RTG boss takes 'sabbatical', Lisa Su takes over RTG

tweaktown.com/news/59104/rtg-boss-takes-sabbatical-lisa-su-over/index.html

What did they mean by this

Other urls found in this thread:

pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-Technologies-Group-Raja-Koduri-Goes-Sabbatical
twitter.com/bitsandchipseng/status/887736810625019910
twitter.com/ryanshrout/status/907812489672392704
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Probably fake news, but It would make sense that Raja it's trowing a tantrum since almost every resource it's going into EPYC and Ryzen

Could AMD win sufficient capital to not fuck Navi when Zen2 is ready?

So he's back once Navi passes the tapeout?
Anyway Lisa needs to clean RTG up, their communication was seriously lacking.
It took AT's main editor poking them with a stick to get a comment on Vega's primitive shaders.

what happened to them features anyway

Straight out disabled on ANY public drivers. Both deferred rendering and primshaders.

That's because AMD is playing the long game and sandbagging vega until after volta is released. Once volta is released, the full working driver for vega will be released which will enable all features, improve efficiency, and increase performance by as much as 60%. Doing this prevents nvidia from altering volta, and AMD will take the performance crown.

You read it here first!

It meant that they're soft firing him when the press is distracted with the Apple releases. It's 4D chess

t. (now fired) Raja Koduri

That's dumb, because Vega's improved scheduler is going to be catching up to Maxwell at best. Meanwhile nvidia will have independent thread scheduling instead of warp scheduling.

the poo fueled delusion is real

That's compute.

so you have to say "we heard" and everyone will believe you? amazing times we live in, can't wait for AMD response.

You literally described async compute, a tech that legally belongs to AMD.

when you pretend to know what you talk about try to be less specific, it won't show as much

why would they do that

kek, hope he fucking kills himself

It's very very angry kids versus very angry shareholders type of situation.

Async compute refers to multiple schedulers working in tandem. ACE for any compute work (shaders), DMA for memory tasks, graphics command processing for graphics pipeline to reduce waiting, which is the point of any asynchronous system. Wavefronts are specifically for issuing work to the compute units. If you have poor fill then you're doing work inefficiently. GPUs implement SIMD processing, if you have a boat big enough to fill 64 people headed to the same place but only fill 12 then you have extreme waste. Which is GCN's fundamental problem and has been since GCN1.

Nvidia is already good at filling warps, now they're claiming they can group threads that diverge during tasks to reduce the effects of divergence. Ex. normally you have multiple threads of execution but one takes a different code path and performs a different operation and the entire warp must wait for that one thread to complete and now the threads are out of sync, so this behavior becomes a repeating pattern. Now imagine of multiple take different paths, your warp will wait for each thread again and again. Independent thread scheduling will try to make sure the threads that diverged sync up with other threads when possible so that the wait doesn't occur the next time.

Based Su.

GCN has saturation problems because of overkill shaders:tris/clock ratio. NVIDIA faces no such problems since Fermi, Polymorph Engines are bretty flexible.

I know that this post is bait, but I've seen so many delusional faggots repeat the same thing with 100% seriousness it's hilarious

vega is trash for gaming, wake up already and stop lying to yourself

>Vega is trash for gayming
>every feature besides HBCC is related to gaymen
?

I want to fuck lisa su. seriously. I don't even care that she is sort of masculine looking I want to please her for running AMD so well.

LMAO is that gif real, what a nice party Raja

it can have whatever feature it wants related to gaming, but as long as performance is crap in games - it's crap in games

It's crap in gayms because it's not working properly.

oh yeah I can't wait for those magic drivers to improve performance by 50%
just you wait until AMD releases em!
delusional fanboys, every fucking time

this is not 1990
Navi has to be set in stone already

>d-delusion
>i-i swear!
Whoa there.

I will believe it if NGG actually improves performance

what's your point exactly? vega launch was an absolute disappointment, both price-wise and performance-wise
now you're telling me that once AMD pushes out those super duper mega giga epic drivers it's gonna perform sooo much better?
you're either a shill or learned nothing after polaris

We've yet to see it.
Enabling uarch features are exactly the thing you'd expect from super mega ebin epik drivers.

ok, see you in 2 years when navi gets released and you parrot the exact same thing

>l-lies
Okay buddy.

