Chrome will no longer autoplay content with sound in January 2018

Chrome will no longer autoplay content with sound in January 2018

venturebeat.com/2017/09/14/chrome-will-no-longer-autoplay-content-with-sound-in-january-2018/

Literally every comment I saw on several sites is in favor of that. Why the fuck is this not a feature in Firefox? Google is making money on ads and even they try to stop those annoyances. No wonder no one takes Firefox seriously, if they can't even come up with innovative ideas on privacy/annoyance protection.

>if they can't even come up with innovative ideas
What are you talking about? They came up with support women, women support and by the way, give women money you asshole

This. Who cars about the browser, they need to finance projects in India and to that "fake" news.

Based
>inb4 "muh chrome botnet"
Can Faggotfox block autoplay videos?
No? Didn't think so

Google would literally fire you for saying that.

They can't fire me from the innienet yet!

Nice no argument butthurt

> (OP)
>Based
>>inb4 "muh chrome botnet"
>Can Faggotfox block autoplay videos?
>No? Didn't think so
Um ill take the bait i guess... Thats enabled by default since like 2015 in firefox

>No wonder no one takes Firefox seriously, if they can't even come up with innovative ideas on privacy/annoyance protection
all Firefox does is copy Chrome. "privacy" (if you still believe that exists in modern Firefox) is the only thing it has going for it
Mozilla has always been too afraid to make the first move. really says a lot

And now that Chrome is getting it users have another reason to avoid Firefox.

>Mozilla has always been too afraid to make the first move.
Their "containers" implementation (upcoming in 57) is something no other browser has ever done before. It's a game changer for me desu. You should look into it

There's other stuff that Mozilla has innovated (a lot actually) but I can tell you won't be swayed from your stance, so I won't bore you with them.

>still no ui customization
into the trash

>And now that Chrome is getting it users have another reason to avoid Firefox.
Ok dude, go use Google Chrome on Microsoft Windows. I dont care what you do man.

I'm not autistic enough to care about that. I have other things to worry about in life.
Cry moar

Vivaldi, my dude.

you're defending your web browser on a chinese cartoon imageboard. you're autistic all right

I love this new meme of making a webm showing you hide someone elses post

still barely lets you customize anything. also it's bloated. I would pick chrome if I had to make a choice between the two

media.autoplay.disabled TRUE

>Cry moar
ok man, i will

about:config

>about:config
Yeah i wish firefox didnt have so many ways to customize a browser exactly the way i want it to run

>Why the fuck is this not a feature in Firefox? Google is making money on ads and even they try to stop those annoyances.
Google is only doing it because Apple did it first.

>about:config
Or maybe just a swipe a way if you want to make it easy

>NoScript
>Flash Control (also works for HTML5)
Done. Pretty sure you could mess around in the about:config settings to deal with it, too.

I'm a Firefox user and didn't know that. It might as well not be there if it's hidden like that. I mean, not everyone is a hardcore autist who knows all commands.

this is already in firefox you botnet cuck

kys millennial

Did you not know about Flash Control, either? Even if you don't know to mess around in about:config, there are add-ons that will do pretty much anything you want.

>Flash Control
I don't even have flash on my system. It was a rhetorical question about hard to find setting in Firefox.

Flash control also controls HTML5, dumbass. And that's just one of MANY controllers. Another is literally titled: Disable HTML5 Autoplay.

>I cant be bothered to search how to disable autoplay in firefox
Yeah maybe firefox isnt for you man

>not everyone is a hardcore autist who knows all commands
GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE TECHNOLOGY BOARD

google does it? firefox will do it too

>autoplaying anything

THANK YOU BASED CHROME

FUCKING EVERY NEWS SITE DOES THIS

This it what happens. Shit hidden in about:config vs. publicly advertised on hundreds of tech sites around the world. Most people will probably think that Firefox misses a similar feature.

Is that botnetwarden?

>company would fire you for publicly shit talking their company
Wow no really

>installing separate add-ons

Why do you need to install an add-on just to get this functionality?
Isn't a feature that's baked into the browser a better idea?

unix philosophy

Why block autoplay. Why not just run them on mute.

I don't get it.

you're retarded

I still don't get it though.

going to assume this isn't bait
>video still plays in the background even when muted
>wastes bandwidth
>wastes memory
>wastes battery
autoplay is shitty when browsing, for example, news websites that have it

/edge/lord here.
Please tell me there's a way to block autoplaying videos in Edge.

Great feature, only took like 25 fucking years to implement.

Why do I get the feeling YouTube will have a magic exemption from this...

Chrome, Youtube, etc. are all part of the same botnet

Mozilla is too busy gutting their add-on space and removing any last reason to use them to care.

indeed, easy peasy

Can you whitelist/blacklist websites without having to install a separate add-on?

nope

Where does a Youtube embed auto-play?

Well that sucks

On youtube.com.

Of course video sites are going to be exempt, moron.

Will they store a list of every domain considered a "video site"? What about new ones?

This site is 18+

>innovative ideas
You mean shit Apple got for almost half a year now?

So you have no idea what you're talking about. Gotcha

This site is 18+

you don't need to install an addon

That's good. Fuck this shitty retarded cancer.

Maybe eventually we'd need some kind of meta tag that describes the current page's primary function.

So you could say "This page's primary content is a video player" and that would allow one video to autoplay".
Pages that absuse this could be punished with bad SEO.

update this list

settings disable adobe flash player should fix most of it because they tend to all use flash
but if they don't use flash, yer fukt

>using chrome

Mozilla is busy protecting people from hearing things they don't like.

I'm enjoying the frequent, random crash feature. Thank goodness women and faggots aren't wasting their time with SJW, otherwise they wouldn't have time to make such great stuff.