Just hackintoshed my X220, what should I do to OSX now that its done?

Just hackintoshed my X220, what should I do to OSX now that its done?

Other urls found in this thread:

twily.info/scripts/clock#view
opengroup.org/openbrand/register/apple.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Install IINA

Install gentoo

1. give yourself a pat on the back beacuse cassiopea is a great band
2. use it as a normal computer

Only thing I find is that scrolling is accelerated instead of just scrolling by the same amount per mouse scroll. I didn't like that so I found a program to change it. You need to use a program or terminal fuckery iirc.

This is because scrolling is designed for magic meme mouse and trackpads and not normal mice on MacOS.

I have an actual macbook btw but I output it to external monitor and use a normal mouse.

fiddle with the dock, put it on the side or hide it or whatever

but I like it there at the bottom

Uninstall it.

how does it run? I have a X230 and am slightly interested in doing this

>is it reliable
Never had problems myself. Read up on it.

sorry i only use software developed by cute women

Well with a base model i5 6Gb of RAM and SSD it absolutely soars. Installing on the X220 was a absolute breeze too, the only issue was swapping the wireless card to the DW1510 as it was a bitch to remove the card that was currently installed. Milage varies with the X230 though, I know a friend of mine had trouble with installing it on his X230

shut the h*ll up ben

uwu

>Just hackintoshed my X220, what should I do to OSX now that its done?

I'm looking at doing that via KVM for my Ubuntu desktop and/or laptop.

Apple probably shouldn't be too upset, as it would probably be the first step to me actually buying a Macbook or Mac Mini or such.

Did you have to install an unlocked BIOS

IINA
PixivDeck
Booru-chan

Which music player is that? vox? with what skin?

itunes
all my music is alac

flac support fucking when?
I'm bored using swinsian and I'm too lazy to look up how to convert my flac musics to alac format.

for f in ./*.flac; do ffmpeg -i "$f" -c:a alac -map a "${f%.*}.m4a"; done

Just looked at a couple of laptop guides and it seems no one can get sd cards working?

shut up kisumi

make it cuter

You wipe that dick-riding botnet of an OS and install an OS for real men, like Fedora.

I'd like to Hackintosh my t450s, but macOS doesn't support Intel wireless cards. In the meantime, I tried Hackintoshing my desktop the other day. I think it came out okay. Now I'm trying to figure out how to add Finder's transparency to Waterfox.

So confused looking at this image. I like it yet it's also disgusting. Props for Black Sabbath mostly

>disgusting
why

>macOS
why on your desktop? also why in general
>that fat sweaty bulge
not really disgusting, mostly just 2lewd5me

Are you me OP I did the same thing last weekend.
Sick of wangblows. Need an OS with adobe.

>why on your desktop? also why in general
because it's the best OS? are you suggesting that I use freetard garbage or windows instead?

Not windows, since it's been shit since 8/8.1. But what is the real difference of macOS vs a GNU/Linux distro that makes you choose the former over the latter?

macOS is basically a Linux DE that was made by professionals instead of freetards. I used Linux for years and there's no comparison, I'll never go back.

I used to think that way until I tried it. I'm sick of the bullshit with Windows 8/10 and wanted to try something new. It's actually a lot better than I was expecting. I run Debian as my main OS on my Thinkpads so it was an easy switch over for me.

So you like the actual interface the most? Otherwise it's fairly similar to a Linux? That's understandable I guess

I've been using a lot of different flavors of Ubuntu for a few years now and I have 3 different ThinkPads with different OS on them. I've really been wanting to build a hackintosh. I've heard the Ryzen hackintosh builds have been making progress so I might actually bite the bullet and buy all the parts.

Have you ever used it? Under the super nice GUI it's pure UNIX, you can use it just like any Linux distro if you want, but with the addition of stuff like Adobe support (gimp is freetard garbage).

>betterzip
>little snitch
>viscosity
>transmission
>iterm2
>brew
>gotoshell
>iina
>lillyview
>pixelmator
>textual
>divvy
>sublime text
>parallels

You wont get video acceleration working inside a VM.

I've used it in very short passing but not more than like 5 minutes. It was so foreign to me that I couldn't find out how to do anything. That was before I really started using Linux though. Also I really like GIMP. Once you scrap all of the keyboard shortcuts for the PS ones, it becomes much easier to use.

>macOS is basically a Linux DE that was made by professionals
This is the most tech illiterate and downright retarded thing I've read on Sup Forums today. Remember not to put your hand in the toaster or a fork in the outlet, dumbass.

and here come the retarded Linux shills...

Too bad hackintoshing provides worse battery life on laptops.

