Proton vpn

>easy as fuck to use
>free
>able to get FTTH speeds just fine (ttorrenting at 15mb/s right now)

Where is the fucking catch?

Other urls found in this thread:

admin.ch/opc/fr/classified-compilation/20002162/index.html#a15
admin.ch/opc/fr/classified-compilation/20120872/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Botnet

Looks shady af

>free
>torrenting
choose 1

Why do you need a VPN? Doesn't the land of freedom let you download the fuck you want?

torrenting over Tor has to be the most asshole thing you could do

They can see everything you do and know it is you. Protonmail is one of the worst email providers when it comes to your privacy, almost as bad as gmail and hotmail.

"""freedom"""

>free
>torrenting
Nope. The free servers deny torrent traffic.

using it since closed beta, it's hands down the best vpn i've used so far.

>gmail
>bad
no such thing

>FTTH Speeds
>15 mb/s

Thats DSL speeds senpai.

FTTH speeds are 10 gb/s and up.

i'm pretty sure you can back this up with reliable sources, but i'm sure you will instead start muttering somerhing about "jews", "cia" and "botnet".

Is anybody using this on 16.04? I've added the servers to network manager, it looks like it's connecting, it comes up in active connections afterward as well, but I'm still on my regular connection.

PS, it works fine when connecting through cli

I'm pretty sure most FTTH connections would be 1Gbps, not 10Gbps.

Does it have DNS leaks?

>ProtonVPN doesn't just protect your browsing traffic, we also protect your DNS queries. By routing your DNS queries through the encrypted tunnel and not relying on third party DNS providers, we ensure that your browsing activity cannot be exposed by leaks from DNS queries.

Did you input username:password? Did you import the openvpn configuration with the key?

Also, I figure you have NetworkManager VPN package installed, right?

Yes I did all those. Except that the protonvpn configs come without a key.

its legal to download in swiss literally everything BUT you cant be a host

the catch is user we know that both protonmail and protonvpn is being used to test a primal form of the grid
this is what i know from a close friend of mine that was working for some months there
now if they go full jew later on is unknown but given how they are basicly based on cern (so far) it wont happen

So how is this being paid for? They must be making money off of you somehow. Doing it for free is not sustainable.

Did I say something about the legality of it?

He should use i2p file sharing is encouraged.

swiss mountain jews

they obviously charge for it its not free

>vpn
>not using an provider, which supports openvpn.

>trusting in the Bergjude
ISHYGDDT

>this is what i know from a close friend of mine that was working for some months there
is your dad still at nintendo?

but it does?

free version is limited to 1 device

no i had a close friend that he is a telecommunication engineer and his company was hired to improve their sat data links

Swiss laws require ISPs to store logs for 12 months.

no. i've used the free version for months on my desktop browser and via android app.

good thing is protonvpn is no ISP and that they don't log.

nevermind, confused it with protonmail. never used the free version of their vpn.

They're providing telecommunication services, they are required by law to keep identifying logs for 12 months.

>Under Swiss law, we are not obligated to save any user connection logs, nor can we be forced to perform targeted logging on specific users. This allows us to ensure that your private browsing history does in fact stay private and cannot be turned over to a third party under any circumstances.

>Based on Article 13 of the Swiss Federal Constitution and the provisions of Swiss data protection legislation, everyone has the right to the protection of privacy, as well as to protection from misuse of their personal details.

admin.ch/opc/fr/classified-compilation/20002162/index.html#a15
>Ils sont tenus de conserver durant six mois les données permettant l'identification des usagers ainsi que les données relatives au trafic et à la facturation.

>They are required to keep identifying data during 6 months as well as traffic and billing data

>nor can we be forced to perform targeted logging on specific users
Not anymore.
admin.ch/opc/fr/classified-compilation/20120872/index.html

Land of privacy invasion*

And no

Is there any reason to use this shit over windscribe?

Do you have the box checked "Only use for resources on this network"?

don't you share while torrenting? that technically makes you a host.

I can't find a box that says that anywhere desu.

Apparently that box exists in Gnome, but not in Xfce. Either way, it wasn't checked, and checking it doesn't help either. It is very strange, as if the VPN connection is established, but none of my traffic is routed through it.

thing is, not a single swiss server, so ...

Kinda sad that people abuse the good privacy laws of Switzerland to commit crimes.
It's like giving the people the right to free speech and all they do with it is call others nigger and fag.

Kinda sad that people defend immoral laws simply because someone wrote them down.

I'm kinda ignorant of how TOR works; I know what it is, but am not sure why torrenting over TOR makes him an asshole. Does it make other TOR users slow down or something?

Why would protonmail be a bad mail provider?
The inbox is encrypted

It congests the network, yes.

Tried it. Can't even post on Sup Forums because VPN is banned