Geforce GTX 2070 (16 GB)
Geforce GTX 2070 (12 GB)

Other urls found in this thread:

gputechconf.eu/Home.aspx
gputechconf.com/
legitreviews.com/no-volta-gamers-holiday-season_197168
devblogs.nvidia.com/parallelforall/inside-volta/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How many GB of that will not be connected via a telegraph?

2050Ti when?

Should I sell my 1080Ti now?

No. The 2080 won't release this year and it won't be much stronger than a 1080 Ti. Ti > 80 is never worth it. Wait for the next Ti.

GTX 2050 Ti, GTX 1060/GTX 980 level of performance for 75W or less TDP, no PCIe power connector required

MUH

the fuck is anyone going to do with 12GB?

Don't know, maybe someone will need it to run all those 4k textures while running theit games in 4k. Never heard of 8gb's not being enough for that, but hey, I guess we should not underestimate how lazy devs can be with their games.

>$700 saved up for Nvidia Volta GV102 GTX 2080 Ti

MY BODY IS READY

So, what Nvidia will call the cards when they get to the 5xxx?

>tfw you just bought a 1080ti

Damn, I wish Nvidia weren't the only option. Fuck RTG.

citation needed get fucked

Wtf im so confused why is Nvidea going up by 10's now shouldn't the next card be the 1180?

They already said they're not coming until next year because Vega turned out to be a joke

>buying cards just when new release season is around
Every time

gputechconf.eu/Home.aspx

>Join us for the opening keynote on October 10, 2017.

Fanless

It's probably going to be about deep learning memes.

guess there is no need to upgrade my 980 Ti since I only play on a shitty half broken 1080p tv/monitor. I'll only upgrade when 4K will be the usual res for games

Jensen said Volta won't be released until 2018 and Pascal is already "good enough", since they know that they have no competition with AMD's Radeon GPU.

>12 & 16GB cards
My dong can only expand so much

It's confirmed volta will use gddr6, which isn't even ready for production yet

750 ti install gentoo w3m

Why go for low end? Thats just dumb. 2050ti will be 1060 3GB level.

Meanwhile 2060 will be 1070 level.

GeForce FX5000 obviously

you mean
GTX 2080
GTX 2070 12+4GB
GTX 2070 6+6GB

Fucking this, even jacketman himself admitted Volta isn't coming out any time soon.

Not everyone needs a 1060 or a 1070 level card

Multiple video games. Some people run like 2 or 3 mmorpg in the background while playing another game or working.

You should always wait for the Ti but they're still probably not going to give us big Volta for awhile. Was watching a retrospective on Nvidia's release cycle and in their first like 5 generations there would be ~75% boost in performance from top tier cards each year and pricing was pretty stable. The GTX line started off performing terribly but since the 700 series they've intentionally crippled the XX80 cards so they can overprice the Tis and Titans. They're infamous for rebranding cards and reusing old architectures when they know they're on top. Maxwell and Tesla both had basically no competition from AMD. The return of cryptocurrency didn't help AMDs market share, but they seem perfectly happy making mining ASICs instead.

>They're infamous for rebranding cards and reusing old architectures
And AMD doesn't do that?

Nope, those just marketing tactic to make people buy pascal

gputechconf.com/

>GTC 2018
>SILICON VALLEY

>MARCH 26-29, 2018

get a hold of your horses, 1080Ti got released only 6 months ago

>Huang said during an earnings call reports PCGamer, “Volta for gaming, we haven’t announced anything. And all I can say is that our pipeline is filled with some exciting new toys for the gamers, and we have some really exciting new technology to offer them in the pipeline. But for the holiday season for the foreseeable future, I think Pascal is just unbeatable.”

legitreviews.com/no-volta-gamers-holiday-season_197168

Stop being retarded

Yes, Pajeet, Nvidia doesn't have to put anything new out because AMD's brand new NEXT GEN cards are still competing with Nvidia's 18 month old offerings

>tfw GT 2030 for 70$ and 30 TDP with GTX 1050 ti performance

Feels good.

>2010, December, 17th
What did he mean by this?

shouldn't it be 1180 and 1170? i feel dumb

oh yeah because surely they can put a consumer volta out given how fucked up their v tdp is LOL

Best to go with new lineup and start fresh with 2000 series instead of 1XXX series

>all these poor souls thinking that the pascal -> volta jump is going to be as good as the maxwell -> pascal one was

Are you literally retarded?

Wait, it's been confirmed that this serie will be calle GTX 20xx?

Shut your whore mouth you filthy Indian animal. I love how you fucking subhuman brownniggers were always advocating for muh 8 gigs of VRAM when it was only AMD's selling point but now when they're behind even in this you're backtracking saying it doesn't matter. Kill yourself u Pajeet.

OP BTFO!

/thread

you understand that HBCC literally makes VRAM amount a lot less important right?