I've been wanting to do this on my X220. How easy is it? Did you follow an official guide? Would I need something extra that isn't mentioned in any guides?

Use whatever you want but if you come to a technology board then at least know what you're talking about before spouting off incorrect drivel, you braindead moron.

OS X is a combination of FreeBSD, NeXTSTEP, and MacOS 9, and a few OpenBSD and GNU components. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Linux kernel and the desktop environment isn't the OS. OS X uses Aqua which is based on the environment from NeXTSTEP which today there is an open implementation of called GNUSTEP. OS X is also absolutely not Unix. Even though it's certified Posix compliant poll() is broken since Mavericks and the fucking kernel is called XNU, which is short for X is Not Unix. Please kill yourself now.

Linux is an OS, take your Stallman autism elsewhere.

Installed MacOS on a spare SSD because of this image.

Nightly is comfy as hell desu.

Would've been perfect without the dick.

Nice collection, thanks.

I really like the look and feel of MacOS but some stuff drives me crazy.
>Mouse&Mousewheel acceleration
>Some crossplatform software simply sucks on Mac
>Can't use my favourite video player :/
Will give IINA a try.

No nigger, the name of the OS is the name of the distribution. Debian for example is an operating system. Fedora, Ubuntu, and Arch are operating systems. Linux is a single program that doesn't include the entire userland and other stuff. Eat shit and die.

>hurr NT is my operating system
>hurr XNU is my operating system

The definition is incorrect. Retards like you have called it the wrong thing for so long that this is the result.

Linux is a generalization. There's Windows 7, Windows 98, Windows 10; and they all can be labeled Windows. Same way Linux is the generalized OS name for the likes of Debian, Gentoo and others.

>Sup Forums frogposter is retarded
nothing new here

That's a puffy pussy.

no that's her p*nis

Again, calling it all "Linux" is fucking retarded because all of them are completely different projects. Oversimplifying these things just makes you look dumb. It's like owning Nike and Adidas shoes and calling them all Nikes, or like how Southern trash calls all soda Coke.

Buttmad? Just yell something about Sup Forums and make a towerpost!

>all of them are completely different projects
>all the exact same except for DE and maybe package manager

He spergs out in next posts, but

>macOS is basically a Linux DE that was made by professionals

That's definitely a dumb thing to say and his response is appropriate. OSX has no relation to Linux in UI department. The kernel is different, the X server is not a linux thing (do they even use X still?), their whole UI layer is written in the language alien to Linux world.

>Oversimplifying these things just makes you look dumb
In your eyes, maybe, not in eyes of any sane being. Generalizations are very important.

Have you used Linux? Then you'll feel right at home with macOS once you get used to the DE. That's not a stupid comparison at all.

That's just her clitoris.

>Mouse&Mousewheel acceleration
Try USB overdrive or SteerMouse, they let you disable it.

>Then you'll feel right at home
Feeling right at home has no relation to the statement you made. I am comfortable with both Linux and Windows. I feel at home with both. Would that mean, according to you, that Windows DE is also a Linux DE done differently?

No, because under the UI Windows is nothing at all like Linux.
macOS, however, is just like it.

>>all the exact same except for DE and maybe package manager
Not even close to being correct.

>Generalizations are very important.
>t. inarticulate retard who is unable to expend any extra brain power to remember the specific name of software and must rely on blanket statements and terms to communicate effectively with other tards

Depends on what you do with it. Have fun installing a third party package manager, downloading huge 2-3GB updates from an app store, and then using the third party package manager to update to a newer version of Bash because Apple is afraid of the GPL v3.

>macOS, however, is just like it
This is further proof that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

you forgot your frog to make sure no one takes you seriously

They both are unix. Their similarity is from implementing unix. This has no effect on DE, which you literally admitted to being drasticvally doifferent from what people are used to in linux ( once you get used to the DE). The DE feels different and is written using different technologies. There are no parallels with linux in DE.

Making a lot of false assumptions there.

I will try them thanks. It's a bit sad you have to rely on 3rd party software though.

Oh, my apologies. Here, have three of them to make up for your lack of an actual argument and no friends.

>Making a lot of false assumptions there.
Such as?

>They both are unix. Their similarity is from implementing unix.
Nice buzzword, see

You're assuming I can't remember specific names which is just silly, or that the only reason someone would want generalizations is because he can't remember specific names, which, now that I think of it, is magnitudes more silly.

oh ok

Additionally, OSX does implement unix functionality, which clearly makes it a unix. OSX is certified to be POSIX. How deluded do you have to believe it's not?

Would you call React OS Windows? Why not? It's super similar and binary compatible with early versions of Windows. It's because it's a different project, no matter now similar it may be. Your entire argument for incorrect terminology is dumb. You are dumb.

