How much can one realistically expect to make with a CS degree?

how much can one realistically expect to make with a CS degree?

Assume the following specifications
>Location: California
>School: Public Uni
>Internships: None

>literally caring about money if you got a solid degree.
Fucking degenerates. Pls kys.
Money is just useless shit and as long as you don't have to struggle to pay your fixcosts, which you prolly can with a CS degree, you are fine

>realistically
Realistically, expect nothing. Degrees are a meme.

>Internships: None
McJob it is then

How'd you go 4 years without an internship?

got too into gaming and my anxiety prevented me from applying anywhere.

sorry, all jobs require job experience which you can't have without itself

yah sorry go back to school and this time remember the fuckin internship ya dip

too lazy to do it?

6 figures if you work at a tech company. Since you have no internships you will either have to nail interviews, be good, or work a couple jobs for less than 100k before you get there. Asking questions like this on Sup Forums is pretty retarded because you get answers like the ones before mine.

If you can do anything more than CRUD apps and don't leave a sweat silhouette on your chair in an interview you will start out at 60-70k in any reasonably sized city and go up from there. No one gives a fuck about your internships but you better have a portfolio.

If you have an interesting specialty like embedded, distributed systems, or low level graphics, you can start pretty close to six figures.

If you have a decent portfolio, open source commits on household name projects, and can sleepwalk through all the CTCI shit, go for the big leagues at a VC-backed company and you will get six figures total comp for sure.

I earn 3.5k every two weeks working for a bank. In a third world country

While you were wasting your time gaming, Nguyen and Patel kids took all the jobs.

Depends on you're geolocation and gender you identify with.

USA?

Philippines

Same difference

How about me

School: Public Uni
Internships: Daktronics, NSA Research

Why the fuck do people on g always talk about 100k entry jobs? Is this normal in murica?
In germoney you won't get to a 100k€ without a whole lot of luck (or you are self-employed)

3.5k USD or PHP? That's insane either way

USD and I dont even do a lot work

get the fuck out of South Dakota and you'll do fine

>Location: South Dakota
probably a lot if you're willing to move to tech hubs.
How's the market in SD?

Make some open source projects on github, or contribute to some existing ones then add your github to your resume as experience.

you guys traded equity comp for unions, how's that working out?

I make ~40k which is not much, but the job comes with perks
>I get to show up at 10
>I get to wear track pants and sandals to work
>any language I want
>any distro I want (for the server too)
>I get to smoke weed on breaks

> worked for private company that makes one score board and sells it to every highschool in the country.
> worked for government agency that arguably made the most complex and advanced system ever engineered by humans.
lol a bit of a shift for you, there.

Well I don't need a 100k tbqh. Living Safe and having awesome healthcare is better imo

Was planning to move to somewhere like Seattle because this place kinda sucks for anything that isn't being a doctor.

In terms of tech, it's pretty much like we are stuck 10 years in the past, but for other things this place is crazy for the amount of money coming through here.

True. Got the Dak internship when I was a freshman and worked there for a few years. Helps that the NSA likes my Uni.

yeah basically.
how would I put open source projects on my resume

>how would I put open source projects on my resume
he gave you step by step directions in the post you quoted fuccboi

Honestly if you want to stay in SD/ND switch to an EE degree and work oil and gas on site. Way more money than software.

>no internships

you have personal projects at least though right?

>Living safe
>Being overrun, killed and rapes by peace-loving "refugees"
Hmmm...

Should've gotten some internship, that's how I got my full-time offer. Would have probably been pretty hard to prove myself otherwise since I had nothing big to put on my resume.

Your best bet now is to just apply to a bunch of companies, I think the hardest part will be getting the interviews.

If you're interested in doing similar shit to your agency internship look at some beltway contractors, if you got your clearances from the internship you could make 150+ easily

"""overrun"""

PS: I am a white male, I won't get raped. Maybe killed, but that won't bother me after I got killed.

Muh nigga. The correlation between money and happiness peaks at around $70k US per year.

I just got my full time offer in San Francisco to start when I graduate next year. Total comp including equity is over $200k. Go to a shitty school, have a couple of tiny start up internships, but have some decent personal projects. Main thing that got me the job was having a friend refer me for the interviews, after that it was just proving that I am competent.

>California

You'll "make" $90,000/yr easy but that's only because the cost of living where you are is so high that you'll realistically be living closer to $50,000-60,000.

In California and other big cities, you make six figures and that's enough to almost not be poor. In other parts of the country that makes you kinda upperclass.

CS degree here. Top grade. NEET for 10 years since graduating.

So, no money at all.

>this is what wagelets have deluded themselves into thinking

>larping: the post

>no internships
Good luck getting any job above minimum wage. You might be worse off with a degree and no internships than with no degree; it makes it look like there's something wrong with you

N-no internships here yet either after 3 years... feels bad desu. Only now getting my shit together and building a resume and going to the career fair and looking for clothes with collars and gay shit like that.

I DO have a bunch of personal projects, at least. Will--will I be okay, guise?

>anime waifu avatarfagging
"No"

Describe your projects

!

OP your mistake is not moving to work @ Israel, assuming you're good at math
over 10k programming jobs
JAVA to COBOL and everything in between

i make ~ USD 6529 a month (before tax)

Fairly small ones I did over the summer like doing some whacky stuff for a math major friend's research in Java and generally fucking around in C and Node.js. No graphics or GUIs or DBs or any of that GOOD SHIT™; classes only teach useless shit like how to use emacs and implement a multithreaded console program in C.

>do school-related internship at one of the biggest domestic tech companies in my country
>surpass the expectations for all of my projects, get to give presentations about them to +- 70 employees
>literally worked there for about 6 months total for free, finally receive a full-time offer
>mfw 1850 euros a month before taxes
>WESTERN EUROPE
I want to kill myself.

Spain?

This.
People who talk about 100k entry level jobs are NEETs who have no idea what they are talking about.