How did we go from this

How did we go from this...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kPW7ffUr81g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

...to fucking this

Hardware stagnation.
You NEED a gimmick like animojis to move phones to normies, because we're reaching a point where form-factor and speed are pretty much set in stone across the industry for all devices.

Nobody cares if the new Apple processor has a clock speed two fingers faster than the old one if literally nothing takes advantage of it.

That's why Apple's "courage" and "revolution" went from introducing the modern smartphone/tablet standard and increasing screen resolution to outrageous levels (things that can be found everywhere now and are taken for granted) to fucking pencils and poop emojis that smile when you grimace, and removing the headphone jack.

The consumer is comfortable using 5+ year old hardware, and now innovation is relegated to whichever company can take that, add some fancy flair, lock it tight and sell the keys.

I still can't understand how people brought the 7 and now this trash with no headphone jack.

This. We need to move away from screens completely. More funding needs to be put into holograms. It's already possible but just like when computers were invented, it takes a lot of space to create a true hologram.
And when I say hologram I mean the kind that is formed in the air like in this video.
youtube.com/watch?v=kPW7ffUr81g

>complaining about innovation

If someone said in 2007 you would have facial recognition and tracking in your phone in a decade you wouldn't believe it

you dumb cunts are forgetting how shit stuff was back in the day

even voice dictation on phones is miles ahead of paid software you would get for Word

>I still can't understand how people brought the 7 and now this trash with no headphone jack.
this, specially since you are not bound to iOS. most of the apps you get on android too. and the hardware is cheaper and better than fapple

>most of the apps you get on android too

except they're a garbage version

even google gives ios the updates first

>Whining over 3.5mm jacks

Hello grandpa. Are you sad the iPhone doesn't play Betamax tapes too?

>unironically defending that decision
good goy

Well said, I'm proud of you my good goy!

Removing that archaic standard was the best thing Apple have done.

10 shekels have been deposited into your account.

Always remember to say they had the courage. You're learning fast goy!

>Being this butthurt over antiquated technology

My TV doesn't have a scart connection, does this trigger you?

But why?
Text is 2D
Sudoku is 2D
Waifus are 2D

>We at Apple had the courage to let go of ancient technology like HDMI

>scart
Literally wat

These are all meme features. No industry standard headphone jack, no bigger battery, bezels on iphone x are so small that your fingers block your view, round corners (are they corners anymore?) take some pixels away. Whole iPhone X is slippery - barely any sweat on your hands and it goes to an asap meeting with pavement team.

Remember old TVs? rounded display, no visible corners, picture cut away by the shape of CRT. Then came rectangle TVs that showed you the whole image broadcasted, no corners cut. We're going back in time bois. Rounded corners are the future, normies want it and there is nothing we can do about it.

>you lived long enough to see this shit regress
;_;

Thats what happened with the MacBook Pro and 12 inch one.

You mean HDMISIS?

Eh I barely use my phone for TV or movies anyways. I have my Smart TV, and whatever isn't on YouTube or Netflix I just watch on the Xbox connected to it or connect my laptop to it and watch on that.

I guess the problem mainly lies with the future of content being mainly produced for viewing on a a smartphone display. WIRED had this whole thing about how people naturally use their phones vertically so everything will slowly start to be adapted for vertical viewing. I don't know if that's true or not, but, whatever.

I didnt mean it in terms of using phones to watch movies - it's about how you watch ANY content - that is apps and menus too. Rounded corners are dumb. How are they even made? they chop them off or its just a regular screen but with black stickers? Maybe some pixels are just switched off via software and bezel covers them so you can't see them even though they are functional.

(((Pro)))
My raspberry pi has more ports than this