What sort of computer would you get if all you do is use the browser and an irc client?

What sort of computer would you get if all you do is use the browser and an irc client?

a lisp machine that runs emacs

5.7"+ android

I've considered going phone only but I like the desk experience desu.

Old, pre T60 thinkpad, cheap netbook/chromebook

Do you have a specific chromebook rec?

Acer 11 runs Ubuntu 16.04 wonderfully and has the power to play games from 2004 or so.

Thinclient if you want a desktop pc

i wish the windows phone continuum thing caught on. i'd probably be fine with just the capabilities of a phone most of the time.

Thinkpad T60 running IRIX in QEMU with Netscape Navigator.

Isnt samsung sping this with that dock of theirs?

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook for this. The brand probably doesn't matter though. It's the standard issue Atom + 1GB RAM netbook. I like doing all my programming on it as well. If my code doesn't run well on it, it means I'm doing something wrong.

Anything with decent battery life and build quality that runs Fedora and XFCE.

Acer R11 is good.

>IRIX in QEMU
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA good one. You can't emulate IRIX because the hardware is too specific and IRIX is tied too closely to it. The best you're going to get is half assed emulation of 5.3 with a lot of tinkering and you're limited to the 32-bit CPU found in the Indy which is somewhat closer to standard MIPS hardware that's supported in QEMU. Also emulation of MIPS on x86 is slow as fuck just like emulation of PowerPC. The closest you'll get is MaXX Interactive Desktop running on Fedora 25 if you want a user experience that isn't as slow and buggy as a drunken snail. Do you even SGI machines?

Samsung Dex. I use it.

>Thinclient if you want a desktop pc
This.
Get a good second hand thin client or old laptop.
use linux or embedded windows.

What's the desktop experience like?

I have a HP t620. Cheap, fanless and reliable, great little computer.

A g4560, 8gb cheap ddr4, storage appropriate to the situation. Spend the rest of my money on focal elear, mx master, high end custom keyboard, 30+ inch 4k ips

I think you mean a Thinkpad T23 running OS/2 natively

Thinkpad X230 + Dell Ultrasharp

just checked it out, it looks nice

iPhone X.