Things that keep you from switching to Linux full time

>things that keep you from switching to Linux full time.

Go.

-Every Linux file manager is buggy.
-Every Linux desktop is slow and Sup Forums keeps telling me to switch to tiled window managers to hide the lag.
-Every distro has something wrong with it. There's no distro that is meant to replace Windows/Mac for consumers.
-Most programs are Windows-only
-Linux is plagued by display issues
-There is no Linux desktop environment that looks good, is fast, and is highly functional.

Other urls found in this thread:

track6.mixtape.moe/yxumxa.webm
google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwi8486J_qDWAhWFnJQKHUB5C3MQFggoMAA&url=http://www.coruptia.ro/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Effective-Evangelism.doc&usg=AFQjCNF2tNlqyZWlgRyWtre2zYqRKo9pjQ
techrights.org/2008/12/27/microsoft-shills-aka-te-secrets/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_documents
youtube.com/watch?v=CCG4daPvuVI
youtube.com/watch?v=V2MvbfuITT8
youtube.com/watch?v=wDRTjzLNK0g
youtube.com/watch?v=raKHHFv4nN8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEoJgQAfb5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=7znIHsyqfm0
youtube.com/watch?v=E8hO4K7mZG4
youtube.com/watch?v=O4BUcIDdpAM
youtube.com/watch?v=lGFUtqM8oAs
youtube.com/watch?v=Dqumdhqy8Uw
cad.softwareinsider.com/compare/5-10/AutoCAD-vs-BricsCAD
youtube.com/watch?v=4eLM3NrOJms
youtube.com/watch?v=5XW0AqKG5zI
youtube.com/watch?v=Qmjz6WXyWBY
youtube.com/watch?v=TqZeThC38ug
youtube.com/watch?v=D5RIveQypgw
youtube.com/watch?v=7-Mo3GTcOQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=mnk_VzedqlU
youtu.be/JmH4KYcmHOo
sylvia-ritter.com/new-gallery/
peppercarrot.com/
blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve
zdnet.com/article/open-source-professionals-are-more-in-demand-than-ever/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

are we thinking about the same thing here?

ITT: i used Mint once and deleted system files while in root

>every file manager is buggy how?
>XFCE
>LINUX IS NOT FOR WINDOWS & MAC CONSUMERS. ITS FOR HOBBYIST GEEKS WHO LIKE TO TINKER AND MOD LIKE MAD. Except chromebooks and people who only need web browser and office suite.
>Most programs you don't even use on Windows.
>XFCE

for me I need adobe premiere and camtasia. I do agree with display issues. I run dual boot personally cause I like Linux dev environment more.

>>things that keep you from switching to Linux full time.
Nothing, I'm already using Linux full-time

Vague claims.
Shit thread

botnetd

Honestly? Just the time to switch and get my stuff for work set up. It took forever on Windows, and I assume it'll take just as long on Linux. After I find a new job, or build a new computer I'll be going to Linux on my desktop for good

So is microsoft getting nervous?

No Linux GUI will ever look as sharp as this.

Basically

They are, desktop market is dying and so is microsoft.

How is
>display issues
a vague claim? It is probably the only legitimate one in OP.

>billion dollar company getting nervous about some neckbeards posting on an anonymous imageboard

>a vague claim?
Looks like it, works just fine
track6.mixtape.moe/yxumxa.webm

>>every file manager is buggy how?
I honestly can't deal with these autists. I don't even care to reply. No matter what's wrong with their OS they will argue and bitch rather than admit it and fix it/get on board with fixing it.

Not even going to address anything this kid said. He's probably fucking 13

They hire shills in forums to to promote windows, it's nothing new

KDE 5 plasma workspaces was buggy when it first came out but has come a long way since

STOP SPAMMING YOUR PROPAGANDA FUCKING MICROSOFT SHILL

video games

>Linux is only used by Sup Forums

Pretty "sharp"

>can't use cinema4d
>can't use premiere pro and after effects
>can't play most games

Umm, sorry honey

I'm done with Linux. Used it for 5 years, uninstalling now and using Windows full time. The marginal benefits I get from it I can achieve by using Cygwin. Not even going to dual boot because it's a shit show. Windows partition always breaks somehow.

That explains. was right, there are 5 windows shilling thread on Sup Forums already

Thanks for letting us know that a billion pajeets just found out about smartphones and use chinkshit with android. We weren't aware

t. braindead Linux fag

Windows is the king of desktop operating systems and will be for the foreseeable future.

alright little consumie, move on then

>Windows is the king of desktop operating systems
Desktops are dying, keep up rakesh.

>reddit tab
kys

It keeps happening

>Desktops are dying
Braindead nigger do you know where you are? Desktops will never die. You can't develop on a phone.

