So because of the home button removal we have to:

So because of the home button removal we have to:
>swipe down from the upper left corner to show notifications
>swipe down from the upper right corner to show the control center
>swipe up from the bottom to close the app
>swipe up from the bottom but keep finger on the screen to show the open app screen
>swipe left or right on the bottom of the screen to switch apps

Fucking hell.

>using Meme DeMarco in product presentation
I refuse to buy it for this reason alone

but swiping is the most intuitive gesture there is
fuck keeping your finger in one location and pressing down, that's stone age shit

I actually like those last 3. But I cant reach the top of my iPhone 6 (not plus) so requiring to reach the top for two major things on a longer phone is shitty

And android will follow now that apple have innovated again

All of that sounds reasonable to me. I'm looking forward to the day that there's no ports or buttons on my phone.

But that fucking top notch is killing me. I can't be the only person that cringes every time they see it? Steve Jobs would have never let that come to market.

Sad!

The notch is all I see. I've upgraded every year since the 5. This is the first year I pass and stick with my 7+. This is gross.

isn't the 8 still an improvement without the notch?

>humans do it for tens of thousands of years
>not intuitive
hm

Except several androids ditched the buttons a while ago even samsung

Barely, and not a fan of the glass black on it. I'm happy to stick with it

with the 7+*

makes sense desu
I'm still using an iphone 5 myself, it does everything I need it to so I don't care about upgrading

So what happens when the phone freezes and theres no hard-button to press, only useless swiping?

The SE got a price cut to $350, that's a hell of a deal, and if you're still on the 5 it would be a worthy upgrade for almost double the battery life alone.

you use the power button to turn it off
fuck knows how to do a hard restart without the home button to press at the same time

>when the phone freezes
I've had the 7 for a year and it has never frozen once. Could be wrong, but I don't think that is really a thing anymore for most Apple users.

All because apple industrial designers had set their internal goal of a bezel-less display

the amount of great UX design points that have been thrown on the chopping block to ship this are ridiculous

>The SE got a price cut to $350, that's a hell of a deal

SE's are $130-150 as prepaid phones. You can use them on your plan with the same network. I just bought one for $139.99 from BestBuy for AT&T.

power + volume down like with the 7's

toss the phone in a bin and just buy another :)

welcome to Blackberry OS!

>not wanting a minority report future

lel found the apple cuckboy, yea sure keep shoving whatever tim cuck says to your throat.

thought the same

>getting a carrier lock fag phone

thats fucking trash and you know it

Wheres that fucking Dilbert comic about interface design when you need it

Seriously? Because, shit, they were way ahead of the game.

i just bought a 5c for $80 i love that phone

>dad's se charge port dies month after warranty dies.

you say that like this isn't apple taking all the shit gimmicks android's done in the last several years and polishing them like they're new
i'd tell you to enjoy your new animated shitface emoji but the farthest you've had to go to see a piece of shit mimic your facial expression is open the front-facing camera

>you have to interact with a touch screen to use it!

no, OP, you don't have to do anything. you live in a world where you can NOT buy something

only thing i don't get is why not do force touch home or something at least

they only need 1 button.

gs8 has a pressure home button

>>swipe up from the bottom to close the app
I remember b10 doing this

Microsoft thought the same thing would happen with Windows 8; gestures are intuitive! Guess fucking what, they aren't, they're a pain in the ass to remember and I have a strong hunch there will be a software update that'll change the gestures around multiple times.

Until yesterday Sup Forums love the way the Nokia N9 works, but now because of Apple Sup Forums hates it?

>swipe up from the bottom to close the app
how long will it take for people to stop accidentally closing apps when they really wanted the control center?
Do these new gestures work on iphone 8 as well, or are they specific to the X and the old 'swipe up for notification center' remains on the 8?

Blackberry invented this. They should sue.

That's some shifty engineering.

These were ALL stolen from the Palm Pre which was the greatest phone of all time.

Pic fucking related

>apple rips off blackberry
>apple will be praised
>bb10 is still dead
it's not fair

>Hard to remember
You use your phone for hours every day. This shit will become muscle memory in less than a week.

If that's not a proof ifags will eat up any turd from Apple I don't know what is.

