Why was pederastry so prevalent...

Why was pederastry so prevalent? Why they always fucked little boys and never girls and why even bother with kids at all? The most famous pedofags are Greeks but Japanese and even Norse (no wonder bridge to Valhalla is a rainbow...) dicked shotas as well. Were pre-19th century people truly subhuman apes?

>Were pre-19th century people truly subhuman apes?
hm, but there was the most advanced peoples who were pedo.

>Why they always fucked little boys and never girls

Used goods

>and why even bother with kids at all?

Easier to get to. Women were bartered off by their families in marriage, only males were available for a fling

Because girls were property of their fathers. If you damaged the goods, you either had to pay off her dad or buy her yourself.
The ancients plugged boys because it was a lot less hassle.

This was/is prevalent in the ancient Greek and modern Muslim world. Both of which were cultures that glorify all things male, with women being cast aside or even reviled.
That probably has something to do with why they chose to fuck boys and not girls, because everyone believes male >>>> female in every aspect.

European cultures like the French admired femininity and the beauty of the female form, so this didn't develop with them.

The feminine form was well admired back in Egypt.

The Egyptians were also notable for being one of the rare ancient civilizations that didn't practice infanticide. Many cultures considered girls worthless and would abandon then.

Girls get preggers and resources were limited.

Easy - women were just baby factories and they were expected to be virgins at the wedding altar.

Infanticide must be a factor - many premodern civilizations had a surplus of men and so there weren't enough women to go around and besides, you couldn't fuck them outside of marriage.

tes t

It's because the girls complain a lot while the boys take it and smile. Plus you can't get a boy pregnant and they probably feel just as good when they are young.

>That probably has something to do with why they chose to fuck boys and not girls, because everyone believes male >>>> female in every aspect.

This. IIRC one book gushing over how tolerant pre-Meiji Japan was towards homosexuality - of course what wasn't mentioned was that the most ardent "manlovers" viewed women as little more than walking wombs

Latin countries in general romanticize the female gender and of course they're quite strongly homophobic.

Apart from having that vagina feel what can women do that men can't do better?

It's natural to want to fuck something small, feminine, and submissive even if you're gay which is where the whole twink thing comes from.

>It's natural to want to fuck something small, feminine, and submissive even if you're gay which is where the whole twink thing comes from.

Amen to that brother

I am gay and I can tell you the whole twink thing is bullshit. The perfect, shy, qt, submissive twink only exists in lonely gay men's fantasies while if you'd met the typical IRL twink, you want to punch them in the face.

Because women were under protection of the families before marriage. But feminine boys weren't and they don't have virginity to lose.

Agreed, though I doubt its a gay thing. I'm straight and even I find twinks attractive. It's just human nature.

>modern Muslim world
The same world where you get stoned for sodomy?

TBF, the whole boy lover thing is mostly prevalent in Turkic/Afghan/Paki culture, not Arab culture.

you posted this same question on /his/

is there a specific response you want user

Easy--young girls could be badly injured by being fucked by an adult man and become infertile. Flexing out a shota's B-hole does not make him unable to reproduce.

Why didn't they just fuck little girl butts then?

>I know nothing about Maghreb
Actually no, homosexuality has always been widespread there before 70s-80s when political Islam arised.

Like what everyone else said in the thread, it's because men are valued more, girls can't be used goods, etc. Sometimes it was part of becoming a man.
Most kids are androgynous anyways.

>Most kids are androgynous anyways

No sorry, Tumblr, genderfluidity is a myth.

Lmao they poop with that dude wtf

Don't know about the others but in Ancient Greece, where men were in many city states segregated from women in daily life, and women are viewed as inferior and vulgar, then it's only natural homosexuality was ensued.

In Athens the best kind of romantic relationship was seen as one between a boy on the cusp of adolescence and a grown man (no rape element there).

Much the same thing was at work in Japan and China: it was tied mostly to Buddhist monasticism and the fact that women were valuable property that you couldn't even look at without the owner's permission. In Europe, monasteries and boarding schools saw the most buggery going on.

For the same reason bachi bazi is so popular in Afghanistan. People were sexually repressed when it came to women because all women were either a wife or someone's property. Boys on the other hand could be fooled around without pregnancy or proven culpability.

Besides the Greeks had an anal fetish stemming from their use of olive oil as lube. The Corinthian hetaira would always do it up the ass.

What? I mean in appearance dumbass.

The work out culture had a lot to do with it, Sparta being the first/gayest, after working out in the nude with your pals for years anyone will eventually get hard ons for the naked male body.

>I'm straight and even I find twinks attractive
no, you're gay or bi

Norse pedos?

[Citation needed]

Ok...

You know, I think I remember hearing that even grade school aged boys outperform girls athletically.