AMD Graphics Card Chef Raja Leave

wccftech.com/amd-head-graphics-raja-koduri-takes-temporary-leave-ceo-lisa-su-charge-rtg-2018/

WHAHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/6zw76y/nvidia_to_launch_new_geforce_gtx_1070_ti_with/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He destroyed the Radeon with the fucking HBMeme.

he literally said that he has a shit load of personal issues to work with and he is taking a long vacation
he even gave the dates

random Sup Forums user
>RAJA LEAVES

>he literally said that he has a shit load of personal issues to work with
>finally learning how to poo in the loo

Oh look, another pass for Raja from AMD marketers when Navi inevitably disappoints us all.

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

That's literally what everyone says when being put on a forced sabbatical.

Funny, I thought it was his miserable failure of an architecture that was the destruction of Radeon.

This too.
>bbut Raja wasn't there most of 2017 so Navi isn't really his arch, it's the one after that, you have to just
>wait™

It's a codeword

4D CHESS

Ride on moth𝖊rfvck𝖊r

yes he's going to be initiated by the illuminati

They made him say that. Telling the world that they fired him would be like admitting Vega was a failure and they have nothing for Navi

You don't know shit. It is the vega architure that failed utterly, the HBM is actually good yet pricey.

Navi will be first GPU designed under his lead in a long time.
He had impact on GCN drivers though.

They can't get away with it after they explicitly said navi is the first Raja's architecture unlike vega.

TIL: Raja does, too, take vacations.

OMG the guy's name is actually Raja I thought all this time you idiots were being recist

>This perhaps could signal a change in management with Raja focusing more on the hardware side of the business while sharing the burden of the day to day operations with someone else. Our only hope is that Raja’s time off will only

If anything he will make hardware even shittier

Good time for him to take time off, since actually implementing all the remaining disabled Vega uarch features is all driver monkey software work at this point.

Oh and by the way, the lack of enough driver devs to get the software working by the time RX Vega launched isn't his fault either. That would be a corporate strategic decision to bet the farm on Zen. RX Vega launched with the drivers 3-6 months from being feature complete, which is totally ludicrous, but the decision was made to appease shareholders.

>Vega
>Failure
Vega is a failure in the sense that it was launched with the drivers literally half finished and not even uarch feature complete. At least wait until they actually get primitive shaders implemented in the drivers to judge how much of a failure Vega10 is or is not, as without that feature Vega10 is totally front end bottlenecked by remaining limited to 4 triangles per clock.

Sorry, faggot he designed an architecture that required all new drivers, implementing hardware that he knew his development team wouldn't be able to deliver.

If I built a car that required special formulated gas with expensive customized tires to handle the inertia and rotational velocity to propel this space ship of a car I don't get to be mad at the oil magnates for not developing my fuel. Or the tire industry for not bothering to develop tires for my special snowflake car.

He was given free reign over RTG. He did it his way and we have Vega to show for his efforts.

He is brilliant. He just needs to be reigned in to reality.

If/When he returns it will be with someone who knows what the fuck they are doing in control.

Gee, when RTG has to work with limited resources because AMD bet the farm on Zen, do you think it's cheaper to develop a completely new hardware architecture, or to revise the existing one and implement software solutions to the previous bottlenecks and drawbacks in that architecture?

The design choices in Vega are perfectly logical. The real question is whether primitive shaders will actually achieve anything like the benefits claimed in the whitepaper, and how long until they actually hit the public drivers. Until they do, all of the other potential improvements in Vega vs. Fiji are essentially totally obscured behind that front end bottleneck.

That makes you racist.

POOinLOO Pajeet.

if vega were able to fight the 1080ti on launch then the wait for vega meme wouldn't be a meme and we'd have a contender, but raja koduri had to focus on some retarded shit instead
the pajeet meme is some reddit shit but good fucking riddance, koduri deserves what he gets

Poo in the GPU.

Vega is a mess Raja

Mama Su gonna make Radeon great again

It is speculated that primitive shaders might come at a cost as they offload geometry processing to the NCUs. On shader heavy games, performance might get worse.

>Release a year after Nvidia
>Costs much more to make than Nvidia because of HBM so you barely make a profit
>Twice the power consumption
It's a failure.

The CUs already do everything except input assembly, surface shading, tessellation, and geometry assembly. Primitive shaders replaces existing steps that already take place on the CUs with other customized steps taking place on the CUs. I see no reason to assume the burden on the CUs would increase significantly compare to the conventional geometry pipeline.

Does posting this still fill you with joy after all these months?

But HBM2

It's half finished. You can't even evaluate perf watt while it's still so front end bottlenecked that Vega 56 is 100% as fast as Vega 64 at the same clocks.

