Who was the last dictator in your country, or at least the last person with dictatorial powers?

Who was the last dictator in your country, or at least the last person with dictatorial powers?

>Germany.
>Take a guess.

>United States
>King George III

>King George III
>Dicator

Do Americans actually believe this

>Canada
>Justin "Dudeweedlmao" Trudeau

My guess for Germany: Angela Merkel the first

Benito Mussolini, actually. Tito wasn't a dictator because Yugoslavia had a pretty complicated and delegated system of governance.

FDR, no memes.

Some do. George III is blamed for a lot of things that parliament did

unironically Hitler

The Netherlands has mostly been ruled by lobbyists ever since. Be them companies, bigger countries or the EU, our parliament has its butt cheeks spread wide open.

We are and always were democratic af.

this

Oliver Cromwell I suppose

Andrew Jackson?

Spain, not so many ago

Francisco Franco. Pic related: the man with Hitler

Franco was an annoying cunt to Hitler on purpose so he would not have to spend any further time with him and so he would not expect him to join the war. Came too late on purpose etc. Hitler said afterwards he'd rather have all his teeth pulled out than meet with Franco again.

FDR

>Tito wasn't a dictator

Define dictator.

You can have benevolent dictators.

Salazar, also known as Cuntus Maximus.

Nowhere to be found in Europe. You have the South Korean and arguably the one in Singapore, and I think LatAm had one or two. That's it.

Sooo? I dont see your point here. Franco WAS the worst shit it could happen to spain and now we are paying the prize of it with our stupid society.

Honecker

He saved you from gommunism.

Vidkun Quisling.

Literally a lap-dog of Hitler. Horrible guy. Had virtually all members of my extended family arrested at one point during the war. For the awful crimes of: going to university, teaching English, giving food to people and owning and carrying an "illegal" typewriter, whatever the fuck that's even supposed to mean.

He killed so much people in a civil war to save us from comunism? He just wanted spain for himself and made sure no one would be disturbing

Michel Temer

George Bush

Merkel.

>unelected
>power to block any legislation
>ruler for life

I mean, she matches the criteria.

Monarchs are monarchs, they can't be dictators.

technically she has the opposite role

George VI

just get out of my country you dirty fucking scot

>You're country.
I'm on my side of the line, Rajesh.

Great guy. very big fan of him

>you're country
Learn English before calling others Rajesh you word garbling Scottish mong

As if I don't know which your goes where, it's 0100 and I've been out campaigning all day.

Shall I shit on you for your lack of comma and period?

>Mexico
>Porfirio Diaz

Yugoslavia Tito

Didn't Sweden also allow German troops to pass through their territory while invading you?

One of the Governor Generals, and Lord Elgin as far as I can tell. 1848 for Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario/Quebec which was a single entity at the time.

pic related, from 1973 to 1989

Erich Honecker

Officialy Wojciech Jaruzelski or Mieczysław Rakowski but more specifically it will be group of people so communist party + secret service. But the communists made a deal with the opposition anyway and since 1989 the same group of people is in power, they just change seats and parties from time to time so the mob has an illusion of choice and the western countries don't have a reason to intervene here. Now, after the fall of the red curtain everything is done swiftly and with style. There is no choice, but there is no proper dictatorship either.

This.

Russia, the bastion of democracy тbh

He wasn't actually. Yugoslavia was the most "westernized" communist government by far. While Europe censored nudity, and other similar stuff, Yugoslavia had the freedom to emit and do it f.ex

But ofc they didn't follow the political liberal democracy model. No

>Canada defending him

I don't know what are you talking about

How, stop with the memes for one second

[Insert political leader I don't like here]

General Figueiredo, last president from the regime era.
We had 5 military presidents from that era, spanning just over 20 years.

>or at least the last person with dictatorial powers
Abraham Lincoln, that's as close as we get.

>be teen
>history class
>colombia had a dictator
>rojas ''madman'' pinilla
>mfw he is the best president we've ever had
>mfw he was a puppet from both the left and right oligarchy
>he btfo everyone and became probably the most notable president
>then they tell you dictators are inherently bad

forgot pic

>he is the best president we've ever had

>alvaro ''thanks for the free farms'' uribe
>alvaro ''the pope doesn't like me'' uribe
>alvaro ''cucked by santos the retard'' uribe
top kek

Nevertheless, he is the best president we habe had.

In the strict sense, it was Stalin since later Soviet leaders never had the total power he did and they all had to work through the established channels of the state bureaucracy.

I don't go that far. Because while we have had guys like Obama who certainly wish they could be Fidel Castro, the system works as the Founders intended it and restrains them to a large extent.

Stalin didn't hold total power either

So in that sense, I will say that Andrew Jackson, Woodrow Wilson, and FDR were the nearest we had to a dictator.

Rodorigo Durutete-san

F I D E L
I
D
E
L

no he did

oliver cromwell

top kekkonen, pic related

volkswagen, chucrute and all those germany stuffs