Paying $1000 for a phone under any circumstances

>paying $1000 for a phone under any circumstances

I've never seen a phone for that much money. Is this an American thing?

$1k is not a lot of money my dude
I make that shit easy

>muh status symbol

It's not that much. However, the top tier phones don't cost that much, everything past $600 is gimmick tier and actually performs worse than cheaper phones. If there was such a phone, and it was actually better than cheaper phones, I would buy one.

Judging the value of an item based on your income is retarded. I have a phone that cost less than $200 and has all the features I need and want. Why would I spend more?

I dunno you tell me? I haven't bought a phone since samsung galaxy S6
I'll buy a new phone when I want and you'll buy a new phone when you want

Chink phones are godawful btw. I've experienced it myself

>Chink phones are godawful
There you go again grasping at straws to try justifying spending more money.

Look, if you don't want to spend any time thinking about how best to use your money, that's fine, but call it what it is.

How is buying chinkshit better? You are literally spitting non-arguments on the sidewalk right now
I have never had a decent experience with a Chinese phone. You are you. I am me. You can't police people around to enjoy shitty things just because you put up with it

>$1000
>2GB of ram
>no headphone jack

not him but you're not even mentioning which chinkphone, it could be literally any godawful 3rd rate brand or it could be a legit company like Xiaomi.

2g ram? is that real

>$1k is not a lot of money my dude
>I make that shit easy
what is the purpose of this post?

a thousand bucks is like a dollar to rich people

>"I-IT DOESN'T NEED MUCH RAM BECAUSE IT'S NOT ANDROID"
>IOS updates raise the memory usage over time and suddenly you wish they put as much ram as a budget handset into your $1000 phone

This user understands. You're begging the question by casting judgement on things that you've never actually interacted with. If you got shitty phones, that's because you didn't do the research to find out if the product was good or bad. Caveat emptor applies with China. But that doesn't mean all the products are bad.

Is this supposed to be a revelation?

You'd spend $1000 on a loaf of bread just because you make the money?

Of course not, but the weird thing is that you do spend $1000 on a facebook remote that can be bought for literally a digit less.

That iPhone isn't for rich people. It's for insecure people and old people to whom an iPhone is the only thing they know.

>under any circumstances
Paying a one time fee of $1000 for a phone that suits my ever-changing personal preferences sounds like a pretty good deal. I mean, shit, three phones in and I've busted the bank compared to that deal.

With chink government backdoors included at no extra charge.

debunked, nice try.

Why would you worry about a foreign government spying on to when the Five Eyes are already spying on you regardless of the phone you use? By the time Chinese spying on regular citizens matters to you, personally, you're fucked anyway.

these are teenagers/college kids who don't live in the real world yet.
It's a well understood economic principle that people value what they perceive to benefit for their money, the money being insignificant to their bottom line is not the point.

If you order a take away coffee and they ask for $10 you'd call it ridiculous, even though you can afford well over $10 of booze on a daily basis without even caring.

"Rich people" who stay rich generally don't waste money because they can, in fact they are often more conscientious of getting "a good deal" because it makes them feel better than everyone else.

this

>"hurr durr if you can't afford it you a-are a jo-j-jobless poorf-fag, haha look at me i'm i-i'm rich"

>buys the latest iphone with a monthly payment plan
>roughly 2$ every month for 500 months

Yep. The richest man I ever knew personally was the worst penny pincher I've ever known. He literally spent less money than I did, because everyone knew he was rich AF so every time he asked for a discount he got it. The meanwhile they unleashed a mall cop on me when I browsed the same store for 1.5 hours without buying anything.

my dad is like this
>earning half a mil per year tax free as an expat
>literally spends 30 minutes wandering around a chinese market trying to get the cheapest micro USB cable he can

>tfw 256GB iPhone X is 1319€ in germanistan
What the fuck are they thinking? This is just an absurd amount of money to spend on a phone.

It's the bullshit double standard that's pissing me off. I eventually end up spending more, he gets his ass licked shiny while bargaining, I get the mall cop.

it wouldn't be so bad if you thought you'd hold onto it for a long time, but
>non-replaceable battery
>no expandable storage
>only 3GB of ram

>he doesn't own a solid gold diamond encrusted rolex phone

Man ram isn't even that big of an issue but the battery is going to get fucked 100%. This happens to all fucking iPhones, it has to be planned obsolesce. 2 years down the line and suddenly you're around 60-70% capacity. Sure one could replace it, but then again for ~1300€ one shouldn't have to deal with that shit.

the RAM will be fine but that's not really the point.
If I'm paying over $1000 for a phone I want the best or at least high end components.
It would cost so little to push the RAM capacity higher, even if it's just to boast.
Budget chinkphones have 3GB of ram now, the other brands have 4-6GB.
Sure IOS uses less RAM but it doesn't change the cost of memory itself.

$1000 is like 2 days of work

If you refuse to do any research and buy a phone with a published kernel source code and good custom ROM support, you deserve it.

It certainly isn't the newest iPhone by any stretch of the imagination.

Where?

To buy*

I never said it was, all iPhones are trash.

Zimbabwe.

Better than nsa backdoors

Custom ROMs exist.

And rich people don't buy iphones, so what's your point

>rich people don't buy iphones

Tfw my most expensive phone from the phones I have bought in my whole life is 80$

Applel has nothing new to offer.

They can only increase their "psychological value" by making it so expensive, that apple is becoming a status symbol again. And it will probably work out, because:

-apple has become so common, that it's no problem to weed out some cheaptards
-apple customers are usually that kind of people that don't really understand the quality/price ratio and rather pay "a little bit more" to get the full service package

Well played.

>paying more than 50
People are suffering from severe retardation.

>work
LMAO pleb

When there's a phone that suits my needs for $50 I'll happily pay so little for one.

it is 3gb

>being poor

I wouldn't simply because my needs are fulfilled with cheaper options but for a device you'll actively use for around 500 - 1000 hrs if not more that seems alright.

I work at a fucking gas station

Really untrue, rich people don't get rich by spending money on frivolous things.

I'm not rich, but I have 200k mixed in retirement, savings, and miscellaneous investments, and I would never pay 1k for a phone. The only people who do don't care about the tech but rather what it signals to others.

I have a pixel XL but I got it through a Black Friday deal from Verizon for 350.

How will you feel about that stance in 2040?

It only shows that few poor people buy icrap.
lrn2read [graphs]

$1000 in 2040 money is $567 in today's money, so he probably won't mind it so much.