I dont normally post here so forgive me if I am not up to date on the board culture here

I dont normally post here so forgive me if I am not up to date on the board culture here.

For years I exclusively used Android OS, I had the first droid phone and I love it. Slowly over time it progressed to the point that the phones (for me the S4) came with to much bloatware that it was insane. Not only that but the phones seemd to have a 18-24 month life span before they became so slow they were unusable. I switched over to an Iphone 6s about 2 years ago and the phone still runs as fast as it did when I bought it. This being the case, Apple products generally lack the latest technology as well as being very restrictive (no finger print on the Iphone X, no head phone jacks, no expandable storage). However I still feel like the Iphone is the better choice currently.

I am kinda thinking about going back to the android OS on my next phone so I can have the latest tech, although in the back of my head the bloatware and short life span is making me hesitant.

>should I stick with the Iphone or go back to android for my next phone?

Apple is like an abusive boyfriend.
When he's good to you, he's reaaal good to you. But the rest of the time he's just slapping and beating the shit out of you.

Stick with Android. Maybe wait for the next Pixel.

This is a really hard debate.
I personally prefer apple. And to be fair android still hasn't a good 3dtouch implementation and sometimes has some tech but it doesn't work ( like face recognition in samsung phones).

>implying facial recognition will work on the iPhone
>implying you have an alternative

>facial recognition
>fingerprints
Enjoy not being able to say no to demands from police to unlock your device.

Fuck Google

Never buying a Google product again.

i work at google.
we get to choose which phone we want. it's either latest iphone or latest nexus (now pixel).
95% go for iphone. the general consensus is that android is trash.
make of this what you will.

While I agree android is trash, apple is only marginally better. I feel as though the only way apple is better than android is the simple fact that their OS is optimized to run on their hardware rather than being spread across a million different phones.

No one gives a shit about you or what phone you use you stupid faggot

Hate to burst your bubble but Apple hardware is also better. No other ARM manufacturers can compete with A10x or A11.

i don't think android phones slowing down over time is a problem anymore. it was a pain with my droid razr m, but it didn't happen with my moto x and it hasn't happened with my htc 10. just don't install 100s of apps and clear your cache when it gets to be 1gb or higher and it'll go strong for years. if slowdowns can still happen of android, then i guarantee they can still happen with ios and probably more frequently since they lock you out of doing basic tasks in the operating system. also you are undoubtedly going to regret having a phone without expandable storage.

get a pixel you'll love it, its android with iphone usability

lurk moar
>>>/spg/

Gee you sound like a fun person.

buy a nexus or something. my nexus 5 is still fast and even without installing custom roms it's fine for most use cases. these days you should probably buy a nexus 6 or the upgraded model, or a pixel if you have the money

ITT: Apple employees advertising a fucking phone.

Sticking with rooted Xperia Z1c. Never had issues with the device. Don't even know the big deal about flagship phones. It's just overpowered shit - drains your battery quick just for muh performance in swiping menus.

Bloatware in Google Phones is an issue? Don't buy a google Phone. Get an android from any other company and customize the shit out of it until you're happy. You can remove bloatware from a rooted phone.

>bloatware in google phones
>bloatware in samsung phones
>bloatware in motorolo phones
>bloatware in LG phones

All android phones have bloat.

>All android phones have bloat.
Oddly, that's not the reason they all lag.

Does everyone use an iPhone because they're already all using Macs?

lol nobody uses macs

lol shill

Apple is the king of bloatware, all applications that Apple makes that are not payed products on installed by default. If they make a new application it's forced on you by the next update and you can't deleted to free up space.

ios is insufferable

how do you ifags deal with literally locked into their ecosystem with practically all media

and holy shit, they JUST got a file manager?

Hows that new android OS that routes everything through google?

To be fair your likely just looking at the wrong android phones. I know Samsung phones come with tons of bloatware, but a lot of androids dont. My OPO has lasted me from release up until now and still works without a problem

I use S4 since it was released and it only got faster with newer android versions.
It's your fault for not flashing a custom rom.

What the fuck ever happened to the Ubuntu based smartphone?

Vapor ware

I can't think of any practical ways the iPhone is better.

The only reason I have android phones is because it gives me possibilities, if I don't like the skin of certain company I can root/flash remove bloatware , hell you don't. Even need to sign in to google if you don't want to with f-droid and apk mirror ..

iphone are fucking boring even with a pain in the ass jailbreak and cydia.

And don't get me started on the worst piece of shit software of all time that is called itunes !!

Minor advice : if you have a jailbroken iphone get a command app and change your fucking root passwd dummy

The thing is that even though Android phones give you possibilities to customize it to almost any point, you'll also have the possibilities of it failing or getting slow trough time, whereas iPhone's, at least in my experience, where always reliable, they always work as expected and makes you feel it does worth its price.

Buy some 2014~ flaghship phone, install TWRP, flash the newest LineageOS, and bam, it should last you AT LEAST 4 years.

>Apple doesn't even make either of those chips
>Chips made by TSMC
>TSMC has competitors
>TSMC can produce chips for other companies
>Somehow, nobody else can compete with Apple

This is some shocking news.