Anyone use Google Drive as a backup drive?

Anyone use Google Drive as a backup drive?
I plan to do automatic encrypted backups on it. Still looking for softwares for this.

Other urls found in this thread:

privacytools.io/#cloud
backblaze.com/cloud-backup-ad.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw_8jNBRB-EiwA96Yp1rLGSvCMuPnjGql1yYjL3zIU-UXz05Y-_gKSqR26iR3yO4sGdUrG-BoC9yAQAvD_BwE#1056
rclone.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why?
You could rent a 1tb vps for 4$/month and run netatalk, duplicity, urbackup, amanda, etc

>Why?
I only need storage and it's free.

privacytools.io/#cloud

Also consider using SpiderOak, as that's what Snowden recommended.

Why give your data to Goolag? Why not OneDrive or Dropbox?

Dropbox is the superior product anyway.

I got unlimited storage.
Data is gonna be encrypted anyway.

>Data is gonna be encrypted anyway.
How are you going to encrypt it? Via what program? Being curious here, because if you just have one encrypted file act as a sort of drive, you'll need to reupload the full file when you make even a small change.

This is a stupid idea. If you want cloud backups, you can get unlimited storage for like $5 a month from any number of providers.

Here:
backblaze.com/cloud-backup-ad.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw_8jNBRB-EiwA96Yp1rLGSvCMuPnjGql1yYjL3zIU-UXz05Y-_gKSqR26iR3yO4sGdUrG-BoC9yAQAvD_BwE#1056

GDrive is great for collaborative stuff, but the interface is stupid and it's sluggish as hell.

That's what I'm trying to figure out.
I plan on using google-drive-ocamlfuse to mount it, then use a backup program (maybe borg) that supports encrypted storage.
Having issues with authentication on headless machines however.

For the last time the only reason I'm considering this is because I got free unlimited storage.
If I didn't I'd just use an external HDD.

Apparently rclone also supports encryption.

Duplicati is free and open source and encrypted and cross platform. Supports google drive/sftp/backblaze

Get your own domain and use set up google apps for business. It's a truly unlimited google drive, people have uploaded 10TB+ to it with no problems.

Look at rclone. rclone.org/

I tried this and it's super slow, at least with rclone.

I do. But as said before the speed is terrible.

I too enjoy submitting to my overlords and handing all of my data over freely.

Why not just backup to an actual physical drive?

off site backup bro in case fires n shit

I have owncloud

You can do that with a physical drive too though.

Which provider?

can you store hentai on this?

>1tb vps for 4$/month
Fucking how?

Where would you put it?

Use Degoo

There are few eastern european providers with such plans. I'm not going to shill a particular one.
Look for "storage vps". IOPS wont be great but you still will be able to run backups and vpn at 100+mbit.

I do manual encrypted backups for gdrive using 7zip. There is definitely an application that is designed to encrypt and then upload to gdrive but I don't remember its name.

Switch to the Backup and Sync. It doesn't disconnect randomly when you are uploading large files, and it has a few more extra options. Not only that, it was also made by Google, so it acts the same way as Google Drive.

In rented storage, a friend's/relative's house, etc.

I need it on a headless server.
Also drive is slow with multiple small files. Few large files are pretty fast.

Sorry, hijacking the thread for a second. How should I make backups for Windows? I may start doing weekly backups.

>I got unlimited storage.
That accounts last weeks, have fun losing your shit, retard

It's my uni's

I know, retard, every .edu account that do weird stuff on google drive is cancelled in days, uploading encrypted shit is the main reason

Well I just did so let's see.

Last time I checked drive didn't support block level sync, so your whole container gets reuploaded after any change. I use dropbox for that btw.

So what's the best cloud/sync software for linux if I don't care about privacy/self hosted/open-source software?

Just buy a 10TB hard drive and get a safety deposit box or a Pelican case and put it at a remote location like your mommy's house.

>current year
>using jewgle

Seriously? Google Drive? With only 15GB? You would be better off with Mega.nz.

is there a FUSE interface for Mega yet?