/spg/ - Smartphone General - iPhone X Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:

Apple unveils iPhone X with bezel-less AMOLED screen
gsmarena.com/apple_unveils_iphone_x-news-27227.php

Apple’s $999 iPhone X packs an edge-to-edge display and dual cameras
engadget.com/2017/09/12/iphone-x-announcement-release-date/

Here are the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus.
theverge.com/2017/9/12/16287932/apple-iphone-8-plus-photos-video-hands-on

The iPhone X feels like ‘the future of the smartphone’
theverge.com/2017/9/12/16291244/new-iphone-x-photos-video-hands-on

Apple iPhone X hands-on
engadget.com/2017/09/12/apple-iphone-x-hands-on/

-------------------------------------------------
Samsung hopes to launch foldable phone in 2018
gsmarena.com/samsung_hopes_launch_foldable_phone_2018-news-27220.php

Deal: Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact for £400 (it's normally £500)
gsmarena.com/deal_sony_xperia_xz1_compact_for_gbp_400-news-27204.php

BlackBerry confirms Priv will not get Android Nougat
crackberry.com/blackberry-confirms-priv-will-not-get-android-nougat#J8It4RAM2hB7UvFz.97

old

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/HuaweiMobile/status/907686890631032833
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

does the iphone x have usb c?

>receive redmi note 4
>doesn't read my SIM card
CHINKED

nope

who /iphoneSE/ here? Got it last week and it's comfy.

>iPhone X $400 more expensive in britbong
REEEEEEEEE

THEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

I kind of want to go back to Android, but there are a few features I've gotten used to, like sending texts from my tablet and my (Hackintosh) desktop. Does Android have anything comparable?

Mi mix 2 design > s8 design >>> iPhone X design

Debate

Oh fug :DDDD

g6 design > all

lol snart kommer

You actually want to give Google unrestricted access to your data?

5.8'' 2436 x 1125
5'' of usable 16:9 screen area

Long time Android user here, I'm making the switch to the iPhone 8

I've used phones from Sansung to LG to HTC and sitting on my Nexus 6P since launch has been nothing but absolute headaches and searching forums for how to fix bug X,Y or Z.

I'm sick of these battery draining bugs, lagginess and this phone is running latest and greatest pure stock android (So over-rated). I'm sick of not being part of iMessage group chats, failing MMS messages, having to rely on 3rd party apps because the stock clock app or reminder (Keep) are just hideous. No continuity with my Macbook Pro, No first party accessories, no customer service, no store I can just walk in with a problem (Have you tried dealing with Huawei or Google? What a joke).

I can't wait till the iPhone 8 launches, I left them the same reason you did - I just simply got bored and outgrew it a while ago, I liked tweaking Android devices but now I'm a grown up with a full time job I don't care nor have the time to spend staring at my phone home screen and making it as "miniamlist" as possible. I just had to factory reset my 6P and left everything stock because I'm not bothered anymore. I just want a phone that is reliable, does the job and won't eat away at my battery making the phone obsolete after just one year of ownership.

I can't wait for the iPhone 8 Launch. Good bye Android was nice browsing forums trying to fix solutions for you.

I want to be able to send a text message while comfy in bed with my tablet, without grabbing my phone, and without using a janky service like AirDroid.

>Mi mix 2
Smaller battery from 4400mAh to 3400mAh
Screen to body ratio 4% less (increased bezels)
Smaller screen
Thicker frame
No water resistant or waterproof announcement
Still using the never working proximity sensor
No headphone jack
Camera lens extends out of frame

What a turd. even the Mix 1 is better.

8 different models
EIGHT
I
G
H
T
>Steve spinning so fast in his grave, that it might create another hurricane

I asked you a question

what's the best smartphone camera out there? all I really care about

If it gets me the feature I want, sure, I'll let Google look at my text messages. So can Android do what I want it to?

Just get a camera

what's the cleanest turd in all of india?

S A D

absolutely pissening

just refugee tax, Sven

>I'll let Google look at my text messages
It's not only text messages user, it's unrestricted access to your data.

cannot unsee unibrow

twitter.com/HuaweiMobile/status/907686890631032833

iPhone X>iPhone 8>iPhne 7>Note 8>S8>G6.

Just please answer my question: how much effort do I have to put in to send text messages from my tablet on Android?

same

U11

I feel like the mi mix 2 beats the g6 too
Mix 2 > g6 > s8 >>>>> iPhone x
Talking about design here.
To me if it had a headphone jack it would be far better than the predecessor. I don't mind the smaller battery, the bigger bezel is unnoticeable, better price better size

>Bezelless phone
>Visible giantic bezel

Is Iphone going full Chink-mode with their marketing?

lmao@chinks thinking anyone cares about their shitty knockoffs.

not /SE/ but I had a 5s for a while that I jailbroke, was the best damn phone I had for a while. Was great until I broke it that is. My dog pulled me off my bicycle and I fell with my stomach on the handlebar. I had the phone in the front pocket of my jacket and it got cratered really badly, half the screen went black and completely unresponsive, though I still could unlock it via the fingerprint scanner. Now I'm back to an old htc one x+ from circa 2012 and the thing is damn laggy and the battery life sucks.

