How does a company worth $750 billion get away with this?

How does a company worth $750 billion get away with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/cctv-captures-iphone-7-exploding-9598320
fox25boston.com/news/man-warning-others-after-he-says-iphone-6-exploded/481291290
bgr.com/2016/10/03/iphone-explosion-fire-6-plus-student-pocket/
bgr.com/2016/10/04/iphone-6s-battery-explosion-fire/
itechpost.com/articles/36550/20161005/another-apple-iphone-explodes-due-battery-life-issues.htm
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/02/exploding-iphone-leaves-man-with-third-degree-burns/
investorplace.com/2016/08/apple-rumors-exploding-iphone-6-battery-aapl/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is that supposed to be an advertisement?

What's behind that notch?

Whoever made this is a retard.
>more screen
>less of the image visible

>THE PRESENT OF THE SMARTPHONE

Botnet

just wait until the next iPhone that is just like this one, except screen where the notch is. It will be heralded as the greatest innovation of next year.

>the future of the smartphone
>bottom of picture cut off
>irritating shape

won't it just do the same thing the essential phone does?

>not getting images implanted directly into your brain

any kind of screen as output was a mistake

sweet I always wanted a phone that would crop the top and bottom 10% off videos, the bite out of the side is just a nice bonus

>tha A13x Skynet Chip can track your eye and blast it with precise lasers to etch the display directly onto your retinas; you do not need to look at the phone to view it
when

>implying they won't use this design for at least the next 3 years

How did they fuck this up so bad? Seriously.

By being idiots.

Also, the video crops.

>Also, the video crops.
wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

why

Then why even have a larger screen? This thing is such a fucking trainwreck

>the future

no, Apple's future. Samsung isn't retarded.

>muh status bar
>muh touch screen buttons

So they had to have an autistic cutout up top to achieve this?

You forgot that the top image should be larger, higher resolution and have better blacks, like every android flagship compared to iPhones for the last six years

notice anything Sup Forums?

it's almost like the design is better AND more functional without the "notch" shit!

dont like the receding hairline top bezel, but something and rounded corners gets me going

Is this seriously how fullscreen video works on the iPhone X?

That shit doesnt work, anybody with a phone that already has the screen filled out that far will tell you as much. The content doesnt exist to fill that aspect ratio.

Tim is no Steve

whoa

It will if they crop or zoom it. Let that sink in, how retarded would that be?

>software navbar

>software navbar
>no bezels
choose one

TOP NOTCH
O
P

N
O
T
C
H

yes

>those thick-ass top and bottom bezels
No thanks.

It's okay when apple does it ;^)

Why do normies hate bezels? I'd rather have something to hold that won't smudge the fuck out of my screen. This new iPhone is the definition of form over function.

>thick

have you even held a s8 or note 8?

You answered your own question: they're worth $750 billion.

It doesn't matter what they sell, people will buy it anyway.

The real question is how the artist ('artist') who made this got this approved.

neat

Guys, probably that part of the screen will be blacked out on landscape mode. The essential phone screen works the same way.

>better blacks

eh...i doubt we can make them better better.

>remove part of the screen cause of a design flaw

fucking pathetic

are you really this retarded?

Maybe the camera actually records where the notch is but doesn't show because it doesn't have fucking pixels there. But, on another phone or YouTube, its a regular video? Idk this whole thing is odd to me

>use landscape mode on s8

>can zoom no problem

>use all screen space, no "black bar" to hide the iPhone X's shitty design flaw

its going to look like this, the essential phone automatically cuts out the camera part, of course the iPhone X will to.

Well when you put so much emphasis on Face ID, this shit happened

No it isn't. There is already video of the iphone x playing videos and full screen games and the notch remains.

so then just fill the gaps with black. problem solved.

>How does a company worth $750 billion get away with this?

Do what? make the best Smartphone ever made?
I already ordered mine, i'll make sure to post it here so you guys get salty about :)

This, the newest iPhone is TOP NOTCH

>back button on the RIGHT

MEANWHILE ON SAMSUNG...

hey! no slot!

ok i dont get it

does your shit actually WRAP AROUND THE NOTCH LIKE ITS A DEAD PART OF THE PANEL? LMFAO NIGGA MAKE THAT PART ALL BLACK ITS BASICALLY A HUGE TOP BEZEL

HOW CAN APPLE EVEN COMPETE

WRONG. it's specifically in apple's new design-for-iphone-x dev video that they do NOT endorse doing this. not a change in HELL the phone will natively do it anyway.

>we live in a world where the fucking SAMSUNG flagship is more aesthetically pleasing than the iphone

what the actual fuck

problem solved.

