It's a gamer-pretends-to-be-a-mechanical-engineer-to-justify-his-Windows-installation episode

>it's a gamer-pretends-to-be-a-mechanical-engineer-to-justify-his-Windows-installation episode

Fuck off.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS

>Its a gamer-complains-about-linux-because-he-couldnt-fix-a-simple-issue episode

>Android user claims not to be too poor to afford an iPhone episode

>The most valuable goyim tries to justify his extragavant spending by belittling conscious consumers

>It's a NEET-pretends-that-only-gamers-use-Windows-to-justify-that-Linux-has-no-productivity-software-worth-using-unless-you're-in-IT episode

IKR
Every time

how does one pretend to be an engineer?
dumb frogposter

>Pretending to be a Mechanical Engineer
Mech Engineering requires a good CAD software like Auto Cad & Solid Works.
Of course you can use Wine but the performance sucks. And the autistic GNU community will keep complaining to you demanding to remove Wine to be 100% FOSS.
Windows isn't only for GAYming.

>productivity software

Name one (1)(I)

>Protip
No one in Sup Forums is a mechanical engineer

Name one(1) on Linux
>inb4 open/libreoffice
Holy fuck that sucks, even Apples iWork tops that

Did you know conscious consumer really translates to poor goyim?

The more you know!

I'm waiting

>inb4 an counter example
lul that sucks coz that invalidates my claim

Your precious iPhones can't do this

>it's a "journalist pretends to be a gamer" episode
it's a "pretentious english teacher pretends to be a car enthusiast" episode

and so forth.

>it's a autistic faggot spends hours configuring linux without any productivity episode

>It's a neck beard pretends he's superior to other people because he uses a different OS to watch Anime Episode

ALSA sounds like shit
GTK looks like shit
Fonts are so retardedly huge like they intentionally made those damn DEs with chinkpad users in mind, and there's no option to scale them down, only up.

Fix those and I'm on board.

>It's a basement dwelling gaymer manchild calling others autists for wasting time while he does the same episode of season finale

if you're bringing work home, you're actually not all that important

On Linux you fix those yourself, it's not like you need any programming knowledge you just look up which configuration files to edit and how. Also audio literally cannot "sound worse" on any OS unless it's doing time stretching or EQ but those processes decrease sound quality anyway.

>it's a linux-user-pretends-that-windows-isn't-superior-for-gaming-and-able-to-be-virtualized episode

The font scale can not be decreased below its default value of 1, already tried different methods, configurators etc.

And I don't pretend to know what's exactly going on with ALSA, I just know that my music sounds worse on Linux.

As for fixing abhorrent GUI not needing any programming... I doubt it.

K then don't use Linux it's not for plebs and stop listening to the frogposters who shill for Linux gaming

>it's a linux weeb-pretends-to-be-a-system-developer-to-justify-his-animeOS-installation episode

>it's not for plebs
Loonix programmers are plebs. Their programs lack both functionality and taste.

You probably don't even know programming. Do you have any idea how shitty windows programmers are?

>AutoCAD
>good CAD
It is widely used because it came first and it is the cheapest, not because it is good.

No, you're retarded. Windows has the best IDEs. Oh wait, you're a pretentious faggot who only uses text editors and throws productivity out the window.

>has the best IDEs.
The IDE monopoly is long gone, my no-dev friend

To clarify, Language Servers are what the IDEs have been offering for a long time, newer languages have their own language server built right into their compilers.

Clang started this, now GCC is doing it soon. A language server protocol is the standard (just like JSON) protocol by which language compilers and text editors communicate.

For example, with Rust, and its language server called RLS, any feature that's implemented in one particular editor/IDE can be ported automatically to other editors/IDE. So you get the same features if your editor supports the language server protocol.

What other languages do this?
>C/C++ with clang
>Go with go tools
>D with serve-d
>Rust with RLS
etc etc (see the list)

Microsoft realized that their IDE monopoly game is over and for this they ported VSCode (with intellisense) to Linux. Too bad clang ruined their business(along with Jetbrain's) like that.

I personally thank the Rust team to be the first big language to really start the language server trend. C/C++ haven't been able to do this because they don't have standard build system :)

[hopefully C++ will get modules in C++20 btw]

>The most popular software in its category is shit. SHIT
I swear this is a fucking hivemind on Sup Forums

Also, clang team itself is porting their clang language server, so expect something good from them.

Gone are the days where IDEs need to implement their own redundant AST analysing tools. Language servers are the true future and it already is taking over.

>it's a gamer who uses linux episode

Not shit, but obviously the user I was replying to has no idea what he is talking about and instead just searched 'top windows cad' on jewgle..

The only justification you need to use Windows is "I play videogames.".

It's as simple as that.

Not him but thanks for that information, user.

Solidworks is much better

I hope I cleared up your misconception?
Glad it helped.

I know it is, that's what I use as well. But from that to claiming Autocad is not good is a long way still

>even Apples iWork tops that
You are an idiot.

Having more tools than you'll ever need in an environment that takes 5mins to load up completely, definitely doesnt boost productivity. A code editor with exactly the tools you need, exactly the shortcuts you need hwere you want them, no options hidden inside a dropdown menu inside a dropdown menu inside a dropdown menu.