The best phone that currently exists

The best phone that currently exists.

Applel shilling isn't real they said.

Nice. My gay little brother has one of those.

Such garbage. iNormies will devour this apple cock.

Until Apple developed some insane technology where they would be able to fuse all those sensors and the front camera into the screen, they should've at least left the whole bezel on the top. the notch is just so fucking hideous and irritating. I honestly don't see any workaround for having a truly bezeless screen without getting rid of the cam and sensors altogether.

hahaha your little brother is gay
hahahaha faggot

They could just fix it in software by making the top part a permament status bar, even when in portrait mode

If it is so good, why it can't run the newest doom, unlike that cheap plastic $300 device from nintendo?

That's even worse...

would look really awkward when the phone is rotated

Is that thing always scanning for faces? Also, where does that information go? This seems like a real privacy concern.

Will it actually do that? that's p-cool if so.

Still retarded though

Wouldn't that also be a huge battery drain?

no, it's just a joke app that a dev wrote up

real apps have a "safe area" zone that they run in that won't be chopped off by the notch

Not always, it scans when you unlock your phone or when you are authorizing something that would require a password.

That information is then stored as a hash either in iCloud or on your device, so your face. If you can decrypt the hash used there are bigger problems to worry about.

Do you know anything about iPhones since 2013? Secure Enclave, local processing. Retard.

Those black levels are gorgeous. I can't wait to see the display review numbers.

I know, pretty surprising. I mean, it's an OLED panel, who would've expected pitch black to be possible?

>removing TouchID in favor of a shitty FaceID

Reminds me of when they ditched MagSafe so they could lower port count for thinness.

I can't tell if that's sarcasm, because text, but seeing them is different from knowing they're theoretically possible. I used to go look at OLED tvs at Best Buy just to see them in action. I wonder how they've done the subpixel layout. It doesn't look jaggy like some of the older AMOLEDs did. That might just be due to the high ppi though.

Of fucking course it's sarcasm. You talking about the pentile matrix bullshit? Yeah, high PPI fixes that (as experienced by going from an S3 to an S6, i think both have pentile)

I think I get it, it's just not very good or useful sarcasm. Like, is the point that I should have expected it? Still looks cool.

Nope.

Note 8. I'll skip all the talk on how it beats iTard X in the specs that really matter and point out the fact I have it now...right now as I type this.

I didn't even have to stand in line with a bunch of other iSheep to get it.

Oh, and I'm far from an Apple hater. It replaced my 6+.

How is SoT on the N8?

Don't know yet. Picked it up literally a few hours ago. Topped it off, set it up and have been installing apps.

There is a bit of learning curve, but so far after coming in from being on iOS for so many years, things seem pretty intuitive.

One thing I'll say this early into ownership, it feels really good in the hand. The screen is gorgeous. Fingerprint sensor is nowhere near as bad to access as some have lead on to believe.

Press the stylus in like a button, and it pops out. The phone instantly responds with the stylus menu.

I'm fresh into the honeymoon period, but as of right now, it's been pure awesome.

Apple made a huge mistake with that ugly ass fin bezel.

>Fingerprint sensor is nowhere near as bad to access as some have lead on to believe.

Just wanted to add one more thing for the sensor being accessible. I'm an average 5'10 male with average to maybe slightly below average size hand.

No, that'd be this.

The names shouldn't shift so dramatically when it gets to the notch, it should glide to the right position gradually it would actually look good. Fuck Steve would choke that nigga Tim Cook out if he saw this shit.

Still using my galaxy note 5. Don't see myself upgrading anytime soon and if I did it would probably be another galaxy note.

>Is that thing always scanning for faces?
No.

To unlock your phone you need to wake it first, then it will start scanning for your face.

Unlocking your phone with FaceID is a literal three step process, up from the one step process of TouchID.

Wake phone.
Point phone towards your face so it can identify you.
Swipe the lock screen away once it has unlocked.

They threw away convenience. People will probably find using a four digit pin faster and will be able to input it while not looking at their device.

How would that look exactly?

White bars on the side.

Holy shit. This is laughable

A solution to a problem that shouldn't exist

If I wasn't planning on buying a house I'd get an 8+ but the x is fucking terrible.

i pretty much agree but
>using phone sideways to scroll through contacts

Is that real???

It should really just be a constant notification area.

There's no real use in that position for apps. It's too small to put things in to touch.

it's a compromise, on a thousand dollar phone
it's unacceptable

Yeah all of this sounds small until you realize the phone costs $1000. what were they thinking?

i have never in my life used my phone sideways except to play a game or watch a video. this will literally never even cross my existence if i choose to buy this phone,

so why is this an issue? that shitty bezel may be an actual issues in other places, not in the contacts app

that would be fine if this phone was meant only for you
it isn't
get it?

who uses their phone like this?almost nobody

but idiots on Sup Forums argue about any tiny little thing on a piece of hardware

>that ass huge bezel AND a notch.
Apple is done

like talking to a brick wall