GoySync is actually pretty nice. Pretty sure it's not worth the tax, but nice

GoySync is actually pretty nice. Pretty sure it's not worth the tax, but nice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iZ7N4GLoiBA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's worth it. Otherwise you would have to use AMD.

Lol true

Sorta but then FS2 offers the same fucking thing without fucking goytax.

G-Sync is only for the people buying the highest end gpu. All the rest can fuck right off

Gsync isn't just more expensive, it's practically inferior to FS2 because of the shitty FPGA they use. HP Omen X35, a fucking $1200 monitor, is having random light flashes with GSync and HP is saying it's NVidia's fault not theirs. Not to mention the fact that you can't get a GSync monitor that doesn't have shitty adolescent gamer aesthetic, while you can even find an Eizo monitor with freesync.

Why the fuck won't they finally adopt fucking FS.
GS had SOME advantages over OG FreeSync, but FS2 is better in every way AND it includes strict QC.

Because they make money off it. Why would they throw it away?

NVidia already uses a Freesync-like method in laptops where there's no space for their shitty FPGA.

Both Gsync are feeesync are marketing gimmicks.
They are designed to keep you buying the same brand GPU. As most monitors last longer than a GPU in a build.

In a blind test, neither my brother or roommate could tell if Gsync was in it off.
Furthermore, I was able to achieve the effects of Gsync even when it was off.

When gaming, I tailored settings to hit my target FPS with 90% GPU usage.
I then used MSI afterburner to limit FPS at 144fps(not Vsync).
That way, 99% of the time my FPS was at 144. This reduces any latancy and screen tearing that might occur.

The only way these Sync techs would be useful, is if your FPS was shooting all over the place.
Without any consistency.

Freesync isn't vendor locked, hence the name. It's just that NVidia refuses to use it.

>The only way these Sync techs would be useful, is if your FPS was shooting all over the place.

Wow, it almost seems like something adaptive sync monitors would be good for.

FreeSync is AMD's GPU-side implementation of VESA Adaptive-Sync.

>The only way these Sync techs would be useful, is if your FPS was shooting all over the place.
Almost like that's the entire point or something..

Why would they use an inferior software based solution?

Well, you could probably remove that jumping with frame locks or changing the settings.
But I agree with I think it's kinda gimmicky

Wtf is gsync and freesync? can I get a quick rundown? I thought it was some meme-tier bullshit.

>part of DP spec
>software based solution
?
It's Goysync wire protocol that is hilariosly assbackwards. It's overengineered to hell.

>It's overengineered to hell.
Well that's Nvidia for you.

Paxwell is pretty elegant.

I have a freesync monitor and an nvidia card because I don't give a fuck about this

OY VEY GOYIM, STOP THIS

Its not worth it if you can get 144hz. Which in of itself reduces sreen tearing to almost nothing

retard, the entire point of both gsync and freesync is that it adapts to sub native refresh rate frame rates. not even high end rigs can pull a solid 144 fps in demanding games on high settings at high resolutions

Yes, adaptive refresh rates are nice.
Nvidia ignored the standards and made a $200 screen-DRM chip to squeeze the goyim.

gsync > freesync

they're different technologies. freesync 2 looks good from what i've read about it since it has stricter requirements and also some other HDR/color stuff

gsync 1ms RT
freesync 2 0.3ms RT

gsync is old news already

i'll never buy another nshitia card again because their linux drivers don't work for shit

waiting for the day for Intel to lay down the hammer and make integrated graphics that blow these shitty gpus out

Purchased a 27" 1440p Freesync monitor. Purchased a RX Vega 56 at MSRP. Undervolted and overclocked (also flashed to 64) it performas same as a overclocked GTX 1080.

Saved over £300 and get relatively the same performance. The only downside is it uses a bit more power than Nvidia's offering. Other than that I love it!

Nvidia is anti-consumer choice goy.

youtube.com/watch?v=iZ7N4GLoiBA

Why would Nvidia use inferior Shitsync when it is all poorly implemented and cause horrible issues?

G-Sync HDR, it just works

I dunno, some manufacturers want to attach some level of premium to FS2 monitors. Though, perhaps not quite as much as g-sync still.

It was fixed with a firmware update anyhow. Also buying Shamsung.

Because that would be the final nail in the coffin for AMD. And Nvidia would rather have the most incompetent of competitors in AMD than face monopoly scrutiny

retard, 1ms is great, avoiding stuttering is more important at that point, and pixel response time can be many milliseconds even on a tn panel

The problem with G-Sync is that it's absolutely redundant as far as technologies go.
AMD's FreeSync is just a marketing name for an already established VESA standard called Adaptive Sync.
Nvidia could have done the same and just slapped a "cool" name on it, but instead they invented their own proprietary chip just to jew you harder.
Then again, you braindead brand loyalists probably deserve it.

I've heard about final nails for AMD for so long it gets boring.
Don't worry nVidia is already on the way of becoming next SGI though.

Is there any way at all to make freesync work with nvidia? Or am I forced to buy an AMD card? I really don't wanna upgrade my gpu right now, but I'm looking for a new monitor and not being compatible with freesync is really limiting my options.

