/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/_2J5phyd9J4

>Strap Guide: pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/jeffreyjschwab/videos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are those frederique constant watches Shit meme tier or decent cheap watches?

I would say they are decent.

Is the guy with the gold Luch and Seiko here?

What do you think about this?

I want to do a movement transplant on my SKX, which movement I should go with, 4R36, 6R15 or something else?

>great collections from /wt/
>post them

>wrong pic

Look up if it's been done before, the stems will likely be different between the non-handwinding 7s26 and the 4r/6r movements.

I don't own an SKX so I don't know how the crown is attached to the stem, is it just a simple, common tap 9 thread?

What do you guys think of my new Daniel Wellington watch?

Wear it in good health.

Thanks buddy, I love the look of this.

I'm being sarcastic. Kys.

Fucking an hero, lameshit.

I hope that's one of the $4 aliexpress ones.

What? You cant afford these???

You're not fooling anyone with how short those hands are m8. 2/10 I replied.

Oh fuck you got me.
I got this in a ebay auction for less than 2 dollars kek.

Still, two dollars too expensive.

They're meme dogshit unless inhouse.

Looks wise, they aren't so bad. Quality is absolute dogshit though, especially on the Chinese fakes.

No I couldn't possibly afford all that.

What's going on with Archie's channel? Did he lose the rights to the Archieluxury character?

What are Sup Forums approved digital watches?G-shock are good, but fedora and unnecessarily big
Need one for diving, cycling and general sports

get a gw-m5610. it's the coolest looking gshock, not big, and probably the best watch for the money you can get. it has solar, atomic time, and 200m water resistance.

Who is this slag and are there pics of her bare tits?

Haute horlogerie

>tfw waiting for watch to arrive :3

Be sure to take pics once it ships.

I will. Have been waiting for this watch since the day they announced its development.

Wew they really jacked up prices, hope it's a worthwhile upgrade.

They're using an eta 2824, anti-magnetic cage, BWG9 lume, sapphire bezel, made it 300m (therefore THICCer). Those are all the differences, besides the case shape, I can think of between it and their old watches.

Still wish it wasn't so big though. Obris pls make a

wooden watch master race??

Looks comfy

chink shitter

Great idea, you could toss it in the fire right after unboxing the turd.

This is a good call. It's my go-to beater watch.

Guys, what seiko 5 is this?

who gives a fuck

maibe ur mom?

>TFW the amount of money you spent on shitters could buy a Calatrava

Can't remember the exact model number, but I know new ones are extinct by now.

youtube.com/user/jeffreyjschwab/videos

True luxury, the pinnacle of horology

Fresh off r/watches? I should head over and check how those connoisseurs of haute horlogerie are doing.

was thinking about getting pic related. thoughts?

There are plenty of better looking Citizens with sapphire around that price. If you're gonna get a citizen at least make sure it has a sapphire crystal.

Hah!

>this delusional guy
>those comments under every video
Is Invicta-cuckoldry a mental illness?

anybody else get a pre-order?

i wish the date was black, but i really don't like the colored minute or second hands

Looks nice, but I'm avoiding divers because I don't really need one.

>divers
i just like the look. and i do use the the bezel a lot, for laundry, cooking, 'hey let's meet back here in 30 minutes, ok?'
i functioned normally for years without one, but i've grown accustomed to using it now.

i'm interested in hearing from anyone who already owns a Obris Morgan

Clarence Newby
what's your opinion of Steinhart watches?

Phatkat Collections
I checked them out online sir. Im sure they make a fine product but they are like 380 euros at minimum. For what your getting Id rather a grand diver auto with the seiko nh35 for 120 bucks. I just dont see the value in spending that on a watch that frankly looks like every other watch. ya know?

steinhart BTFO by normalfags

>normalfags
This guy seems more like an estrogen excess-induced narcissistic borderline-psychopath with a taste for sharing his sexual partner with "urban" gentlemen, and screaming at his wife's son.

What the fuck? Did your jewish psychology professor throw all those terms at you today?

Are 12?

lawyerfag seems pretty bro - does he still post or is it just too much of a shit circus for him?

No, I'm terminally autistic.

Do you morons ever contemplate saving up to buy a proper piece instead of the same dogshit microbrand chink bullshit nonsense watches you keep circlejerking over? Feels good not being poor.

yes

o hey, i didn't notice this when i posted congrats

lets see your watches faget

Why does /wt/ hate 5s so much?

>Why does Sup Forums hate everything so much?
ftfy

I don't.

Does this look ok?

REMINDER

Yes, it's OK.

damn, kim jong un looks stylish as fuck these days

Honestly, it's one of the few watches that looks decent on fat folk.

I have never ever used my timing bezel, now I want a chronograph watch despite the fact I will never ever have a use for it.

you don't always get to choose what you like.
just get one if you want it

No I already met my watch quota for this month, I still can't believe I spent $550 on a watch let alone a used one. This is by far the most I've ever spent on a watch.

The owner listed it as working but might need servicing, so far using the COSC app it is -2 seconds a day. Took it apart and all of the serial numbers associated with Rolexes are there. Serial also matches this model and time. Sadly no box which was why it was somewhat cheap.

If I knew OM was going to come out with a new watch I would have waited. I was hoping to replace my SKX with an Explorer. Fortunately this watch gets plenty of compliments, compared to my SKX.

Oh yea forgot to add, size is 36mm. I wanted a 39mm or 42mm Rolex but they were way way too expensive.

What the fuck. That was $550?

lol

>If I knew OM was going to come out with a new watch
they have a mailing list and they announced they'd go on sale at 13:00 GMT today
difficult to tell from the chinglish on their website, but it seems like thay might put more up for sale soon??

> Fortunately this watch gets plenty of compliments,
but do you like it user?

This is a big watch for such a bare dial, 3-4 mm smaller would look literally perfect.

This is my daily wear, currently I don't own any other watches.

What watches should i get to diversify my accessory collection?

Swatch

Its 36mm, most watches now a days are 40+ I also have scrawny nu-male arms....

What model? Care to post pics maybe?

Oh ok I'm sorry. Maybe the angle worsens the effect a bit also. Could have sworn this was a 40mm watch based on the looks.

>spending 500 on a used.watch

You sound like the kind of person who spends $3800 on a modern ETA 2824 longines.

>Obris Morgan
>same Swiss Movement except new and modernized
>wouldn't cost an ass raping from Rolex to service
>unknown water resistance
>"entry level rolex"
Honestly should have gotten the OM.

The shills are in full force, just like last thread.

Sure thing "Entry Level Rolex" guy, how is that buyers remorse working out for you?

are you a chink or a woman?

weebshit company

This Oris Morgan guy needs to tell his boss he is done here. No one is going to buy your watch that you forgot to finish but decided to sell as a "tool watch aesthetic".

>Not spending $500 on a well chosen vintage watch that appreciates.
LMAO @ ur lyfe

Holy shit, I might pre-order one just to trigger you.

Reminder that Swatch Memega will never recreate this, nor the Flightmaster

How the fuck did you get a Speedmaster II for $500.

That's a 1974 Speedmaster Mark 4.5 with the Lemania 5100 movement, and I actually got it for $400 USD about 10 years ago when I practically stole it from the seller on eBay.