooftahs

yes, matrices

h-he was probably refering to vector calculus

>vectors are calculus

everything you want to believe, Omar. Yes, it must feel bad to work as telemarketing to someone dumb than you...

vector calculus

It's up to you to learn. Most teachers are underpaid and were bottom of the class, and most students are shitters, even in "AP" and "honors" courses. Except for math, if you were ahead in math (e.g. did all of applied single variable calculus by the time you graduated) you wouldn't have shitters in your math classes because math is the easiest way to filter out retards and people with a bad work ethic. This applies to the calculus based physics courses as well (we unironically have non-calculus """college""" level physics)

People unironically say things like
>I can't do math
>I'm not a math person
>I'm bad at math

Arithmetic isn't calculus despite finding its uses there

I like math, understand how important this is to everything

but

>tfw you suck at calculus and can't even pass a simple semester because of it

But maybe the 'murican meant this