Both windows and iphone skip the 9

>both windows and iphone skip the 9
Did we ever get a non-speculative reason why windows did it?

7 8 9

BECAUSE 7 8 9 XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA XDDDDD XDXD

SHIIIIIIIIIIITTT!!!!!!!!

I thought the StartsWith("9 explanation was reasonable

yes, but never confirmed
would be more interesting if it was something that could be linked to apple too

Post more pics like that.

The device is called "iPhone X" and written as "iPhone Ten" otherwise, in contrast to previous iPhones and the new iPhones which are always just written as "iPhone 5/6/7" as opposed to "iPhone Five/Six/Seven"

We will likely get an "iPhone 10" in 2-3 years unless they plan to start calling it "iPhone X2" "iPhone X3" starting now.

10th anniversary of the original iPhone. And like the classic OS to OSX transition, they're going in a new direction with the iPhone, eliminating the home button and such.

no it's not, windows 10 already just reports as windows 8 to programs that aren't explicitly aware of 10's existence. it's just a marketing thing, 10 sounds better than 9.

Because the Germans would think it's the iPhone "Nein" and that triggers the sjws because muh nazis and fuck I'm high

I don't remember where I read this source but in some api code I read it had made the assumption that the string "Windows 9*" represents 95 and 98.
But then windows 9 would screw it up naturally.

Hilariously the internal name for 8.1 in this context was windows 9. So it still failed.

>eliminating the home button
>eliminating the headphone jack
>eliminating the charging port
>eliminating the battery
>eliminating the microphone
>eliminating the camera
>eliminating the screen
>??????
>profits at record high

I see this mentioned a lot, but whenever I look for the code snippet I find very few results. Also, the WinAPI call(s) for getting OS version info only returns information in the form of integers in the first place, 9x being version 4.00/4.10 and 10 being 10.0 or 6.2, depending on whether or not your program is Windows 10 compatible. This discounts anything that uses the WinAPI, such as anything written in C or C++, as a victim of this bug (ie, 99% of Windows software). Higher level languages such as Java might provide a method for getting the OS version as a string, and feasibly some retard at the time might have done a 9x version check by checking if the version string starts with "Windows 9". So in a worst case scenario, a handful of legacy Java programs that were written by idiots over 10 years ago could break. I doubt many programs would have done this though as a program checking for 9x would most likely want to include ME in that check, which checking for "Windows 9" wouldn't handle. It's much simpler to just check if major version is 4 and the platform isn't NT.

Either way I doubt it was of much concern to MS and is probably right, Windows 10 is billed as the "final" version of Windows and 10 sounds much better for that from a marketing perspective from 9.

You joke, but with the 7 I believe, they broke with the traditional price increments, going with higher ones, and still sold more.

who is this penis piano

Windows can and already does version spoofing to programs for compatibility reasons, so that's not a convincing reason.

Why does everyone hate the number 9?

kek this

They're fearful of the strongest number. Just think about it, you can't actually count any higher than 9 because we use a base 10 system. After 9, we restart and count back to 9. 9 represents the symbolic end of numbers, so companies are fearful that its numeric voodoo will bring an end to their product. I went to college.