Why the fuck does this exist?

Why the fuck does this exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vaRn3nf9lRc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So we can watch The Revenant.

>American education
It's because of the partition of Dakota, after the Dakotan war.
Haven't you ever been to the war museum in Bismarck or heard of the demilitarized border between the Dakotas ?

Norway

My friend Cody is from North Dakota

He is 1/64 Finnish

So we can watch Fargo

oil

this is obviously bait but the only states that went to some form of war (Off the top of my head) were Michigan and Ohio, New York and New Jersey, and kinda Pennsylvania and Connecticut.

Also NC and Georgia IIRC.

what did they fight over, Tennessee?

Not sure -- they should merge.

Disputed county caused friction between NC and Georgia tax collectors and settlers. There was some death and shooting but NC gained control of the area.
NC militia got activated when the issue got brought back up in the 1970s.

>The Dakota Territory was divided into the states of North Dakota and South Dakota on November 2, 1889. The admission of two states, as opposed to one, was done for a number of reasons. The two population centers in the territory were in the northeast and southeast corners of the territory, several hundred miles away from each other. On a national level, there was pressure from the Republican Party to admit two states to add to their political power in the Senate.

Why don't they fuse more states? The Dakotas, the Carolinas, Delaware and Maryland, maybe upper New England or Washington and Oregon, Ohio and Indiana are practically identical apart from the presidents and astronauts.

I'd maybe give New England to you, since our resulting state would be fabulously wealthy and have a higher IQ than Europe. Also the best cheddar cheese on Earth. Suck it bongs, the prodigal son has become the master.

Midwest is the literally the best part of USA

Only upper New England. I don't think those mountain men and crab fishermen would ever get along with the Bostonian yuppies and Jew York suburbians down south.

Carolinas aren't similar at all.
Delaware is a tax haven and Maryland has a lot of taxes.
>upper New England
Vermont is full of social democrats, NH is full of Libertarians and Maine is a mixed bag.
>Washington and Oregon
Both states have predispositions to disliking Californians and the idea of being overwhelmed with people from outside their state. Don't think that sits too well.
>Ohio and Indiana
Fuck Ohio. I'd do it.
I'd also combine the Virginias.

>Vermont is full of social democrats, NH is full of Libertarians
Last time I checked they were both freedom loving whackos, only VTs mean personal freedom and NHs mean enterprise freedom.

>I'd also combine the Virginias.
Wait until you hear what NoVa has to say about this idea.

There's absolutely no reason as to how come North and South Dakota shouldn't merge. I'd also merge New England and Maryland and Deleware.

America has 50 states. India and China both have populations over 1 billion and neither country has more than 29 states/provinces.

>united states
>not actually that united

Because our states actually have certain rights afforded them by the Constitution, unlike the drone slave-provinces the orientals have

because they don't want to be together and/or politically very different.

Also the states are actual powers that have rights and we can't just throw them around willy nilly.

Fun fact: Almost everybody I know is extremely highly educated (STEM degrees and alot of people have their masters/rarely PhD) and bretty smart.

t. live on the outskirts of Boston

NH is considered to be the most libertarian state in the union, in all respects(There was a project among libertarians to mass relocate there). Vermont elected a social democrat as their senator and their politics are dominated by the "Vermont Progressive Party" and the most far left Dems in the party.
NoVA wouldn't say shit because it's just commuter towns full of transplants who happen to live on that side of DC and immigrants. The only power they express is in presidential elections.

Fargo*

Because they're as different as two european countries. Didn't you know?

Nobody says that unironically anymore.
It's only true if you compared states like Hawaii to West Virginia.

They have more power in the country than individual countries do in the EU

Give one example.

couldn't decide on a location for the capital

south dakota doesn't have oil. just corn and beef. plus north dakota's oil is an off and on thing.

some pretty crazy shit happened there

It's not off and on, the funding it gets is off and on, dependent on oil prices

as much as I love fargo, the way they portrayed this area really triggered me. not as bad as when x-files had an episode in northwestern iowa and there were mountains in the background, but still

I'm more talking about the fact that there was a boom in the 80s similar to what they've got now

My buddy lives in ND and he says if you work at McDonalds there's a $500 sign-on bonus.

youtube.com/watch?v=vaRn3nf9lRc
alaska is best state