Spilled half a can of diet coke into a computer while it was running

>spilled half a can of diet coke into a computer while it was running

>shut it off, unplug from wall

>crack case open, liquid everywhere

>blot as much off my graphics card and motherboard as I could off with paper towel

>tfw some liquid got in the psu

How I'm not dead yet I'm not sure, but anyways since my computer is a bit big to put in rice how do I make sure I don't fuck up my computer or electrocute myself when I turn it back on after letting it dry overnight?

>pink wojak
>degenerate, clumsy soda drinking retard

not surprising I guess

Soda is corrosive, wash off anything that remains, if you don't feel comfortable cleaning the inside of a PSU just replace

Wash components with hot water after draining the capacitors, let it dry for 3 days to a week after giving a proper paper drying

>Having food and liquids near you PC
You deserved it

How do I clean a psu without getting zapped dead by residual power?

serves you right for drinking that garbage you fat fuck

absolutely

Life is a gamble user

Unplug the computer, remove the PSU, connect it to a spare fan or something only and try turning it on with the 24 pin jumper trick
Anything left in the caps will dissipate
Further than that, clean it with something non-conductive, or clean it with spray on contact cleaner

>diet coke

>diet coke

Get a sippy cup you stupid faggot

I drink it for the taste

The only acceptable soft drinks are:
>Sprite
>Diet Pepsi
>Diet Coke
>Coke Zero Sugar
>Arizona green tea
>any of the Neuro drinks

How long would it take for the capacitors to just naturally lose their power?

A day or so, maybe less, maybe more. Depends on the capacitors really, some can hold their charge for a long ass time

>zapped
What is this fucking meme? I've been opening PSUs for years now and I've never gotten zapped.

Also I'm in a dorm and I don't have access to the tools I used to assemble the computer, left them at my house several hours away, so I have to go toolless

Alright ill let it dry overnight, I don't think any of the contacts got hit and nothing shorted out immediately so I think I'm in good shape if I air dry it

>not drinking water
You get what you deserve

>Posting from the computer while it's still soaked in coke

Water tastes disgusting. Diet cola is the best.

lmao kys cuck.

Enjoy your diabetes

WHY DOES IT KEEP GOING DOWN! WHEN WILL IT END
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have

>Tfw you missed the rocket trip to the moon

How do you get diabetes from diet cola?

It actually does lead to diabetes indirectly

can confirm

my son was killed due to being zapped in a freak psu accident on the playground

True, it triggers an insulin response even though it has no sugar

Rinse it off under hot water, bake in over at 250 for 2 hours to completely dry

pray

Nigga it's a computer not bread

I lost my cousin to the great CRT disaster of '93 as well. Those damn dirty capacitors...

Should have got a Thinkpad, user.

Only ignorant fagots drink coke. You deserve what happened.

What did you think was going to happen if you put soda right on the edge of your desk over your computer?

Pepsi shills in full force today

Could be weeks or years in random cases. Don't risk it. Do the jumper thing or once you're sure it's dry 100% take everything that can (ram cpu gpu etc) off, plug it into motherboard and hold power button for like 20 seconds.

You're lucky. Try jamming it with a screwdriver next time faggot

The good news is that diet coke doesn't dry into a syrup like coke does, it dries into a powder.

Wtf, what type of degenerate puts his computer on the floor?

PSU is a lost cause.
Take everything else out and hose it down under the sink. Dry it off and then go buy one of those giant bags of rice from the Asian markets and leave everything inside for a week.

If you're lucky, you've only lost a PSU.

What do you think will happen?

>Drinking soda

No you haven't.

>has the bad luck pink wojak saved on his device
>is suprised when something bad happens
you did this to yourself - /biz/

its not a camera user

I thought I'd seen a few, but then I remembered, they drink Pepsi Max.

Not sure why but all the skinny-af diabetics seem to drink Pepsi Max over any diet-coke product.

Acesulfame potassium doesn't trigger insulin like aspartame does

I've literally spilled half a bottle of water onto the top of my computer once (case was mesh and the water just poured in) -- I turned it off quickly, dried it down, and turned it on an hour later.
No problems.

Drink water fag. This is the universe telling you to cut it out.

Just get more rice. A giant bag is like 20 bucks.