You're fucking retarded and underaged.

webOS was the first full gestured OS and it was amazing.

At least Android chink phones will finally be following a better example.

Android phones without removable battery have either a tiny pinhole reset button (Sony) or you press power for like 20sec

>he has not used 8 on a tablet

Gone but not forgotten

>tfw WebOS will NEVER come back

Making the corners black vastly improves the look of the phone. Only God knows why they didn't do this.

"oops, we innovated a little to much!"

Because normalfags then won't find the non-rectangle screen so innovative.

That far left swipe-up menu looks fucking atrocious, holy shit.

They also ditched the finger print sensor. Not only previous iPhone had it, most decent phones have it. My moto G has one, it's actually good it turns out. Why would you buy a flagship with less features, man. Why buy a flagship at all.

Because they couldn't figure out how to get the fingerprint sensor to work through the screen, so they gave up and we are left with this abomination. Jobs would have murdered puppies over this.

How many god damn cameras are on the front of this thing jesus christ.

I'm fairly sure Meego/Sailfish had this before iOS

>flood illuminator
>IR camera
>IR dot projector
>regular camera
Not in that order

Jesus Christ it's worse than I thought.
I mean I understand, they had to come up with something, but there is still no under-the-screen fingerprint reader.

RIP.
Steve Jobs is rolling around his grave with mach 3 speeds already.

Good thing that there are only like 3 blackberry users on here that could report about using this feature before

Still.

They not only failed to do it, they also released that failure out there instead of trying something different. They could put it on back the same as nexus, or they could have just not done those stupid bezels they did.

Ever mobile OS since webOS has been shit

Design of 5/5s but size of 6/7 would be perfect. We don't need a 6-core processor in a phone stop it.

I wish these retards could get around to innovating this as well. Really makes me sad that BB couldn't get traction.

this x1000

WHEN WILL YOU FREETARDS AND ANDROID LOSERS LEARN THAT APPLE IS INNOVATIVE!! HAVE FUN ON YOUR OUTDATED HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE WHILE I'M OVER HERE ENJOYING THE LATEST AND GREATEST, THE ABSOLUTE BEST. THESE NEW FEATURES ARE REVOLUTIONARY. THIS IS THE FUTURE.

It's more then just freezing. A hard reboot fixed all sorts of issues

Meizu has already had that for 2 years now

Just like blackberry 10, I'm sure iPhone X will be as successful

>sending your fingerprints to the botnet
I thought you people know better

The arrows that pop up with the keyboard near the back and menu button are a lot more comfy than that blackberry sounds

7 and 8 dont have physical home button either

How do I get it?

I hate that I had to upgrade my new iPad because of touch disease and the most awful part of my iPad 10.5 is the lack of a lock switch for screen lock.

Do new ipads not have power buttons?

They probably will increment this fix when they will realise that is so dumb, because this is so dumb that i can't imagine they wont see it one day

I don't think I have these settings.

Jesus fuck that font is horrible

>humans use sarcasm for tens of thousands of years
>still not intuitive to user

I'm using Zuk z2 stock rom.

cba to set my language to english for a screenshot but you can move the cursor in all directions by swiping one the trackpad-keyboard which is maximum comfy.

What is this 'top notch' thing everyone keeps shitting on about

Can't help you then, buddy

You're right, I changed it

the black thing taking up space on the top of the screen is a notch

I had a Pre. Can confirm ultimate godhood status. I nearly put my 1911's barrel in my mouth and pulled the trigger when Palm went bust.

Thanks for letting me know it exists. I should change the rom anyway.

Np hackerbro

its not an android phone it wont freeze

OK guys don't know anything about it so let me know, what's about this new phone? Bezel less (ugly design, the s8 and even the mix are much nicer), insanely expensive, no fingerprint (?!), Retarded ui with no buttons, I hope at the very least that they went from lighting port to the fucking usb-c...

What about facial recognition, is it tied to the webcam or has something like ir 3D scanning

I am using gestures on my android via Nova Launcher for years already retard

BB10OS is gesture based, it's great. It'll grow on you if you don't like it off the bat.

What the fuck are you doing!?
Patent that shit before Apple does it!

You hold the vol up (or down?) and the lock button and it hard resets.