Why don't Americans get paid for sick leave?

Why don't Americans get paid for sick leave?

>getting paid for not doing work

Because we're Amerislaves

>getting sick
just stay home and away from people. you will never catch illness

In order to encourage the rank and file to be productive, rather than rewarding absenteeism.

This
If I don't earn my money, why should I be paid?

Nigga, the work has got to get done. I don't have a fake bullshit job you can just cancel going to at 8am. If I'm not there its a giant hindrance to everyone else.

>Sick person goes to work
>As a result everyone gets sick
>As a result productivity decreases

I get paid sick leave

It's actually up to the state but thanks for asking

because it makes no sense to get paid for not doing your job

Why don't American women get paid pregnancy leave?

holy fuck your country sucks lmao

Sick leave, paid vacation and maternity leave are for communists.

We do. Just don't be a poorfag

UK did a pretty sick leave.

>Americans have to PAY to have a baby
hahahahahahahaha what the fuck

That infringes on the freedom to be poor af, you gommunist

This

Why don't other nations have good hospitals?

Because we aren't lazy pinkos who expect handouts. You don't become number one by taking days off and babysitting the untalented with public money

Because things operated by the Government rarely works because all the money goes to bureaucracy instead.

because cancer requires extensive medical service

>all these poor Amerislaves that don't have paid sick leave
ayy

sick leaf

Because American women aren't people

>he doesn't have a salaried profession

We often do, though. It's just not mandatory by law.
I took the first two days of this week off to finish getting over bronchitis, and my spot on the time sheet reads "Sick-4hrs" for both.

Just gotta get a decent job that cares about retaining employees. Of course burger flippers and other "literally anybody off the street is fine" jobs aren't going to give shit for benefits.

So if you get sick you should lose your job, home, life, and family?

You don't get what you don't earn genius = mind blown

Who raised you? Just because you have googley eyes, it doesn't mean you get a free pass while everyone else grinds their teeth and pulls their weight

If you're so broke that you're living hand-to-mouth every day, then it probably wouldn't make much of a difference to society if you just died. You clearly aren't doing more than menial work. Anybody with a decent job and half a brain knows to set a but of money aside for when shit like getting sick happens.

I get 10 days per year and can work at home as much as I want, so the only reason I even use sick leave is if I'm literally too sick to work.