ITT: Companies who have provided very little advancement in technology and deserve to go bankrupt

ITT: Companies who have provided very little advancement in technology and deserve to go bankrupt.

>Made the first 64 bit consumer CPUs
(You)

>$200 6 core beats $350 6 core

You first, OP.

Apple

How are they not bankrupt?

x64 royalties

>everything ranging from unified shader model to x86-64
It's Intel that needs to die already. They did nothing of value after Pentium Pro.

Troll Thread 1/10 for making me reply

yeah smart phones don't mean shit, right? who cares that apple is the sole inventor. smart phones ain't shit

But Apple didn't invent Nokia 9000 Communicator.

t. pajeet

Windows CE, BlackBerry and the Palm Treo series phones all predated the iPhone, but they were all painful to use in their own special way. They were all starting from the assumption of: "I have a phone, let’s add computer-like capability to it." Constraints like size and long standby battery life hobbled both screen size and CPU power.

Apple hit the problem from the other end with iPhone. It was a computer that happened also to be a phone. It was a clean-slate design, 100% touch screen, no keypad or keyboard, battery life be damned. PURE HERESY to the existing industry.

>it was a computer
It was a dumbphone with S40-tier OS. The capacitive touchscreen meme and hilariously aggressive marketing carried it. And no, S60 devices were not painful to use.

Bull fucking shit.
I had a smartphone in high school before the iphone.
Loved the shitposting with buttons, playing Orions in class ans come cool tower defence games, HOMM 3 and browsers wit Flash support capable of watching xhamster videos.

The only shortcomings were resistive single touch screen and crappy interface.

Apple popularized capacitive touchscreens and convunced the public to ditch the buttons(wrongly) they didnt invent shit.

>And no, S60 devices were not painful to use.
Why had symbian not evolved further into an Android competitor.

> maximum bait

What a shitty bait.
got your (You) now KYS

it's not bait if it makes you that mad. it's truth.

> it's not bait if it makes you that mad
Some are mad because of 'ur mom' jokes, it does not mean they ought to be true.

>The only company capable of biting at Intels heels, preventing them from keeping us at 1% performance increases every two years
>Should go bankrupt and provide very little for technology

wtf I hate amd now

>implying people cant be mad at others stupidity.
>implying rage of an opposing oppinion is indication of 'winning'

iOS is still less a computer than dumbphones from 2007. SE phones had file system access in apps, true multitasking, setting apps as home screen, could play sounds from two apps simultaneously, and many more things. And these were DUMB phones, Symbian was even more capable.