I went back to the stock rom and it now asks me to verify my device even thought it was never locked or encrypted...

I went back to the stock rom and it now asks me to verify my device even thought it was never locked or encrypted. What to do Sup Forums?

give it back jamal

How about you enter your account information and continue using your phone?

Shhhh let him learn by himself

Give it back, Pedro.

I don't remember what email I've used

Give it back Tyrone

>Need help finding your account?

Give it back Robert

Give it back Tyrese

> it was never locked
It was. This is the Google equivalent of iCloud lock.

How exactly does it work? Shouldn't factory reset also get rid of the lock?

No, this is anti theft protection. So when someone steals and resets your phone they won't be able to use it without logging in

no tyrone, you have to use the "reset this phone" under the damn storage option in the settings.

I had to fucking open one J5 with this cancer after i did a factory reset in the bootloader. I understand why they use it but its still fucking annoying.

Tyrone this is Android, you just need to flash it.

Phones get stolen for parts now anyway. You can steal 6 phones on a motorized bicycle in about 30 minutes, then go and sell each one for parts at $50.

It's android though. If he can follow instructions he could just flash it. Android Security doesn't exist.

it's called FRP, there are ways to get around it but they're different for different handsets

try google

Flashing doesn't work if you try to change the stock rom version, not sure if other roms have this cancer enabled.

>Flashing doesn't work if you try to change the stock rom version
true

op which handset are we dealing with here?

Even factory reset from the recovery and unlocked bootloader doesn't get rid of it. You can flash custom rom though.

he can actually flash an older build/version of the stock rom and try one of the FRP bypass tools

yes, thats what i did with J5, it was fucking annoying and felt like i was trying to open win 98 without password

yep it's annoying but possible, which I assume would be good news for op

shenanigan

What a fucking moron

Flash ROM via fastboot