Windows 10

Enterprise or Education?

Also,
MSToolkit, right?

linux

I already did that for a long time. I want to play real games again.

enterprise of course and mstoolkit

Thanks

Look into gpu passthrough. It let's you run a windows vm for full performance gaming but use linux for everything else, and unlike dual booting you don't have to reboot everytime you want to play gaymes.

Education, LTSB, and Enterprise. In that order.
MST, yes. Might as well pick yourself up office in that case.

If it works immediatelly, it's great. If you can't hide your hypervisor from nvidia in VM, you gonna have a bad time.

>Look into gpu passthrough
I did it. It's not just games. I'm just tired of having to fiddle with everything and everything being buggy/broken

It's not too hard to hide the hypervisor from nvidia. Just have your cpu include -hypervisor,kvm=off in qemu.

>recommending to use propriety non-libre software in a free GNU/Linux environment

disgusting, you probably use a non free distro too

What distro did you use? Did you fall for the arch meme? If you want a distro that doesn't constantly break then you probably want something like ubuntu or mint.

I have the education version. Works without any problems desu, currently playing ow with it.

I use Gentoo. I haven't actually bothered changing the license flag to forbid non-free software but I don't have any installed.

>pacman -Syu

wow

You mean edit .xml files? I'm not sure how to edit qemu itself. I use virt-manager.

You can edit it in libvirt pretty easily. Just run sudo virsh edit vmname and remove any sections mentioning hyperv then add

in the features section.

I used them all. Every meme in the book. I used it for 5 years, so it's not like I tried it for a week.

What specific things broke lots? It just seems unlikely that windows would break less than Ubuntu.

NO don't use any software to activate windows.

Open CMD as administrator and write these:
( The key is from Microsoft website, a volume license key this is for ENTERPRISE version )
slmgr /ipk NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43
( custom / pirate KMS server )
slmgr /skms kms.digiboy.ir
( trigger script that attempts to activate windows via KMS )
slmgr /ato

Done your OS is activated.

There are many KMS servers that you could use - the one I've provided still works and I've used it to activate office as well.
I suggest also disabling communicaiton with Microsoft KMS servers via group policies before doing this.
After you install enterprise you open search bar and type gpedit.msc

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Software Protection Platform > Turn off KMS Client Online AVS Validation

Getting a system error in Ubuntu is what you're welcomed with upon reboot, it's tradition.

Over 5 years? Literally everything at some point

I guess recent versions of ubuntu are pretty shit. It's been a while since I've actually used ubuntu on any of my systems.

Have yet to try 17 though, maybe it's changed but for 16 I just told people to look elsewhere depending on their skill level.

I wonder how good mint is these days. Ubuntu and mint are definately the first distros that come to mind when I think new user.

No dice, m8. Coincidentally I've been trying to fix my error 43 all day today to no avail.

Did you remove everything that says hyperv in the xml file? I think there's a timer that has to do with hyperv in the cpu section or something. Also there's another flag I forgot about, in the cpumode section try adding

/thread

lolno

8.1 you fucking faggot

still better than 10. Just use classic shell to avoid that meme start screen

gentoo blocks all non free licenses by default, you have to allow them manually.

>8.1
What a horrible piece of shit that was