Is the MacBook Pro the ultimate comfy, premium computing experience?

Is the MacBook Pro the ultimate comfy, premium computing experience?

When I was 15 I had a gaming laptop with windows because I wanted to spend all day tinkering with it and playing vidya.

Now that I’m 25, have a successful career, social life and girlfriend, I own a MacBook Pro and appreciate the superior build quality, aesthetic and ease of use.

Face it, you’d buy a MacBook Pro if you could afford it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mRWHwl1SqLU?t=1m3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post a picture of your bank account, Macbook Pro with a timestamp, picture with friends and a picture of your girlfriend with a timestamp. Otherwise stop posting forever and drink bleach you curry shill.

Sure, let me just post all my bank and personal details on Sup Forums. Ill be right with you on that.

>tfw Apple went from this to having a fucking emoji bar touchscreen as the hot new feature

post proof of your macbook cunt.

Latest MBPs are utter garbage. Previous year ones are comfy. But you're only posting this shitty pasta to appease your autism with some (you)s anyways, so who cares.

No, I don't like laptops. The 27" 5k iMac, however...

Used on at work a month ago. Have wanted one ever since

the older ones are nice, anything with a 'retina' display is fucking useless since nothing can scale correctly (not even osx).

>anno domini 2017
>5400 rpm hdd

Hidpi is fucking disgusting, makes everything look like some smartphone shit.

You can also drink that bleach if that's easier.

OP here. I want one. They seem like the ultimate premium, aesthetic display.

I might be wrong but I think the base 27" iMac comes with a 1TB SSD as standard now.

>op here, I am an AIDS infested lying faggot

thing about macOS is that it makes the most of your hardware, so while you might have more expensive hardware running windows, you're running a one-size-fits-all system that isn't properly optimized. Whereas the software on your mac, including the operating system, has been compiled exclusively for that machine cpu and architecture. So you have a more powerful computer, running slow ass Windows, and an average computer, running faster than the Windows computer. Nice

>macbook pro
>too thick, too heavy, too much resolution for shitty gpu

>macbook
>too small, too much resolution for shitty gpu
>no usb ports

>macbook air
>perfect size, plenty of ports, gpu can handle the resolution

macbook air is the patricians choice

>comfy
>weighs a metric tonne

sorry but the macbook air has got the comfy niche filled

i just wish apple would at least offer older models of the MBP.

i don't fucking want a gay ass touch bar, just let me buy an older one you retards.

Nope, still 5400RPM Spinner and 1TB 5400RPM + 32GB SSD Hybrid is the first "upgrade," option.

21" come with HDDs, 27" with hybrid HDDs. Only iMac Pro comes with SSD.

It's great for browsing and as a thin client (and to side load apps on my iOS devices). The "Pro" is laughable at this point, though.

I'm not sure if this is pasta, bait or pure retardation. Please, elaborate.

>worst in class TN panel that makes discounter laptops look good
go away patrishun

Forgot to mention I have the final model made with a 17" screen. Heavy but the extra real estate is worthwhile. Again, the last several years' models are "Pro" my ass

>hurr durr pasta bait retardation
>now watch me regurgitate what all the other fat autists are saying
Just shut the fuck up. You know damn well the only reason you hate macs is because of the screeching autist hate bandwagon towards Apple. You don't know anything about Apple, and you don't care. You just want an excuse to think you're smarter than others. You're the fedora niggers of the tech world.

>I BILLT A GAYMING RIGGG GUISSSS
Yeah no non-autistic normal person wants a 500-pound space heater that looks like an autistic spaceship. kys

this

They don't? I bought my MBP at Best Buy and had the option of either touchbar version or touchbar. I asked the guy honestly if the touchbar was actually good and he said it was pretty much a gimmick that they wanna do more with but I probably wouldn't ever appreciate it. He was right. Happy with my non-fagbar version

Pretty much.

I have fully specd 15" for work, and then my wife and I each have 13" for personal.

Besides that I have some old laptops with Linux on them, that's it.

I don't care much for the touchbar but I definitely want the better display and smaller size of the newer one.

Oh my bad, but user is right. I was looking at the iMac Pro. It really is a shitty deal, not to mention the 21.5-inch screen is too small if you're only working with ultimately one monitor, in what is a really expensive desktop setup.

He's not far off from the truth, I hate to say it but when it comes to core performance macOS Sierra beats windows 10 on benchmarks:
youtu.be/mRWHwl1SqLU?t=1m3s
On games that actually support the platform you'll see better avg. framerates than windows (eg: tomb raider).

>a 13 year old tries to larp as insane apple user caricature
Don't you have something better to do with your life?

2 0 0 0 D O L L A R F A C E B O O K M A C H I NE

> L I T E R A L E M O J I T O U C H B A R
W E W
E
W

>he doesn't live somewhere that's -40 degrees Celsius (coincidentally also -40 F when converted) at least 7 months of the year
Gimme that fucking space heater!!!!!!!

Sperg confirmed. You haven't shown any proof OP you lying faggot

It's fucking nice dude. I got 13" and the screen is sexy, device isn't heavy at all, and you're right, it's pretty damn thin. Now that you mention it tho, I really ought to get a screen protector for it cause I only got a shell right now.

>an autistic samefag desperately trying to derail the thread into bickering
I thought the summer was over already.

How can a shitposting OP thread be derailed? OP is a shill cunt that hasn't once proven he owns what he claims to use.

Being here on Sup Forums self contradicts that stale copypasta. A successful normalfag who no longer cares about computing as a hobby wouldn't be on Sup Forums shitposting at 11pm on a work night now would they?

>visit Sup Forums maybe twice a month
>this bait thread posted multiple times daily
>people earnestly arguing in the comments every single time
Why is this board so retarded?

Not OP, but we can pretend I am.

No I wouldn't, take your applefag fanboyism back to /r/eddit.

>any macbook except the air ever
If you're going to use glorified facebook machines then atleast get the lightest one with the best battery life.

He's right, my 2015 pro is dabes

>tfw

They're very good for personal machines, not really doing work on though clearly. Except if its cushy silicon valley kinda shit.

>not anno domini MMXVII
Stay pleb, profligate.

>They're very good for personal machines, not really doing work on though clearly.
So they're shit? What the fuck else would you do on a laptop?

>comfy
>no trackpoint

>girlfriend
>have
>i
>implying

Trackpoint is great, don't get me wrong, but an Apple trackpad is god-like.

>windows
>tinkering

So you stopped to enjoy tecnology and turned yourself into a facebook casual, right?

My macbook pro 2012 13 inch md102b/a is now 5 years old...

Charger exploded
New battery
Hard drive failed
Keyboard got stuck and needed replacing
Touchpad no longer clicks. Works fine though.

Upgraded ram to 16gb
Upgraded hard drive to SSD
Removed cd drive for 2nd W10 hard drive.
Can support my 25inch 2K monitor

Still a great laptop. Worth the £700 I paid for it used in 2013. I think I'll get another 4-5 years out of it. I know people who have been through 2 cheap laptops in the time I've owned this.