linfo.org/microsoft_tax.html
techrights.org/2017/02/27/microsoft-novell-v2-via-azure/
gnu.org/philosophy/microsoft-new-monopoly.en.html
zdnet.com/article/microsoft-bribery-probe-enters-russia-pakistan/
seattletimes.com/business/microsoft/long-antitrust-saga-ends-for-microsoft/
netmarketshare.com/report.aspx?qprid=11&qpaf=&qpcustom=Linux&qpcustomb=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

and where is the btfo? he is saying that doesn't have the "patience" to use it

even the most simple distro, Ubuntu, is impossible to use. the only people who use Linux are basement dwelling virgins. Actually software developers use Windows, the professional OS.

>Ubuntu, is impossible to use.
how braindead you have to be to think like that
>Windows, the professional OS.
sure thing dude, go to shill somewhere else, do you even try?

LMAO enjoy your broken hobbyist "OS"

LMAO neckbeard OS amirite!! im new too in this website called 4chins

Sup Forums doesn't belong to you anymore old man. It's time to let in the new generation. I was born in 1999.

How much does microsoft pays to post this obvious bullshit everyday? do you think that people don't notice the obvious anti-linux threads? there is a lot of other jobs and you select the most pathetic one, even selling Burgers has more dignity, fuck off

Anybody who thinks cygwin isn't a pain in the ass is a moron who's opinion is irrelevant.

>use linux
>take a few minutes to read relevant documentation
>everything just werkz

illiterates and morons btfo???

you have to go back

I've been using linux for four years now with pretty much no major problems. When a problem does occur, I find the relevant stack overflow page in

This website belongs to Reddit now. 7 unique posters and only 1 of them is saying le go back to le Reddit. Stay mad cuck.

i did that. and the documentation was missing the proper fix. when i asked people for help they told me to install a different distro instead. 4 hours of work and i managed to fix the problem on my own.

>Heh.

This, Windows XP was god tier. Win7 was kinda annoying but I could understand it. Windows 10 you have to fucking find Windows 9 to fix a problem.

(You)

It's too late

you have to go back rajeesh

I have been here for over a year now. Newfags like you only know Sup Forums since Donald won. Hurr durr Reddit. Get a life loser.

Wow, a whole year? You're a certified oldfag, please tell me more about the good old days

shitposter-kun pls go and stay go

It was much better before c*cks like (((you))) started invading the site, that's for sure.

I've been browsing Sup Forums for an embarrassingly long time. Things REALLY started going to shit 5 or so years ago, and most of the cool, knowledgeable Sup Forums guys went elsewhere.

I only come here to shitpost and annoy retarded autists, serious discussions are held on other chans.

>yeah goys go to other websites is not like this is the typical demoralization tactic

you only have to be on Sup Forums for 2-3 months to be an oldfag

>wasn't even here for moot
You will never be an oldfag, newfag.

I've been going to other websites for many years. Neo Sup Forums is a lost cause.

moot was a dumb moderator and it's a good thing that hiro banned him

>moot
who?

A Jew like Hiroshima but more Jewish than the current Jew. He is the reason why this site is so full of anime shit to begin with.

He's the reason the site exists at all

>Heh.

>ubuntu meme
>reffering to kernel as OS

>He is the reason why this site is so full of anime shit
this is too retarded to be real, so micropenis doesn't even train their shitposting pajeets anymore i guess

>windows shill
>redditor

le pottery what a shit thread btw

>>reffering to kernel as OS
Because it is?

Well, technically uh... nah

>WINDOWS 10
>REDDIT
>STABLE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Technically yes. Tell me what criteria of an os is not checked off by Linux alone. But you don't have to listen to me, just refer back to all the times Linus himself refers to it as one.

>I was born in 1999.

Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself

Anyone born in September 11, 1999, or before that, can post on Sup Forums. Sorry, it's the rules loser. Anime neckbeard faggots like yourself are a rotten generation, but thanks for Sup Forums I guess, at least your life wasn't completely useless. Now go die alone.

Hate it to break it for you but most Sup Forums users have always been underage. If I had to guess, I'd say at least 30% of the site's current userbase is underage.

>Always makes me chuckle when people run to Linux because they're having issues with Windows.
uh what? wouldn't that be a valid reason to switch to Linux because you're having issues with Windows?

>these stupid shills think that their demoralizing tactics is working somehow
what a sad life

Well yesterday windows 10 crashed when I unplugged my keyboard. But other than that I have no complaints

(You)

op is obviously a faggot

This does not answer my question. Regardless, the kernel is "useless" by itself because you are meant to run software on top of it obviously. Or are you defining an OS by some arbitrary level of user centric functionality?

>Giving this much of a fuck over what OS people use
>Not realising that everyone has specific needs and specific likes

Christ I love linux, and have started to use it as my daily driver but cmon people. Use your respected OS, and carry on

kill yourself

>middle aged, computer illiterate family friend upgrades laptop from Windows 8 to Windows 10
>calls me for help
>firefox wants to be updated, can't update firefox because no admin privileges, can't add admin privileges because no admin privileges, no other users exist
>I'll help friends with Windows, but my help comes with a "this wouldn't happen if you used Linux" speech
>"Okay well install Linux, then. I've had nothing but trouble with Windows 10."
>Install Debian with XFCE
>user I'm not logged into my websites anymore
>log into lastpass
>no problems for months, laptop performance improved
My anecdotal evidence proves something, right you guys?

