Are there any Sup Forums approved antivirus programs? I've yet to find a free one or otherwise that was decent...

Are there any Sup Forums approved antivirus programs? I've yet to find a free one or otherwise that was decent. I know it might not be needed if you are just careful, but I want at least a little something just in case.

"action packed trip to Detroit"

please just win the game, please just win the game, please just win the game

g is full of retards that use Linux because muh privacy .. yet they are still oblivious to hardware backdoors so lets pretend they are safe

half of them use firecuck because thats a must if you are Linux geek oh addons dont forget the add...dnskdndsi

Use any mainstream antivirus they are the most used for a reason

Does shit like Avast even catch anything? All the "free" ones are on a trial timer, outdated, bloated, or some other combination of garbage.

not everyone who uses Linux does so for privacy, that is just an added bonus

my bad OP wants free things .. I thought he would buy it

buy it op

ClamAV. With the Common Sense addon.
Hardware backdoor is a pain in the ass, but pretty soon I'll at least be able to stop using Jewtel's compromised backdoors and switch to AyyMD until theirs is compromised.
Also
>using firefucked
>not using superior Luakit or based DWB
>not using surf

Common Sense, current year edition.

If you are paranoid and think a windows machine is compromised, run MBAM on it, it can find stuff other software can't.

>action packed trip to Detroit

Buying it won't make it less shit, it's still just shit with a few more bells and whistles.

Yeah I get the common sense and that's what I've been doing without one at all, but I thought maybe there was a decent one I was missing that could work as a backup plan.

I'll check out ClamAV, but I'm not sure what MBAM is since searching brings up multiple things. Are you referring to Malwarebytes?

Yes, MBAM is MalwareByte's Anti Malware.

Thanks for clarifiying. Do you suggest keeping MBAM free version on or just running it when paranoid and uninstalling?

There is so much wrong with this post I don't know where to start

How do I know ClamAV is working on Windows? I run it and the cmd pops up and disappears before I can read anything on it.

You should run it from a command prompt or use one of the GUIs that people have made for it.

I see GUIs for the Linux version when I search, but not for Windows.

Keep looking, but you may have to compile a GUI yourself. I suggested ClamAV because it's a good option for Linux and thought the OP wanted an antivirus software for Linux specifically.

>installing malware to protect from malware
Just stick with Windows Defender and don't be dumb user.

I really don't see any, and don't have enough knowledge to make one myself. Do you know of any good open source ones for Windows besides ClamAV?

>Trusting Windows Defender

1. GNU/Linux don't suffer from the AIDS Windows do with so many viruses
2. I use a thinkpad about to libreboot

Well, install it for the time of scan. You can't be sure if MBAM was infected if you keep it around. Technically they have additional protection against this in the paid version, but I think just installing it for a scan and then removing it is the way to go.

>it just werks
fuck off!!

That won't save you from wannacry. There's only so far you can go without needing some sort of protection.

Updating your system was enough. The vulnerability was patched out before wanacry started spreading.

This post is why children and the mentally incompetent should be denied a public voice.