Which kroner is this? Norwegian? Swedish?

Note8 and S8/S8+ already beat out the iPhone 7.

Also, you can't guess how good the iphone 8 or iphoneX cameras are since they aren't even out yet.

It should be illegal!

sidesync (samsung phones only), airdroid
>hardware lottery
no thanks

They're essentially identical what does it matter?

how're you gonna unlock your phone when you inevitably break the glass and your front facing camera can't see shit?

börk

nice blog

Femanon here

Hard to see anyone paying $899 for the Galaxy Note S8 when the iPhone 8 is so competitively priced. iPhone X on the other hand is way into luxury territory

Should I get a note 8 or iphone 8/X?

>I just want a phone that is reliable, does the job and won't eat away at my battery making the phone obsolete after just one year of ownership.
>making the phone obsolete after just one year of ownership.
So why are you going with the iPhone then?

mi mix 2

>sidesync (samsung phones only), airdroid
Sidesync looks okay, but unless AirDroid has radically improved in the last year, it's fucking awful and buggy to use.

Ah so Swedish then. At least you have a Swedish paycheck. That phone costs just as much in Poland but we have shittier paychecks than you guys.

>Galaxy Note S8
kill yourself

it's bait

Note8 is pretty amazing, but if you don't use the Spen it's a bit of a waste, and if you do use the Spen, you wouldn't be considering iphone anyway.

> Femanon here
Matt, stop fooling around and put away that wig.

Just copped a Galaxy S8 for £37 p/m with 30gb data, unlimited calls and texts, how badly did I fuck up?

Polish prices...

it's fine

If you have the money, don't mind the ultra botnet and don't care about customisation just go for it. It just werks I guess.

I prefer android for all the reasons I just stated: I like to mess with my device because I have the time to do so and it makes me feel it's mine.

But don't expect too much from IPhone battery life. Also don't expect it to be bug free.

I'm currently on my 1 year old lineage os redmi note 3 pro which takes little to no effort, once set up as I like it and I can't be happier.

You get what you pay for. With a phone that costs 1000 bucks you can expect all the babby support you want. With my 150€ device I had to put in the rest myself. But I own my device and it makes me happier than with a phone that would seem borrowed.

Why would you want to do that in the first place ?

Pushbullet let's you send/ read sms from your laptop

I don't want to reach over to pick up my phone while I'm using a tablet. I don't have Dual Wielding Proficiency (Smart Devices).

>how badly did I fuck up?
pretty hard

Pushbullet?

IWhat arbitrary sum of money does /spg/ think is the absolute maximum one ought not to exceed when buying a smartphone?

holy shit what the fuck. is this the price for all eu states?

$400.

Mightytext or pushbullet as others have said.

you can't, don't switch to lagdroid

Pushbullet looks a lot less shitty than Airdroid. If it works well enough, I might actually ditch my iPhone.

Whatever you make in a month

There is 23% VAT and the seller's margin rolled into that price.

As for the price being EU wide, I have no idea.

$150

Does the iphone 8 still use lcd?

1150€ in France
It does include tax tho

yes IPS

I got an s5 neo for 99 cad, did I do good?

iPhone 8 and 8+ are IPS LCD, iPhone X is OLED

>Femanon here
Now please tell me who you think would care

I shoot between 200-300 I guess, unless it came with cool extras maybe.

More bullshit prices...

polacy jedzo guwno

hello newfag

alright, should I buy the samsung s8 or wait for the pixel 2? not sure if I'll like the s8's rounded screen

Eee tam, chuj mnie to obchodzi. Wole androidy niz ajfony.

that's cheaper than in germany

Germans pay 1150 for the base model

Note8 has squared off edges and less curve on the screen.

Price is a step above though.

Its super reliabile ime, I send the majority of my sms from my laptop now.

Do you have to pull out the antenna too? Fucking ridiculous.

Thanks you my friend!

not into the note's stylus though

iphone X

You guys make 3x as much as Poles though. Not mad, just stating facts.

Also, I am not sure how taxes work, other than VAT being rolled into the price, in Germany so maybe you guys have to pay an additional tax or something?

Wait for the Pixel 2. The Pixel is awesome.

Fair enough, super handy for custom screenshots, signing documents, editing a photo on the go, playing games that can benefit from a mouse-like input with more precision, etc.

It's not everyone's cup of tea though.

>no headphone jack

kek

>Also, you can't guess how good the iphone 8 or iphoneX cameras are since they aren't even out yet.
Let's not kid ourselves, we both know it will be massively better.

Lol considering the iphone 7 was supposed to be massively better than the S7 and it was a marginal upgrade if that, i wont hold my breath.

>No headphone jack on the Pixel 2
Fuck, dropped. This is retarded.