What do you think about the Linux subsystem on Windows?

What do you think about the Linux subsystem on Windows?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend,_and_extinguish
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Linux is good
Windows is shit

i think you should kys

Linux is shit
Windows is shit
FTFY

>pepe linux
just stop

Its cool.

Why would anyone use Linux apart from server needs?

its fucking shit, better do a VM with linux, is going to be more fast paradoxically

>chrooted lsb release so it can shitpost 3 kind of distros the same time.
>sudo screenfetch as shell
wtf. At least ssh is finally can goes well on wangblows too. Though the ping (notorious blackhat tool) still cucked for muh security.

But user you could DDOS someone using around 3 trillion instances of ping! You wouldn't want windows being used for DDOSing.

I'd rather have a proper Wangblows subsystem on Linux.

Nice, but a lot of stuff doesn't run.

I use it with visual studio to develop and test Linux software without ever having to bother with Linux distros while saving huge amount of time and doing more efficiently and correct than someone attempting the same on Linux.
I couldn't give a single fuck about what you guys think, it's cool - try it out.

t. Pajeet

Hello mr. Pajeet

you realize that the t. meme literally means you're presenting yourself as what comes after that?

>marketer tries to understand/use memes

plebbit is more you level

Linux can do anything.

I use it but it's fairly shit, better than cygwin and easier to interact with your windows filesystem than a vm but I still think vm is the superior solution for most needs

I think you are overreacting over a fact and I assume you're a neet.

Well it's still in beta - test it again next month when it'll be fully released with supporting windows 10 versions. ( the fall update )

"Embrace, extend, and extinguish",[1] also known as "Embrace, extend, and exterminate",[2] is a phrase that the U.S. Department of Justice found[3] was used internally by Microsoft[4] to describe its strategy for entering product categories involving widely used standards, extending those standards with proprietary capabilities, and then using those differences to disadvantage its competitors.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend,_and_extinguish

>Ubuntu
Shit
>OpenSUSE
Shit
>Fedora
Shit

openSUSE with gnome is the tits

macOS is what patricians use 

It's backwards. I'd have rather working windows subsystem on gnu/linux.

Linux deserves to be extinguished.

i'd rather have programs work natively on linux

So do you kike

ok mr. pajeet but i think do you have a wirus in your pc please delete system32 and make a deposit to ur bank account pls

so what is this precisely? some sort of virtualization?

cygwin?

wait, how do you get "cat" to display colors?
can you just put terminal control sequences in the file?
hm I guess that works. I remember "cat /dev/urandom" fucking my terminal up on more than one occasion

> some sort of virtualization?
Linux syscalls translation to NT syscalls.

> extend
Yes but I don't believe they can extend Linux software after so many years of ignoring it. They don't have a headless free Windows version, they don't have fast process spawning, their versions of Linux will be slower than native Linux. I understand what they're trying to do, many devs use either MacOS or Ubuntu, meaning UNIX software like Bash, Docker, etc; now MS can show "look, we have that too, please stay on Windows", but it's hardly a killer feature. I don't know people who will migrate to Windows because of it, maybe some will stay because of it, but just some people.

except work

Maybe if your job is making fag posters with 2k dollar laptop on 200 dollar software. Actually gnu/linux cna do that.