I WANT A THINKPAD

So I want a thinkpad. After much research, I've come down to two models. The t420 and the t430/s.
Are either of these libreboot compatible?
Also, can I find one of these models with a dedicated gpu and an i7 quad core?
If this is possible, I'll shit myself. It will be a dream come true.

Please anons, help make my Sup Forumsentooman's dream true

Other urls found in this thread:

thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also, is it possible to get dual pcie slots.... one for wifi and one for external graphics?

Just get an xps13 they are better

Talk about not being able to fix that shit without spending a fortune

no they aren't librebootable, read libreboot's faq
afaik there's an i7 version but they're hard to come by in my area
thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki

So what would be the best machine to libreboot. Without that I don't really want a computer. (user scared of botnet)

Libreboot: T400/X200
Value: T420/X220

So I'm basically dead In the water..... crappy machines for libreboot.... or should I say underspecced.

No. But the T420 may be libreboot compat by the end of the year, according to Leah. With Libreboot, you will likely NOT be able to use your GPU. You will likely be forced to change your network card. You should radically change your browsing habits. Don't use nonfree js (it is possible to use 4ch without nonfree js). I don't think you completely understand the purpose of libreboot or the fsf. I use a T400.

My Libreboot T400 is perfectly serviceable (aside from a battery I need to replace) outside of things like vidya
The old Core 2 Duos really still hold up under most GNU/Linux distros

I really want to get rid of the intel ME in my computer. Also, I want to get rid of my gayming shit but still have the power of an i7 for compiling code and overall speed.
Also, Core 2 Duos aren't the best, at least not in my opinion. I've never found one to support more than 8gb of ram (yes I'm a Ramfag)

So if the t420 libreboot firmware comes out this year I would be set. I have many alternate atheros wifi cards, but it will be upsetting to not use an external gpu.

Can someone explain what the purpose of libreboot is?

They're gonna have the t420 librebootable by the end of the year I think

muh free doom

read their faq nigger

J O Y C O N B O Y Z

Has anyone found out what will happen with the t430s? When will they libreboot that?

How is having a computer voluntary. You're stuck either way, unfortunately.

I too was excited till I tried some different thinkpads. The screen is bad, really bad.

What's a "faq nigger"?
Did you mean "Read their FAQ, nigger."?

>"The ThinkPad screen" is bad
>All ThinkPads are the same
sent from my T450s with an IPS screen.

Thinkpads t400 are compatible with libreboot. All of them. So both t420 and t430 should be fine