Some advanced notification system.
I like my notifications on windows 10, it makes everything feels more interactive.

no

Why would you care if Windows is the majority market share unless you had some stake in it being such?

yes

>Desktops will never die. You can't develop on a phone.
Not everyone develops. For normies all they ever need for personal computing is a tablet :^)

I like crunchbang

You can't develop on windows either

You're fucking schizophrenic kid. There aren't paid Windows shills on Sup Forums, there's just freetards and people who realize freetards are retarded and Linux DE's are shit because they are developed by a bunch of low budget hobbyists.

>There aren't paid Windows shills on Sup Forums,
Sure thing, goy

>caring what normies use for computing
>:^)

no

Ok

also in windows you can rename your files in the file picker, can't do that on linux.

google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwi8486J_qDWAhWFnJQKHUB5C3MQFggoMAA&url=http://www.coruptia.ro/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Effective-Evangelism.doc&usg=AFQjCNF2tNlqyZWlgRyWtre2zYqRKo9pjQ
techrights.org/2008/12/27/microsoft-shills-aka-te-secrets/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_documents

I meant
www.coruptia.ro/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Effective-Evangelism.doc

You can definitely save files in different names in linux. Renaming other files while downloading one doesn't make sense, you are looking for a file browser

I tried installing ubuntu on my PC and none of the drivers worked with my 750 GTX. This was years ago. Recently I've tried arch in virtualbox, but I struggle with i3. Every other DE gets shit talked regularly on Sup Forums so I'm not sure what to try instead.

nothing for my laptop, only thing keeping me from switching full time on my desktop is gayms and it seems most of the ones that are exclusive are either getting support soon or shit already.

i3 isn't user friendly at all, try awesome-wm instead.

Linux is a piece of shit. Sup Forums robbed too many years of my time with these meme.

What DE?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it another go. Arch anywhere makes it super easy to just start from scratch.

Gaming

Literally just use Ubuntu and put a desktop environment you like on it, and switch to a less bloated distro later on when you've gotten a hold on linux.

KDE

Oh hey, it's that r3ddit cancer tripfag.

i3 isn't a DE, don't feel pressured into running it if you're not comfortable with it. Use lxde or xfce if you want something minimal
Ok, use the tool that works for you. Why use a hammer when you need a screwdriver?

>愛してるさわこ !BE/4wes0mE
kill yourself cancer faggot i hope you get aids and die

shoot or hang yourself worthless trash

OOGA BOOGA BOOGA

Windows is a piece of shit. Sup Forums robbed too many years of my time with these meme.

Don't listen to Sup Forums for constructive criticism. All you need if you're a beginner is KDE or GNOME, these two bloaties look for the best experience overall by spoonfeeding you things. You can then proceed to install your programs of choice and move to a lighter DE like Xfce or a WM if you feel risky.

>Ok, use the tool that works for you. Why use a hammer when you need a screwdriver?
Shit analogy. More like
>Ok, stop pointing out that Linux is a broken piece of shit you're hurting my feelings. Why use a broken hammer when you need a hammer?

Anyone? My desktop runs fluid smooth. I OP's claim to be massively FUD.

>Every Linux file manager is buggy.
Using dolphin right now and it's the best file manager i've used on any operative system to be honest.

>Every Linux desktop is slow and Sup Forums keeps telling me to switch to tiled window managers to hide the lag.
Using kde neon right now with plasma 5.10.5 and works perfectly. I used to use windows and honestly i would come back to it as my main OS.

>Every distro has something wrong with it.
Ubuntu and derivatives are pretty nice and easy to use in my own experience, i've recommended it to friends and family and they're very happy with their linux OS. Yeah, no OS is perfect but if i put the pros and cons of each one linux keeps wining by a large margin for me.

>Most programs are Windows-only
True, this is the main reason why a lot of people can't switch completely despite genuinely liking linux more. It's important to note that this doesn't makes windows better, honestly i find the distros i've used much better technically and usability-wise. It would be good to have a higher marketshare so third parties wouldn't be able to ignore linux, also this would only benefit not only linux users but also windows users too unless they think they're married with windows forever.

Despite this i find there's only certain areas where there's actually no viable software available on linux, for example civil engineering. In general i find the selection of programs on linux very good and i'll post a nice pasta with some recommendations and to break some myths.

>plagued by display issues
This depends heavily on the setup and the hardware but for me it has been worked very nice both on my Nvidia 1050 and my older sandy bridge laptop. Also the AMD drivers which was one of the most problematic ones already stopped sucking, maybe my next GPU will be a radeon.

>There is no Linux desktop environment that looks good, is fast, and is highly functional.
Plasma 5 for me is the best, i don't agree with your opinion but i respect it tho.

Good please use Linux. One more freetard who doesn't get anything done all day is one less person to saturate the CS job market.

