How do developers who make the latest memeJS javascript framework make money if this shit is 'free'?

How do developers who make the latest memeJS javascript framework make money if this shit is 'free'?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/nodejs/TSC/pull/327
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

donations? support from big companies?

React is facebooks framework, angular is googles... node.js is developed by mentally ill fagots (they do it for free, as long as the code of conduct aknowledges their imagined gender)

They get hired by big companies who can afford to a. run the latest meme stack and b. pay lots of money to hire developers knowledgeable in the latest meme stack

They already have webdev jobs at companies and the meme JS frameworks boost job security because now the companies has to keep them around to teach other developers to use it

Same way LAMP stack devs made money 10 years ago.

they didn't

> Mongo DB
why

You can sell me on node.js, express, maybe even angular if I am in a good mood, but there is literally no excuse to use MongoDB for >95% of all applications.

Enterprise support, or in case of Google, tax dodge because "R&D"

People thought NoSQL was the next big thing. And it probably was in a way, but people bought in to MongoDB way too hard.

mongoloidb is IPOing for a valuation of 1.6 billion.

startups don't actually have to make money, they just need to get users then get VC-bucks then get more users rinse repeat until saturation then IPO so the VCs can cash out.

it's hip
mariaDB is so 2000s

> > Mongo DB
> why
Because it's meant to be MEAN.

Relational databases are a huge pain in the ass for iterative development. You have no freedom to make radical changes in the database structure week after week, and every modification basically requires restarting the whole god damn thing. MongoDB you just drop in more fields and everything is copa-fucking-cetic.

do people honestly use NodeJS after they went unironic #KillAllMen?

I only know about the Ayo split where a bunch of SJW faggots got upset about a twitter comment and their votekick didn't pass so they threw a fit and quit. What's this about?

Meh developer don't care about it, average developer never read reddit,HN,Sup Forums just somebody told must develop in X or send to one course.

>Ayo split
that was a small part of it, and it's still ongoing. After the initial rvagg witchhunt and ayo split they're basically restructuring the entire internal organization (merging CTC and TSC). The people behind this push are people angry about rvagg not getting kicked. There's been a lot of stuff.

Google the github gist "Summary of the Node.js Board controversy from what I can gather". I tried to paste the link but Sup Forums keeps saying it's spam.

>it's hip
>it's not square

>meanwhile npm 5 is a clusterfuck of shit and nothing is being done to address the 1000+ open tickets for it

> Code of Conduct Violation Report regarding Ashley Williams
It's like in my Mass Effect games.

they're trying to re-write the rules to make it acceptable to #KillAllMen on your twitter while still being able to blacklist people who don't drink the SJW koolaid: github.com/nodejs/TSC/pull/327