I always memed about AMD failing but now that it's actually happening it's a bit sad.

>Release product a year late and it's still "half finished"
That's a failure in and of itself.

>vega
>failure
You guys are idiots

>mommy in charge of RTG
Shieet, she will chop heads off

>PLEASE WAIT PLEASE

AMD bet the farm on Zen. Leaves not enough money to hire enough driver monkeys to get the pro and gaming drivers done in a timely fashion.

Yeah man, all vega cards being sold out is definitely a sign of imminent bankruptcy.

Yeah man, all vega cards being sold out is definitely a sign of imminent bankruptcy.

AYYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

AMD FANS WAITING FOR THEIR FAVOURITE COMPANY TO FINALLY DELIVER

HAVE NOT GIVEN UP HOPE YET

>speculated
One retard from hardOCP that forgot that most of the geometry pipeline is already not using FF unit being retard is not speculation.

Whoa there, a company that makes hardware for all the relevant consoles is making really complicated software-defined hardware!
Un-fucking-believable!

That's limited resources.
No one complained about nVidia canning GT300 and remaking GF100 for graphics.

>cherrypicks a game
lol

The day Vega has good drivers Volta will already be out and AMD far behind again.

That's an outliner.
>Volta
Wow bigger dies!
It's not like AMD can't launch bigger dies or slash the prices if they want to.

What Volta will do is not the point. GPUs have to improve every year and with AMD you always get last year's performance. How is that in any way justified?
Nvidia will have grounds to push prices as far as they want until AMD does a good launch, be it micro-architecture, drivers or both.

>start job at a real tech company
>the entire IT branch is indian
>5 minutes into my first day
>"Hey Ranjit, can you come over here and set up anons computer"
I had to try so hard to not laugh when he actually smelled like curry

>one game from one source

>dirt4
Fuck off
/r/amd

>it's half-finished
that's why it's a failure

oh wow

fuck yeah dude
lisa su best ceo

AMD not giving a fuck about consumer side of things does not make Vega a failure.
>Nvidia will have grounds to push prices as far as they want until AMD does a good launch, be it micro-architecture, drivers or both.
Faggots should have bought Radeon when it kicked ass.
You can do only so much with limited money & manpower.

>AMD not giving a fuck about consumer side of things does not make Vega a failure.
yes it does.

No it doesn't.
They would prioritize consumer stuff first if people actually bought Radeon when it kicked ass.
That was not the case, hence why they are venturing in less volatile markets.

>it's shit on purpose

We have mods?

It's shit because the resources were dedicated to Radeon Pro and not consumer stuff.
You can buy WX9100 or SSG soon and evaluate their performance relative to competition.

It's not shit, it's half finished. When they actually finally implement all the core uarch features it should be pretty damn good.

half finished = shit
finished = not shit

You can buy WX9100/SSG soon and evalutate their performance relative to the competition.
This will be "finished" and "non shit" according to (You).

sure it probably will be. but vega 64 is still shit until it's finished

Okay, then it's temporarily shit, rather than intrinsically shit.

exactly. it's shit.

Waited.

>day 1 graphs

Reminder that an undervolted and overclocked Vega 56 competes with a 1080 FE and totally dumpsters the 1070.

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

butt blasted

Vega was a flop, that poo poo needs to go

>implying vega is not 1.5 years late
Yeah, wait (tm)

>implying you can't oc 1070
>implying you can't oc 1080

10 series don't really OC well, unlike 9 series

On purpose probably. Nvidia didn't like people getting 30% free performance out of their cards.

>An overclocked 1070 can catch a 1080 FE
(You)

Now post the 699 Vega 64.

With this power draw, the size of the chip (big like the GP102 Titan X) but with the 1080 performance, Vega is DOA

A OC 1070 match with Vega 56, a Vega 64 is not even close than 1080

But I never say that Raja...

>Believing wccftech is a reliable source
TopKeK

This shit is official

reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/6zw76y/nvidia_to_launch_new_geforce_gtx_1070_ti_with/

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

Oh.
So my race failed again...shame.

I'LL BE BACK

>muh uv
Now show me a overclocked 1080

>1080 perf level
>not fail

Kys

>look at my overclocked/undervolted benchmarks of the cards with the best silicon that AMD sent to reviewers.
>comparing it to stock clock founders edition 1080.
>on the game that amd cards do the best.

I'll build an 8700k 1070Ti rig I think.

No one is claiming that Vega 56 is faster and than OC'd 1080, only that it matches a 1080 FE and dumpsters the 1070 in totality

How come the benchmarks are better with AA on?