Windows is an utter garbage, why are you replying to me?

This is the pasta:
Working on linux v1.1

Kicad
youtube.com/watch?v=CCG4daPvuVI
Natron
youtube.com/watch?v=V2MvbfuITT8
Blender
youtube.com/watch?v=wDRTjzLNK0g
Krita
youtube.com/watch?v=raKHHFv4nN8
Krita
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEoJgQAfb5Y
Lightworks
youtube.com/watch?v=7znIHsyqfm0
Kdenlive
youtube.com/watch?v=E8hO4K7mZG4
Unity3D
youtube.com/watch?v=O4BUcIDdpAM
Opentoonz
youtube.com/watch?v=lGFUtqM8oAs
Godot engine
youtube.com/watch?v=Dqumdhqy8Uw
BricsCAD VS Autocad
cad.softwareinsider.com/compare/5-10/AutoCAD-vs-BricsCAD
Bricscad
youtube.com/watch?v=4eLM3NrOJms
Freecad Demo
youtube.com/watch?v=5XW0AqKG5zI
Freecad BIM
youtube.com/watch?v=Qmjz6WXyWBY
Freecad & 3D printing
youtube.com/watch?v=TqZeThC38ug
Gimp 2.10 features
youtube.com/watch?v=D5RIveQypgw
How to install photoshop on wine
youtube.com/watch?v=7-Mo3GTcOQ4
Digikam
youtube.com/watch?v=mnk_VzedqlU
Pixar Film Production
youtu.be/JmH4KYcmHOo
Linux art 1
sylvia-ritter.com/new-gallery/
Linux art 2
peppercarrot.com/
Davinci Resolve
blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

I do use windows, inside a VM, that's where pajeetware like w**dows and java trash belongs to

can I get this pastebinned?
Are you literally me? I use KDE on anything that can run it, Xfce on slow computers and WMs when I wanna fuck around.

ok user

Exactly. Linux is like a fine wine. It tastes bad until you recognize its subtleties. Normies will never understand this, because as soon as they get confused they get spooked and run home to daddy Windows.

So far your claims have not been backed and just insults. Do you think anyone cares how angry you got?

No problem user

>So far your claims have not been backed and just insults.
>he thinks arguing will make Linux better
hahahahhahahahahahha

user...
zdnet.com/article/open-source-professionals-are-more-in-demand-than-ever/

But it isn't broken. I was trying to be reasonable, but since you're just going to generalize and shitpost I see that being reasonable in saying "use what works for you" isn't going to work. Well you know what? Fuck you and fuck Windows. It's a broken piece of shit that can't even update all software on the machine without installing extra bullshit. Not to mention all the fucking with standards that Microsoft tries to do just to push out open standards from the industry. If I need a hammer Windows is like a fucking toy knife.

So you are avoiding arguments. Not surprised because you don't have one.

I am normie as fuck but I have been running only linux (ubuntu/xubuntu) for the past 10 years only. Never run into any problems, then again my laptop is pretty much a Sup Forums only machine.

good post i read it
>Open source == Linux
wrong

After a few of years you'll realize that you've put up with a bunch of bullshit "subtleties" for no reason other than to be a special snowflake

>can I get this pastebinned?
I got this from a paste site but i don't have the URL anymore, i guess anyone can put it on a paste site.

>Are you literally me? I use KDE on anything that can run it, Xfce on slow computers and WMs when I wanna fuck around.
Yeah, same here. It's a good thing there's a lot of choice despite some people in this board tries to paint it as something bad.

Pic is my comfy setup.

i have better shit to do than spend hours proving myself to freetards. Why the fuck are you in this thread anyway? Read the OP. This is a thread for shitting on Linux. Leave if you want to derail it freetard.

Windows 7 is still supported

>i have better shit to do than spend hours proving myself to freetards
Like shitting on Linux on Sup Forums? Who knew?

I like you.
Posting from bunsenlabs.

>muh safe space
Weak

there does not exist a solid video editor for gnu/linux
davinci resolve and lightworks only support distros that are debian-based or use rpm
even though blender works, it's primarily a 3d modeling program and its ui isn't ideal for editing video

>Open source == Linux
>wrong
What's your point? read and try to defend that. With that link the guy got BTFO.

>No actual arguments
>Please leave me alone if you don't want to support my viewpoint
Get fucked

>davinci resolve and lightworks only support distros that are debian-based or use rpm
What's wrong with that?

WAIT
IS THAT
REAL?

L M F A O

>Like shitting on Linux on Sup Forums? Who knew?
Yes because I enjoy it, for the past couple weeks I've been working all day then shitposting on Sup Forums, usually shitting on Linux
The fuck are you talking about? You came in a thread and started spewing your typical freetard shpiel that no one wants to hear and get triggered when I don't humor you

ok