Found a Vega 56 in stock for 425 euros, im buying that shit

Good luck.

and... It's gone.

it has 51 pieces in stock

why does this require a whole thread?

i bought it

>tfw got a GTX 1080 after Vega was DOA
feels good desu
maybe eventually they'll fix that shit with drivers but I'm not holding my breath

Meanwhile in the USA all that is available is the 64 for $700, fuck that. May as well get a 1080ti

Enjoy your housefire.

Vega 56 is a lot cheaper if you can find one. With a BIOS flash and some undervolting it competes with a 1080 despite the shitty drivers. What it will do with actual drivers is anyone's guess.

Spent 800$ on a ebay vega 56 that I could not afford to upgrade the rest of the build.

Where did you get it from?

Good choice user. Vega 56 flashed to 64 coming through.

See
It gets to 75c tops. Fan runs at 2800 rpm and is hardly noisy to my ears. yes it consumes more power than a GTX 1080 (about 100 watts more to be precise). But it's pretty much nothing really. Plus I paid only £380 for mine.

Damn, I was hoping for bundles with Ryzen to be available for more than 5 minutes. I think I'll be using a 2500K and 390 for another two years.

I just bought a vega56 for AUD$599 (roughly 401 euros).

What's this Vega nonsense? AMD is garbage, Nvidia is literally the only company capable of making a good GPU.

AMD is garage but yes nvidia is better

t. rx 580 owner

literally samefag

Tell me where.

Same here nice quiet cooler and clocks to 2ghz out of the box on boost

Cheaper due to it being shit for mining and perfect for 1080p ultra with aa

>vega

>phoneposter
discarded

running 5 of them for mining atm, only consume around 740watts/per sec and temp are at 51-55c/47% fan speed, pretty solid cards so far

How does it feel being the most hated person in technology right now?

yeah,but nvidia do not like competition because they did the nvidia physics and they will not share it,amd is going the right way with vega so iam excited iam getting a vega also.

Where are the fucking AiB cards?
I need Nitro+ 56.

is there any custom cooling like accelero xtreme out yet for vega?

i bought a rx560.
undervolt to 0.990V and set power target to 175%.
knocked 25W at the wall and always gets to max 1.3GHz without drops.

i suggest you undervolt your vega.

Is it necessary to flash 56 to 64? I thought that only change the clocks?

Can you not just undervolt over lock? Good numbers to aim for?

they use the same VRM ( power system ) but the Bios of the Vega 56 is cap lower for total Power Consumption ( V * A so it's current limited )
And it also runs the HBM2 memory at a different Voltage which is known to be able to run at high frequency because of so.

Thanks.

So when I flash it what volts and frequencies should I aim for?

Doesn't the 56 have 56 compute units, the 64 64?

Supposedly HBM2 overclocks higher with the 64 BIOS.
800 Mhz is 56 stock
945 Mhz is 64 stock
1100 Mhz is what my 56 does with a 64 BIOS.

gpuz says it's Samsung memory. Don't know if Hynix memory behaves differently.

PRIMITIVE SHADERS WHEN
REEEEEEE
It's mostly about memory.
56 is 1.2v@800, 64 is 1.35v@945.

Not really, remember Vega is 1 chips,
56 is a Cut off version of 64 that didn't meet standards aka semi failed, The flashing of the Bios to from the 56 to 64 is known to reactivate a few other possible good Compute units. Therefore some people out there have Vega 57, 58 etc.

Read up on How things are made you'll have a better understanding that most GPU and CPU are 1 product with different Tier of "Quality"...
If you only sold the chips that came out at 100% you would waste sometime has much has 60% of a Production . Therefore what can be sold has a lower units is done. if not Gpu price and CPu prices would be insane!

flashing bios does not activate more units

That was a bug in gpuZ. You can't unlock compute units by using a 64 BIOS.

I thought that too about the threadripper / epyc chips but someone pointed out they test the dies before they put them on the pcb and I assume they would do the same with vega.

Aww I wasn't aware of that, last i heard was from Buildzoid. doing overclocks like the crazy guy he is.

amd loses $100 per Vega card. they are mining to get the costs back, just wait a couple weeks

>AMD loses $100 per Vega card
Post BoM please.

somewhere on currytech, search for yourself goddamn don't be so lazy

XDdddd----

>currytech
Whoa, what an incredibly valid source!
Should I search my ass for one?

>tfw i don't play a single game on that list
why no one is benchmarking mgs v, xcom 2 and ace combat 7?

>AC7
It's not even out yet you retarded belkan scum.