>mfw just bought

> Multiple video games. Some people run like 2 or 3 mmorpg in the background
Background minimized vidiyas do not consume VRAM.

so you expected them to say volta few month away and tank sale ? they just waiting

>expected to have over 5,000 cuda cores

> implying there's going to be 2080Ti in December
Relax. I bet it will appear a year from now at best.

Volta will destroy execute Vega

Good, cant wait for a working gf simulation.

>tfw volta sounds like "to rape" in a couple of languages
>tfw have to wait another season
I am comfy on my 950 anyway

Not long until we see pascal tear
Dont forgot to buy this new Volta

>20%
>good
lol

>Volta will destroy execute Vega
Pascal already destroyed Vega six months ago

20% isn't bad but the most important thing is 11 GB of VRAM in 1080Ti.

if you measure your fps in watts, sure pascal won
otherwise still a black box, v56 is good right now though

yay, 0.5% of consumers got 11Gb of VRAM now! fire those code monkey we don't need no optimization!

11GB is good if you need it, for me it's wasted space.

Ti price won't change anyway its imaginary have nothing to do with actual production costs
why not have 11Gb?

>MFW JUST BOUGHT A 1080 LAST MONTH
reeeeeeeeeeeeee

It's the perfect time for buying 1080Ti though, prices are stabilized and big Volta is more than a year away.

I could do that no probs years ago with a mid-range GPU.

Because I don't need it?
Unused RAM is wasted RAM. I'm using 3GB vRAM GPU at this point, and It's plenty enough for me.

Wrong, GTX 1080 Ti was released in March 2017

It will be out in March 2018 or at worst June 2018 for Computex

Never buy nvidia 3 months past initial generation AIB release.

reeee

didnt they say it costs like 1,000 to produce a card

I'm putting $700 aside now but I just know that these cards are gonna be like $1,200 and miners are going to make it $1800 easily

I miss the simple times man.

I still got my 770 GTX being optimistic of the new cards to come

devblogs.nvidia.com/parallelforall/inside-volta/

>The new Volta SM is 50% more energy efficient than the previous generation Pascal design, enabling major boosts in FP32 and FP64 performance in the same power envelope.

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

for Deep Learning

>v56 is good right now though
The point is that it was supposed to be compete with Volta and be "next gen", when in reality, it's competing with 18 month old cards and the 64 still gets BTFO by a 1080TI.

Too little, too late

I really wanted AMD to win, but Nvidia destroyed AMD with Pascal, the performance/wattage is just too good, Vega can't compete.

If Volta is a nice jump in performance, it's all over. Ryzen won, Vega lost.

i have a 770 too

idk when to upgrade

source?

Actually Vega 56 is quite fine on power efficiency and performance wise compared to 1070.

The problem is Vega 64 and its ability to compete with 1080 and 1080ti.

Its pure garbage. Overall the whole Vega is poisoned due to this shitshow.

Deep learning

>it will not be the 20xx you fucking faggot it will be the 11xx people whothink this piss me the fuck off wotse than those who call characters/avatars toons if its the 20xx im not fucking buying it

he literally has no source, shut up

CUDA

Vega 56 is the only good one, too bad it was 1 year late and still no availability.

no
THIS IS A REASON TO FREAK THE FUCK OUT IF THEY CALL IT THE 20XX MY NAMING CONVENTION IS FUCKED AND I WILL HAVE TO CALK MY NEXT BUILD THE TARDISt400 OR SOME SUCH SHIT FUCK THAT I WILL NOT CHANGE BECAUSE A COMPANY CHOOSES TO BE RETARDED ITS NOT MY FUCKING FAULT

calm down with the autism

Just saying, don't be surprised if a 2070 is still Pascal and the 2080 is a cut down card.

so im just suplsoed to LET this company bully me into change? im just suppsowd to lay back and let them ASSRAPE me? alll i want is my 1180ti is that SO MUCH to fucking ask?

AMD high-end = last year's mid-range.

No it really is a shit improvement in performance when you look at the early 2000s doubling performance each year.

Vega 56 is only remotely efficient because of HBM2. At stock it still thermal and power throttles. AIBs can probably make something half decent with it though. Still with the price hikes and limited supplies, it's not beating 1080s.

Might as well. They can go eat a smothered bean and chicharron burrito with some tamales at Santiago's and shit out cards better than Vega

this

I'm only interested in $100 budget cards and I want the 2050 to be rivaling 1060's

god dammit they will not be 20xx fuck off i shouldnt have to change

ok op i'm still waiting on sauce but i just picked up two shares of NVDA

>trading stocks

No, actually it's ass because GTX 2080 will be faster and cheaper, probably more power efficient too and it's likely to pop up around early 2018.

*GTX 1180

We really have no idea one way or another, both naming schemes are equally made up and unofficial.