When it's properly compatible with Windows, yes, I might. A software developer would specify that his program runs on Windows, and it does run on ReactOS natively, so there.

>a unix
>certified to be POSIX
It's not Unix. It's not Posix either. Posix is a standard which it has certification for but fails to meet the standard.

>How deluded do you have to believe it's not?
poll() is broken because Apple engineers are idiots.

>properly compatible with Windows, yes, I might
Then you're just an idiot. The fact that your dick may fit into a hole in the wall doesn't make the hole a vagina.

it's literally certified UNIX, something that even Linux isn't

This is just gay...

What is that clock called?

>cute girls
>gay
yeah ok
twily.info/scripts/clock#view

I'm all for cute girls but please remove that huge clitoris. Thx.

That's because certification is expensive and doesn't have any impact on how the code works. Certification means nothing anyways when the standard is incorrectly implemented, therefore making OS X non-compliant with Posix. Go ahead and try to use poll() on an OS X program and watch as it breaks because of Apple's ineptitude.

>mfw I asked one question about macOS and it derailed an entire thread

Just because an implementation of posix is glitch does not make it not an implementation of posix. The certification is official. There can't really be a discussion about this.

>Then you're just an idiot. The fact that your dick may fit into a hole in the wall doesn't make the hole a vagina.
I don't think you really thought your argument through if a silly analogy is the best thing you have to offer at this point.

>It's not UNIX
Uhh, the Open Group would disagree with you.

opengroup.org/openbrand/register/apple.htm

>twily.info/scripts/clock#view
Thank you!

To say that certification means nothing is to demonstrate how horribly detached from real world you are.

>macOS isn't UNIX
shown certification that shows that it is
>uhhh that doesn't count because I said so
dumb frogposter

Think more carefully before you post something next time.

>Just because an implementation of posix is glitch does not make it not an implementation of posix.
It makes it non-compliant with the Posix standard.

>The certification is official.
Certify it as being able to give me handjob while it makes me coffee. If it makes me tea instead or doesn't give me a handy then the certification is meaningless.

>There can't really be a discussion about this.
Is there a law against it? You gonna call the internet police on me?

>uses the XNU kenrel
>X is Not Unix
Again, I don't care what some fag's opinion is. The closest you'll get to Unix is FreeBSD.

Certification is there to CERTIFY that it does something. When it doesn't do what it's certified to do, the certification is as good as piece of paper that you can wave around. There's nothing to back it and so it loses value. But I'm detached from reality?

>He doesn't like girls with huge clitoris.
Here >>>/lgtb/

I fuck it up

>I have no arguments but I must shill

/thread

>I have autism and I must post retarded frogs

Yes, you are detached from reality. The paper has value no matter what happens, until another paper is released that invalidates the first one. Until Open Group says the certification is invalid, it is valid. You may choose to not care about what Open Group says, but then you shouldn't be talking about POSIX.

God I love girls with big clitoris and external ovaries!

>triggered by cartoon frogs
This is why I post them. Enjoy them.

>The paper has value no matter what happens
I mean sure, maybe you could wipe your ass with it.

The certification isn't there to be there. It's there to prove that the Posix standard is implemented properly and fully, which on OS X it isn't. Certify my ass, faggot. It doesn't mean shit because poll() is part of Posix and it's broken. OS X is not Posix compliant. The fact that Apple would go through all that trouble to get certified and then fuck it up just makes them look worse than not being certified or Posix compliant at all. Don't promise people certain features and then fail to deliver.

It's not up to you to decide whether OSX satisfies POSIX specification or not - it's up to Open Group; and Open Group already made a decision. You are not in position to invalidate their decision.

>It's not up to you to decide whether OSX satisfies POSIX specification or not
You're right. It's up to Apple to meet Posix standards.

>You are not in position to invalidate their decision.
I don't have to be. Apple invalidated it themselves by not implementing Posix properly. I'm simply making an observation of their utter ineptitude.

Nice attempt at being condescending and trying to indicate my lack of control over things but this tactic doesn't work. I can make observations and post about it all night here if I want to and you'll continually be BTFO.

Apple have not invalidated anything. The certificate is still valid. Your observations do not affect the process of certification.

Their implementation of Posix is invalid because it doesn't meet the standards outlined in the certification, Pajeet. This is first grade logic.

The owner of the standard has provided a legal document that OSX does satisfy the standard. Your opinion on the matter means nothing compared to that.

>opinion
It's not my opinion that poll() is broken. poll() is actually broken. And since poll() is a part of that standard in said documentation, that makes OS X non-compliant with the Posix standard.