Is the pixel density in 27'' 1080p monitors really that bad? I'm kinda itching for one as my 24'' is a bit old already

is the pixel density in 27'' 1080p monitors really that bad? I'm kinda itching for one as my 24'' is a bit old already.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009642
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009769
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.

That's terrible. 1080p should never be stretched out past 20".

The specific model makes some difference, as well as the end-user application. But, generally, a 27" is too much for 1080. I've used a number of different monitors and, for me personally, I consider 25" to be the optimum upper limit for 1080. By preference, I have several 1920 x1200 24" monitors and consider those superior.

I also have worked on several 27" 2560 x 1440 models. I like them a lot, but 27" seems slightly too dense. Have also worked on a couple 30" and 32" 2560 x 1440 and would go with one of those at that resolution rather than 27".

No meme that what you use the monitor for makes a difference. If you need a fast response high refresh rate gaming monitor, 27" @ 1080 will probably be just fine for most people. You'll never have time to really see the pixels and a 120 or 144 Hz refresh will be more important.

If you're doing professional graphics & hi res movie editing and have a designer's eye for meticulous detail, you probably won't be happy and should invest in a 2K 30"/32" or a 4K 34"/36".

I wish there was an affordable 32" 2560 x 1600 in 10-bit color; that would be my personal ideal sweet spot right now. I rarely play games, and they tend to be things like Total War & Civ rather than FPS. More important to me to have perfect colors for graphics & photos.

Quality post. thanks

not op btw

27" - get 1440p
32" and more - get 4k
1080p is buried, literally aphone screen resolution.

get a 4k or keep using your 24"

it's amazing how shitty windows still is that you guys still can't recommend high pixel density displays.

my 55" Vizio disagrees with you.

>affordable 32" 2560 x 1600 in 10-bit color
I love LOVE my 32" 4k AMVA 10bit AOC with pretty damn good color gamut, 3000:1 contrast and 1% black level deviations.
You literally cant tell if its off or displaying a black picture in a lit room.

New generation of AMVA displays will support HDR (quantum dot meme) i really suggest you get yourself one because the monitor is one single component that affects your experience the most no matter what you're doing with your pc.

I've been using IPS 27" 1080p for 4 years, it's fine, I don't sit really close to it or anything. Waiting for OLED monitors to upgrade to.

Scaling is fine.
Pixel density above 150ppi is redundant for a computer monitor if you're looking from your arm's lenght you cant see any better.

I just switched from a 1440p 6" smartphone to a 1080p one and there's literally no observable difference.

I bet one cant see difference between 32" 4k and 8k from one meter distance.

>Waiting for OLED monitors to upgrade to.
Go for quantum dot.
Oled will never get cheap, i mean NEVER.

lol okay

It's probably useful if your vision is total shit like nearly legally blind levels

Pretty much this.

It's totally fine, using a dell SE2717H atm and it's gorgeous. Sure 1440p would be the most optimal setup but 1080p on 27 inch is pretty damn good.

I've heard hdr / high gamut monitor tend to display non hdr content colors poorly due to mapping or something. Any problems on your end?

I have 27 inch 1080p monitor and its terrible.

Nigger if you're not a gaymer just buy a 4k monitor

daily reminder that literally anything above 2k is paying for pixels you will never see

I unironically have plugged into my PC a 1080p 40" TV and I don't give a fuck

24" is max for 1080p
27" is max for 1440p
32" is max for 4k

what about ultrawide, is it just a meme? some people say it's good but I'm worried about dem frames going down in games due higher GPU usage to render the extra pixels.

The price of good 1440p monitors should drop soon wait it out. I'm still perfectly happy with my 24" 1080p@144Hz6bitFRC8bit.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009642

Here's it's big brother:
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009769

Though if you're not playing FPS just get a 4K10bit monitor on sale or used for like $300.

Do you sit within arms' length of your TV when you watch it?

>The price of good 1440p monitors should drop soon
Why?

HDR and 4K will take over the market and all the surplus 1440p will drop in price. Just like when the 3D gaming monitors started going for cheap which gave us all those 144 Hz TN panels for like $150.

