University uses Oracle PeopleSoft for the student records system

>University uses Oracle PeopleSoft for the student records system
>Fucking awful to use, web interface is a total clusterfuck

Does Oracle make a single good product?

They bought peoplesoft in order to get a foot in the erp-market which is 90% sap.
Had it at perotsystem, shit was horrible in every aspect

No enterprise software is good. Its designed - if its designed at all - to generate consulting fees, and its sold to CIOs and other managers with kickbacks and hookers, not on technical merit or user benefits.

So true

SAP is a totally next level of fucked up shit

solaris

...oh wait

> expecting good software from a law firm that sells database

ORACLE MAKE SOLARIS GPL !!!

peoplesoft was invented by indians and bought by oracle to die

I know that feel. My uni recently switched to this shit. The UI looks like it was designed by a programmer. Too many kids had issues signing up for courses.

You go to a university in the Midlands and have a brown bag with 'never knows best' wrote on it.

Dude same, both that Oracle bullshit and a bunch of useless Cisco shit.

>University pays for this shit out of my own tuition
>tfw see this in the lobby of my schools science building

While there's a grain of truth here, the other reason software like Peoplesoft sucks is that over the years they add so many god damm options that it becomes a bloated, incoherent mess.

oracle database you retard, it's being run by everyone in the enterprise

>popular =! good

Oracle is where good software goes to be slaughtered

They use it at my work as well. Shit is slow, clunky and just plain annoying to use.

In my time there, my uni has gone through two changes in the software used to register for courses, and three changes in e-learning software. It's all shit, always. They just bid on the cheapest contract, so it's a race to the bottom.

Saw a university switch to peoplesoft YEARS ago and was instantly met with a shitty slow interface. Basically proves that degree, job title, and salary mean nothing. Everybody at Oracle should be lynched.

i work part time at the university i attend in IT. The current largest project at the moment is changing the university over to people soft. It has been a cluster fuck just to set the locations where the training will be held up(were talking computers held together with duck tape). This entire project will take years until the system is both implemented and everyone learns to use it in their respective departments. How fucked is this place?

No, Oracle is shit-tier for everything

it's

I dont know what my university uses but it is slow as fuck. Takes like 10 mintues to do a class search query. wtf

Not until you worked with peoplesoft

>How fucked is this place?
100% fucked

>This entire project will take years until the system is both implemented and everyone learns to use it in their respective departments.
Looks like someone in the IT department wants job security over the next few years

The database isn't so bad, it does some cool stuff as long as you have the money.

PostgreSQL is better though.

not only job security, makes you look like a hero on your CV for HR and tech illiterate shits