American pronunciation

>American pronunciation
Listen up class.

The letter A is pronounced as E.
The letter E is pronounced as I.
The letter I is pronounced as Y.
The letter Y is pronounced as WHY?! (note it's not pronounced as whwhy)

1. Your cunt
2. Does the pronunciation of English vowels sound retarded to you?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Vowel_Shift
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

Yes

Yes

yes

50/50

very multicultural thread
almost cumming at the thought

We should refuse to use their incorrect pronunciation.

So if your name is Wesley, don't spell it as dabbelyouislidabbelyouhy.

yes

Not just vowels, but entire words, for example ARKANSAWWWW

Oops, I meant dabbelyouisliwhy

I hope you got it on the other end of the line.

>əj, bi, si, di, i, ef, dži, əjč, aj, džəj, kəj, el, em, en, ou, pi, kju, arr, es, ti, ju, vi, dablju, eks, vaj, zet

I just found out the descend into madness by English speakers is well documented:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Vowel_Shift

yes

arkansas is a native american name, no shit it's not going to make sense

yea except that's native american

Yes

I am just glad you are trying to learn it

Actually, I'm trying to unlearn it.

1. Bolan
2. Yes

English vowels differ dramatically from their Latin counterparts which most European languages follow much more closely so the answer is yes for everyone, including Icelanders

There are almost twice as many sounds utilized in English than there are letters. Our alphabet is simply too basic, but we're stuck with it because a massive spelling form will render everything written before it unreadable. People 50 years from now raised on the new spelling are going to look back at English and be far more clueless as the average English speaker is now. I am jealous of regular languages that make sense, the concept of a spelling bee is disgusting.

when will they simplify? :(((

In Dutch we solved it by using double vowels.
a aa e ee i o oo u uu au eu ou ei ij

If you pronounce them correctly our language is almost phonetic.

We tried. All we got out of it was a Valve language selection meme.

Englsh could benefit a lot from many minor changes instead of something doing something very dramatic that would render old (modern) english illegible
but it wont happen because the language is so fractured, being spoken by so many different people that getting them to agree on the reform would be futile and only reforming in one place would be counterproductive

>The letter I is pronounced as Y.
What do you mean by this?

You don't even write vowels in your language (and for long vowels, you may use the same letter for both u/o and e/i), so you're not qualified to enter the thread.

I was thinking about this. Spanish it's retarded in it's own way because two different consonants can have the same sound but the only retarded thing for vowels is that U sometimes is mute.

This is the reason why I hated english classes in school.

But the actual english grammar is less annoying than portuguese grammar imo. To be frank, I hated both english and portuguese classes

yes

definitely retarded

no