>27" - get 1440p
that's what I have, it's perfect
takes time from 1080p to get used to tho, it's a lot of info

Not him, I'm on 768 and 900p, largest screen is 19".

would it take too long or would I at all get used to 27" 1440p?

we're not getting 1440p 144hz panels for anywhere near 150usd. Not even 300usd.

anything less than 4k is unusable at sizes over 10"

>HDR and 4K will take over the market
Ive been hearing that for ages. Why now all of a sudden?

I have a 2560x1440 5.5" screen in my phone, and a 34" 2560x1080 ultrawide monitor. I seriously don't understand this pixel density autism. It's not "worse" to look at my monitor and I don't find my phone picture "prettier".

you're part of the problem

Because consoles are bringing it to the mainstream.

I really think you should see an optician, you have problems

I can read the last row, and I don't get nausea with VR like everyone with bad eyesight does.

Personally I think things like contrast, screen uniformity, glow (lack of), and so on are more important to pq. Contrast in particular gets my goat, I can barely stomach IPS because of it.

havent noticed a difference desu. Main issue is games supporting the ultra-THICCCCC resolution but so far unless its some ancient game everything i've tried on mine has been fine.

my rx 480 handles 1080p ultrawide just fine user.

>really that bad? I'm kinda itching for one as my 24'' is a bit old already.
yeah at that size you want 2560x1600 ideally, 2560x1440 if you're a 16:9 cuck

Sure. A 1080 doesn't handle 1080p ultrawide "just fine" if you let Witcher 3 loose on it.

I'm curious about that as well, I use my LG 23MP55 mostly for gaming and been kinda enamored for the ultra wide lately, though my concern is that the 25'' model had the same screen height of a 20'', and it seems like it would be a bit of a downgrade to me.

I have freesync from 40-75hz, the rx 480 is PERFECT for that.

1440 if you are poor*.
Some of us can't spend too much because we like to eat every day and such.

Yes it's fine. I have 4k at 28in and got used to it no problems

I got a Korean 1440p 27" a year ago and I fucking love it. You see so much more on a webpage when placed side by side. Don't know how I ever used 1080p for years previously. And it only cost $180

yes, sweet spot on 27" is 1440p and 1080p on a 22".
Any other looks like shit.

27" for 1440, 20" for 1080, same PPI.

40" for 4k. Unfortunately real estate haters will not defend this

Ultrawide freesync is the best.

uw is a waste, just buy a big 16:9 and run your games in 21:9. Best of both worlds.

34 inches is big enough user. Big 16:9 that'll cost too much.

a big 4k TV to play games in 21:9 are you fucking stupid? enjoy your black bars I guess.

36in 16:9 to get 34in 21:9

32in (regularly available monitor size) would equate to a 30in

>Yfw have a u2515h

I think it looks great.

is that the 25 or 29 model?

how far do you sit from it?

>6ms response

Is it any good for muh fps? I like to play battlefield every now and then. Is 6ms too bad for fps gaymes?

Sounds interesting, got any pics of it?

unless you play it professionally, I hardly think that will matter

Go with the time, 4K isn't expensive anymore, 1440p is the sweet spot for 27". You game, so 4K would require a massive graphics card. Borderlands 2 already works on a 780 Ti in 4K, but modern AAA titles will require a 1080 Ti. If you only play older titles like Borderlands you can go with a 1060 / 70.

No. I play on a 50" TV now, which has a huge latency (I guess something around 20 ms, which is still very good for a TV) and don't have any problems. The only difference I notice is the lack of Gsync.

IPS screens always have a higher latency.

34 inch

Cool. That 25" 1440p monitor looks really sweet. I thought the response time would make a big difference in fps games, but since I only play it occasionally it won't really matter. Going from a TN panel which is only 20" and 900p I'm sure I'll be more than pleased when I get it. I'm about to buy a 1070 too, and again, going from a 5 years old GTX 460 is a huge jump.

>tfw 24" 1440p
Bretty gud desu

If you are not the ultra-competetive CSGO addict it won't matter.

A 1070 works fine for 1440p. 4K is still very expensive. But if you have a 460, you really should upgrade.

I have a 29um68 and I like it a lot but I want a bigger monitor. 34" 1440p ones are too fucking expensive for what they are, so I'm thinking about going for that 34" 1080 144hz freesync curved monitor from LG. Wut you guys think?

i'm using a 27" 1080p monitor at work, they're perfectly fine.

in my opinion, the panel quality is most important, especially if you plan sitting on it for longer periods.

