>Not superior LaTeX

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/djrmarques/Vimrc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice blog

>professor uses a GNU/Linux distro
>all notes and presentations are made with LaTeX
Feels good.

all of my professors use latex for everything even some shitty half page handout

>engineering notes

What field? Half the engineers in other fields than Computer and Systems are quite illiterate with computers, they only know math and switch relays.

Omega autism.

Save latex for paper submissions. Who the fuck is making presentations in latex

L U K E S M I T H

Personally, I use sharelatex.com but never got around to getting it to work on vim or on some Linux system.

Have you not seen beamer slides? Its a great aesthetic.

Also what happens if you need an equation in your slides? You willing to fuss with MS powerpoint for that?

I do

fite me

it really is that good, i loved it in college for lab reports or essays ect. just made a template and added some content every week or so. No microsoft formatting, and pdftex is kinda cool

> Professor says that we can download the instructions for the laboratory work
> IT'S A FUKING MS-WORD DOC

You want my .vimrc?

Yes please.

github.com/djrmarques/Vimrc

What is the trouble? Are you on linux? I can help you get set up.

It might be better to put latex specific stuff in a filetype plugin. For me , compiles my file whether it is latex, c or python. Well I guess runs the python code, not compile.

>be engineering professor
>use windows and word
>don't want to punish my little linux autists
>convert everything I post into PDF
There are professors who don't do this?

Yes there fucking are and it tilts the fuck out of me when I they put powerpoint on word documents on the course pages

Desu you are using latex suite? That shit sucks.

My condolences. Might be worth talking to them about it. It takes only one second to convert to PDF before uploading.

Yeah.. I only use the compile and view command anyway. Is VimTex better?

Underfull \hbox (116.5pt too narrow) in paragraph at lines 1

I'd still use MSword if i could install a pre-2013 version with my language pack of choice, but Microsoft's site is fucking retarded so i just use Libre instead.

The only reason I didnt do that yet is because so far I am only using vim for LaTeX. But I agree its a good idea

Math and physics departments.

> Omega autism
No, I saved a lot of time by doing my Msc thesis presentation in beamer just by copying code fragments from my latex thesis, I couldn't do it in Microsoft frankly

No, I tried all the plugins I could find for tex. They are all bad. I just use vanilla vim with some compile commands in my tex.vim file. You can use latexmk or just write your own makefile. I use the %r operator in vim to get the current file open so something like

:!pdflatex %r.tex
Will run latex

>not having a professor who has all class notes memorized and just writes them on the board

Enjoy going to a shit school

>docx
>trf
>wav
Take me out and let me reincarnate into a timeline where PDF without extras is the standard.

Yeah that is nice. But I use the environment and macro insert stuff from latex-suite. Also by doing that can you compile and write to a pdf file that is already open?

Overall I am liking LaTeX-Suite. it does it's job and has some good features.

>But I use the environment and macro insert stuff from latex-suite.
That seemed more trouble than it is worth to me, but if you like it then power to you.

>Also by doing that can you compile and write to a pdf file that is already open?
Yes
>Overall I am liking LaTeX-Suite. it does it's job and has some good features.
Anything else good about it I should know?

I just started using vimtex, and I already got it to do everything I used TeXMaker for, mainly compile+refresh pdf preview on save, and a snippets plugin which I used to replace macros. It can do quite a bit more, but haven't gotten into that yet. Don't even need to post vimrc since all I did was install the plugin, and set my desired pdf editor.

Luke please use my channel art I made for you

>assuming professor gives a fuck enough about intro to biology 101 lab manuals to write it in latex
>assuming professor has the capability to assign a Chinese TA who can barely read hall names to transcribe it into latex or the sorority girl undergrad tutor who emails you 6 times a day has any semblance of a clue as to how to write code
>assuming professor doesn't fully acknowledge that only the angstiest losers trying desperately to seem intelligent would ever have an issue with it

No idea. I was going with your solution but decided to try this and it works well. I haven't really explored it tough. How to you handle multiple file documents?

Do you like opening a reading documents in Word?

why is latex more suited to submissions than MS word?