>both price-wise and performance-wise
I haven't notice doubts about price/performance of Vega 56

you forgot to call me an nvidia shill

pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-Technologies-Group-Raja-Koduri-Goes-Sabbatical

Pajeet is out, he got fired

yeah, vega 56 would be a good card if it were sold for it's msrp

where I live vega 56 costs 800 USD, which is more than a 1080 ti

No, it's all just according to keikaku.

Raj will come back when volta launches, and he will release vega driver that enable all features, resulting in double performance.

Just you wait!

>goes on vacation
>is fired
?
Did you forget 2011 GPU division layoffs?

just like the last sabbatical that turned out to be his vacations?

>That's because AMD is playing the long game and sandbagging vega until after volta is released
>people actually believe this horseshit

twitter.com/bitsandchipseng/status/887736810625019910

>People actually believe this horseshit

Vega 56 for $430?

alright, best news for RTG so far. fuck this streetshitter, Mommy gonna make RTG great again!

He'll be back in December, pal.

so 2 1/2 months without shitting on RTG? great news!

To a totally different RTG.
Raja isn't fired, but he's not competent at management or structure either - he's an engineer.

When he took the last Sabbatical they didn't replace his position with Lisa Su temporarily...
Su is coming in the clean house whilst Raja is out of the way and can't object.

The best thing she can do it hire more code monkeys.
That and better marketing.

It's real: twitter.com/ryanshrout/status/907812489672392704

She's making changes to Navi

Navi is one the way to tapeout.

>completely mess up
>fanboys on the internet will come up with the most insane theories to justify it

I'd imagine Hyderabad is in for some bad news though.
Unlikely, the chips are fine - Vega was sampling to AIBs November last year.

>just you wait until AMD releases em!
NVIDIA WILL BE DESTROYED

JUST

WAIT

(TM)(C)(COPYRIGHT: AMD, CALCUTTA)

>Hyderabad
Who?

>deliberately losing $100+ per card so you can sandbag nvidia
>after marketing it as a gaming card
>and its slower than almost 2 year old 1080 and 1 year old ti
Your high on baked thermal paste mate.

RTG fucked up so bad i went with a 1600x and a 1080 oc for my new build and i couldnt be more happy, low temps across the board tiny power usage

AMD Vega is dogshit and you know it, a new process will help it but Raja's Vega is Kaka

ATi already nearly murdered nVidia twice.
Nothing (besides time and money) stops them from doing that again.

Wrong W, you want the third one.

>losing $100 per card
Your dad works at AMD?

I said this right after Vega came out. Literally weeks ago.

What's her full name Sup Forums?

Lisa "Poos in the Loo" Su

The kike slayer.

>mommy finally takes over the RTG to snap Jensen and his company in half and show him who's the true king of taiwaneese

My RX Vega 56 flashed to 64. Ignore the clock speeds.

>Vega
Let's call it a big Polaris.
Because it is.

Isn't it 58 though? Or you can unlock the full gpu?

There are no unlocked extra's apart from HBM being 1.25v instead of 1.25v and ability to use more power for overclocking. It was a GPU-Z bug showing extra TMU's.

I undervolt and overclock and for the same amount of power usage and end up with a faster card. The biggest downside is the power usage and heat output. AiB partner cards should be much better on the heat side of things (less noisy too).
I am considering modding it with a Morpheus II Core with 120mm fans for some fun tinkering.

>HBM being 1.35v instead of 1.25v
fixed.

A tweet doesn't make something real

A Polaris that size probably would have been faster. Vega is about 2.2x the size.

>As we enter 2018, I will be shifting my focus more toward architecting and realizing this vision and rebalancing my operational responsibilities.

Sounds like he's being bumped from VP and Chief Architect to just Chief Architect

This. Can't wait for her to unfuck RTG.

>bumped
he'd be just VPing if it was a bump
good thing really, they should've hired proper manager for the task not an architect

It's where he excels.

His presentations at capsaicin and others are amateurish and too off the cuff, his industry partnerships are one sided or so out of touch with reality that his biggest "get" is pic related.

His gaming technology basically shifted any and all development from the graphics vendor and forced the industry to learn intricate and complex graphics coding with half baked, and inconsistent tools.

Why this took as long as it did is astounding.

red, epic, bethesda
is pretty huge deal for AMD, they got big win this year at least on that front

They are not losing money on vega cards. Those muh 100 calculations were done by some seriously retarded "journalists". AMD's o mnly problem is their inability to increase supply to meet demand. They AR leaving so much money on the table and nvidia is just walking buy and picking it up by having a supply of 13 month old cards just laying around.

Praise Jesus. Get rid of the pajeet