Absolutely not. I really dislike cs:go and overwatch, pubg, and whatever the youtuber star favourite game currently is, and really don't get the hype over those games. But I do enjoy some good time with my buddies in battlefield 4. My OC'd GTX 460 is still doing a good job tbqh, so far I only have had trouble running just cause 3, hellblade, witcher 3 and dishonored 2. But these are awfully optimized games imo. Right now I'm running alien isolation on ultra at steady 60fps, and it also runs bf4 on high at 40+ fps.

Should I? (R$1200 = $375)
Living in third world is suffering and 1440p/4k is too expensive.
No bully pls.

eh, the difference in height isn't as absurd as I was expecting it to be honest, people make such a big fuss about it being too small on forums.

Espera a black friday. Eu comprei esse monitor ano passado na kabum por 899. Fica ligado na kabum quando chegar a black friday. Tá usando qual monitor?

AOC Sniper G2460vq6 (24" 1080p 75hz 1ms TN screen).
A tela TN é uma merda e 1ms é puro meme.
Creio que esperarei. Os preços atuais estão uma droga.

Recomenda o monitor?

Not him, but 2560x1080 is not that good of an improvement over 1920x1080, if you have a good GPU you should get either a 16:9 or 21:9 1440p screen instead

Sou o Se eu fosse você esperava a Black Friday igual o outro anão falou. Vou fazer o mesmo e pegar esse . Also, ultra wide também é meme.

Recomendo. Pra filmes e jogos é excelente. Eu saí de um monitor de 24" 1080p da dell, S2440L, painel VA com cores e pretos absurdos de lindos e gostei desse. Como voc~e tá saindo de um TN, acho que vai ser um excelente upgrade em todos os quesitos. Ele é um pouco mais baixo que o seu (mesma altura de um de 23"), mas mais largo. O que recomendo fazer é usar a sua taskbar na vertical e/ou com autohide. Como o monitor é mais largo, se você a deixar embaixo vai gastar uma quantidade enorme de pixels com literalmente nada. Eu o uso sempre assim como na screenshot.

It's more about the form factor rather than the resolution. Movies have no black bars in them and in games you see more. For entertainment purposes, it's that much more immersive. Plus you can get this monitor for extremely cheap here, whereas a 1440p 16:9 would cost upwards of 3 times as much.

I never understood why low pixel density is such a big deal for people. My 1366x768 15" laptop looks just fine. Not bait btw.

nice backlight bleed

What about 1080p with DSR?

well, fair enough if that's why you want it

kabum tem umas promoções boas na black friday, eu ficaria de olho se fosse você

so it's just supersampling that you can get in any 1080p screen, but you have to pay a plus for it so you don't have to set it up?

Obrigado, vou esperar a BF.
Anão é irmão.

Why would someone do this? DSR is a feature ment for upgraders and old games. You always choose native resolution over downsampling.

>is the pixel density in 27'' 1080p monitors really that bad?
Nope, I use a 27" 1080p PLS monitor, it's the perfect size for movies and everyday usage

Are there any good 4k HDR monitors yet? Would a TV suffice?

1440p on a 25" screen is great. Perfect match between usability and processing requirement

>25''
but that's UW, isn't it

no, 16:9, see

I have a 23" Dell 1080p monitor. I can't see pixels unless I'm inches away from it. Personally, I think 22" should be the limit for 1080p monitors.

Way too much money for more pixels. 4K monitors are cheaper.

its dependt on how close your eyes are to the monitor
but compared with 24 is 12% less density

Even sitting 3 feet away from my 27" 1080p monitor I still see pixels. I mainly got it for watching movies and TV but the pixels are pretty annoying and I think it's messed up my vision

I have an S8+ plus and a Dell S716DG and I'd rather browse the web on my phone lmao. The S8 just looks better

S2716***

Why do you want a new one, your old one is working, don't turn into a consumer whore.

Had a yamakasi catleap (1440p) for over five years, but i retired it and got a U3417w.

I was initially hesitant because of the price and the curve. But I don't game anymore and I just wanted a large screen space with lots of connections so I can dock my laptop when I'm home.

I love it.

>don't turn into a consumer whore.
are you even aware of what board you are posting on right now

Don't be a nigger OP.

>meme dot
samsung's VA shit is only good if you jerk yourself off over blacks and contrast. The blur, ghosting, smearing, and overshoot on these monitors is disgusting.