If you want, you can change it and put it on the left side

BEHOLD

THE SAMSUNG X

>INNOVATION

>Android has always had huge ass stupid software bezels, the so called "navbar", and everyone on poorfa/g/ praises it
>The new iPhone has a tiny bezel, poorfa/g/ thinks "apple is over" and makes hundreds of thread about it

Poorfags gonna poor

Camera

so what IS the resolution of the screen?
it's technically 3 screens right?

way to fuck that up, moron

iPhones weren't exploding every two days like the Note 7 did before Samsung finally recalled it.

this

mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/cctv-captures-iphone-7-exploding-9598320

fox25boston.com/news/man-warning-others-after-he-says-iphone-6-exploded/481291290

bgr.com/2016/10/03/iphone-explosion-fire-6-plus-student-pocket/

bgr.com/2016/10/04/iphone-6s-battery-explosion-fire/

itechpost.com/articles/36550/20161005/another-apple-iphone-explodes-due-battery-life-issues.htm

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/02/exploding-iphone-leaves-man-with-third-degree-burns/

investorplace.com/2016/08/apple-rumors-exploding-iphone-6-battery-aapl/

This
Got an s8 plus a month ago for $600 and for the first time im genuinely laughing at applefags
How the fuck is your face supposed to be secure? Why did they use a samsung screen panel to begin with but then added an ugly notch? S8 already perfected curved glass
Jesus christ im glad steve isnt here to see it all end like this

Also washing machines

You don't understand.

its treated as 1 screen with dead pixels that you have to account for

The visible display has rounded corners. I would suppose it's one big rectangle but with guidelines to "don't display shit here."

What do Android watches with round faces do? Give you a square canvas but only display a circular portion?

There are a fuckload of sensors that make it secure. It makes a 3D map of your face to know it's you. It will not open unless you make eye contact with it-- preventing other people from forcing you to open it.

It is significantly more secure than a fingerprint scanner.

neither do you, from what I've seen

You don't understand. They literally control the minds of billions of people.

Samsung is the only (decent?) supplier of small OLED screens. LG makes their own as well, but there are quality issues, and they're probably not equipped to handle Apple's numbers anyway.

The LG V30 has an OLED screen, but the lighting uniformity is disgusting.

uhhh...

How does an OLED display even have uniformity issues? I thought OLED pixels were independently lit.

I stand corrected, I suppose Samsung, Huawei etc should be accounted for worldwide. But they damn well control the entirety of the West

That was a social experiment dude!!!

So then why bother removing the bevel in the first place?

That I do agree with. It's so disgusting seeing them. Literally 500 lbs women and men wobbling down to their favorite fried chicken restaurants while looking at their iPhones while crossing roads. One fat gross lady just crossed a sidewalk while it had the stop hand signal on and almost got run over by a garbage truck that had to slam the brakes on very hard. She actually unironically flipped up her middle finger at the driver and went back to looking at her iPhone.

A lot more Koreans are using iPhones than I would have imagined.
It's everywhere in Japan too and we don't have to talk about China.

Chink Communist leadership saw Apple as a threat since Apple wouldn't readily decrypt files without any question, so they started this campaign to paint people who use Apple products as unpatriotic.

iPhone sales has gone way down, and Huawei sales has gone way up since.

This. I really love phisical capacitive buttons. Problem is getting hard to get newer phones with that. Not that I need a upgrade Droid turbo is awesomeness.

Also what fox means with destroyed a gen?

Normies will go by any gimmick ((market team)) shove down their throats

They deliberately made the non-rectangle display visible so that people think how "innovative" it is. Because there's a lack of actual innovation. Quite pathetic.

that phone looks nice. i just bought an iphone 5c for $80 tho so can't complain about anything

How did this get all the way through into the presentation?

But the controller doesn't tell each pixel cluster how bright it should be. And there's no way for the device to measure itself

Stupid people

Ya, but the Galaxy has two curved edges distorting the picture and making it look like you're watching something in a fish bowl.

now we know where that r&d money went

>2016
>Sup Forums bitches about "hueg bezels" and anything with more than 1mm of bezel gets endless mockery
>2017
>smartphones are losing the bezels
>"what the fuck are they doing this is bullshit"
I know Sup Forums isn't one person but every thread followed the same circlejerk

wait wait wait wait a minute.
Don't lie to me, this is real? This is how the screen works? Because they didn't adapted the proportion, using a longer taller screen? They seriously for fucking real let this fundamental detail pass?
Be honest with me.

HEY OP HOW DID THE VIDEO ASPECT RATIO GET WIDER?

IS APPLE INNOVATING YET AGAIN???

I would like to work in R'n'D but in England and not for Apple.

Ohh its real, I capped the gameplay @ 1:44:23 from the video on apples site