I have been using Linux exclusively for three years. Today is the day I reinstalled Windows though. I am working with VHDL for a CPU design class, and getting the FPGA IDE to work in its entirety has been a nightmare. More so than mist problems. I don't have time to get it working because our projects are essentially due bi-weekly. I am kind of sad to be honest, I feel like I ruined my purity.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html
gnu.org/gnu/gnu-users-never-heard-of-gnu.html
gnu.org/gnu/why-gnu-linux.html
gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html

reported for announcing reports

that's illegal

reported for announcing reports of reports :^)

>One year
>Calling others newfags

>>>>/reddit/>>>

Wow, some guy on reddit has an easier time with Windows 10. What do you know.

>literal fucking reddit
fuck this board you're all niggers I'm done with this fucking shit

The truth is, if you switched to Linux to Windows or vice versa because the OS didn't "work" for you, you're a retard and probably couldn't operate a Sega Genesis either

weak b8

*whose
Learn to spell, moron.

So where did you post your fix so the community could benefit?

how? he said it was buggy but never said what bugs he experienced. he probably didn't even report any bugs he found. I hated dealing with Windows, you could tell the code is pajeet tier just by using it, and the way it handles directories (especially system directories) is a fucking disaster. don't even get me started on installing new software and how they practically want you to get malware.

Ubuntu is literally easier to use than Windows. I use it on my desktop because I need something simple and easy to use without having to maintain it. it works flawlessly as a general purpose OS. you've got to he retarded to think otherwise.

>one random person has an opinion and it is over for the entire board
Of course you wouldn't say the same if someone voiced an opinion that was opposite to yours.

>Kali
So he's literally retarded

>Using Kali for a college course
kys desu fampai

>using a specific distro for a college course

Why the fuck do people post screencaps of fucking reddit over here ?
Nobody cares fag

Heh. Maybe you don't care, but I do.
Heh, so what that Windows somehow uses 3.6g of RAM with a minimal setup.
Heh, maybe you'll learn one day that stability can't be beat. Heh.

Hold on I have to wait for Windows to update for 7 minutes before it shuts down. Just hold on.

>Maybe you don't care, but I do.
Then go back.

What's Linux market share on the desktop? You think Microsoft gives a fuck?

>measuring RAM in grams
you have to go back

1%

3.6% and rising
was 2% last year

I'm sure they don't.
linfo.org/microsoft_tax.html
techrights.org/2017/02/27/microsoft-novell-v2-via-azure/
gnu.org/philosophy/microsoft-new-monopoly.en.html
zdnet.com/article/microsoft-bribery-probe-enters-russia-pakistan/
seattletimes.com/business/microsoft/long-antitrust-saga-ends-for-microsoft/

It was 2% last month and jumped to over 3% this month
netmarketshare.com/report.aspx?qprid=11&qpaf=&qpcustom=Linux&qpcustomb=0

Dual booting exists. But hey, something has to pay the bills.

thats true as fuck honestly. i was required to use Linux for some projects not long ago, and amount of bugs that happen suddenly, out of its ass, is amazing. you never know if after booting everythings gonna work or for instance youll have no sound or mouse movement will be fucky. biggest problem for me was terrible screen tearing (mostly on Mint).
i am somewhat satisfied with Manjaro but id never ever use Linux as my home system. id rather relax at home instead of fixing bugs.

Let's be real fucking honest here.

People keep Windows because of Steam and GoG. That's literally fucking it.

No one's falling for it, sorry.

Just use Windows 7 you fucking virgins

Sure most normies use Wandows. But linux has the majority market share of developers, and that's bad for Microsoft. Linux gets more and better open source software support.

>he doesn't know the M$ backdoor can spill to other partitions and different storage devices

top kek, might as well use only windows

>he doesn't know the M$ backdoor can spill to other partitions and different storage devices
Sure thing buddy.

you haven't been reading wikileaks lately? If you fell for the SSD it's even easier for them

>unpopular opinion? you must be a paid shill!
when did Sup Forums fall to the levels of Sup Forums and Sup Forums? this board has become trash.

GET OUT CHILD! REEEEEEEEEEEE!

Unpopular opinion? Do you realize that millions of people use Windows and Windows 10 at that? How is it an unpopular opinion to advocate something so widely adopted? You're not making any sense and I believe you know that. And by the way:

Windows is "widely adopted" in a literal sense.
People use it because it's there already on the computer.
Even normies have an understanding of how poor Windows 8 or Vista is for example though.

its unpopular opinion here you stupid fuck.

Rationality is unpopular on a board infested by Sup Forums. Really takes the ol' noggin for a joggin', huh?

Reddit posts always seem smug and gay. It's like when people think you're shouting when you type in ALL CAPS. There's something fundamentally gay about Reddit.

its their dumb ' etiquette' that makes it all so gay desu

He's a brainlet and you say Sup Forums is BTFO?
Must be a painful existence to be so dumb.

Even Google is calling him a preschooler in my captcha. IT KNOWS.