>Is there any way at all to make freesync work with nvidia?
No
>Or am I forced to buy an AMD card?
Pretty much
>I really don't wanna upgrade my gpu right now, but I'm looking for a new monitor and not being compatible with freesync is really limiting my options.
I know that feel. I'm going to get a freesync one andyway and not use it. If my next GPU is AMD we'll see. Otherwise I'll not buy a shitty overpriced gamer monitor just for that.

>intend to make a shitpost about how gtx 1070 + gsync is a better bang for the buck than rx vega 56 + freesync
>rx vega 56 seems to actually have a bit better performance and be a bit cheaper than gtx 1070
wtf

Since AMD is doing its darndest to make sure none of their products in the foreseeable future are a viable option for 1440p high refresh rate gaymen, I just said fuck it and paid the tax like a good goy.
I don't change monitors very often anyway. And yes, it's pretty nice.

It dynamically changes your monitor's refresh rate to match your framerate. So if your framerate drops from 60 to 50, your screen's refresh rate will drop to 50. The advantage is you don't get judder or repeat frames, since normally 50fps doesn't go into 60Hz.

New Gsync and Freesync monitors both have .5ms, you keep saying the same incorrect info in every thread.

1070 prices are inflated due to mining, and Vega 56 is almost unobtainable right now online. Any discussion of price to performance is meaningless.

wait for 1070 ti

Maybe I should wait for drivers for Vega.

yeah both cost over $500 in my country, it's nuts

afaik Nvidia laptop GSYNC is just normal VESA Adaptive-Sync.
Also, does Intel already support VESA Adaptive-Sync?
When will Nvidia support VESA Adaptive-Sync?

>When will Nvidia support VESA Adaptive-Sync?
The moment their marketshare drops below 50%, which is never going to happen.

Also, does Intel already support VESA Adaptive-Sync?
Intel integrated graphics are terrible, why you you even bother playing games on them? AMD's Bristol Ridge is overpriced flaming garbage, and its outdated R7 integrated graphics still blow Intel out of the water, even with the memory controller bottleneck on their APU's.

the reason i didn't use nvidia is because of freesync.

Who the fuck cares about meme "technologies".

i was once like you, you only can feel it after using it.

yeah it's nice paying for something and when it reaches 30 fps it falls back to plain old software sync

better than flickering

Freesync is quite nice too

This. Beyond a monitor's refresh rate G/freesync becomes a crappy frame cap or V-sync

>That way, 99% of the time my FPS was at 144
I'd much rather do this as well. Just tweak settings such that you're getting a stable frame rate. G/freesync may make your game dipping to 30fps less annoying, but it's still 30fps.

I use FreeSync, it's pretty nice also. Also no tax.

No, quite the opposite, not having your sync locked to the refresh rate means you can have sub vsync levels of framerate and still have an enjoyable experience.
Someone with a good high end GPU won't even need it as much if they could lock their framerate to i.e. 144hz against those who can't aka playing a game that goes from 60-90 FPS on a 144Hz panel.

Not the point of adaptive sync, faggot.

FPS limited to 144 on a 144Hz panel with adaptive sync WILL BE (technically) more responsive than vsynced to just 144Hz.
It's useful when you don't want to _tailor_ your settings and are okay with 120 FPS also but don't want to lose responsiveness or have screen tearing.

Also, how is FreeSync a gimmick to make you buy the same GPU? FreeSync comes at no extra tax and you can still use any Nvidia card with it.
If anything, G-Sync is that gimmick, as your monitor costs more with it and you would feel shit for not using it, so you stick to it.

Adaptive sync is how a monitor should work, sync is only a legacy feature left over from CRT times.
You really think the GPU should feed the monitor frames as it asks them or should the monitor accept frames from the GPU as it sends them?
Pretty much everyone knows the second one is a better and more logical option.

It's also free. Unlike Nvidia.

You faggots have no idea, do you?

G-Sync HDR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shitsync2

>Acer and Asus - and, come 2018, AOC too - are using panels created by AU Optronics to make up their quantum dot filtered, AH-IPS, 4K HDR displays. These screens will support Nvidia’s G-Sync HDR spec - meaning a minimum 1,000cd/m2 peak luminance and local dimming - while also delivering 144Hz refresh rates to the user.
based

>or should the monitor accept frames from the GPU as it sends them?
Yeah I'm looking forward to these monitors that give me 500 Hz when I'm getting 500 FPS in CSGO.

Well until either of them start selling mod modules I'm not buying in.

>Specs that only the still unreleased prosumer 48gbit HDMI can play.

Wtf Shillvidia

the price is just nasty for something ive had in like every game ive ever played, tears actually never even got in my way, i simply do not notice them while i am playing

that extra smoothness would be nice but pricing needs to go down

a high end monitor is always going to cost $300+, or even $800+ for professional grade equipment or the latest gaymen technology. the sub $200 monitors are fucking dithered 6 bit trash, even the ips monitors

>$300+, or even $800+
lmao, what kind of monitors are you talking about?

you can easily go $1000-$2000, even without the goy tax