CANNOT REDUCE NOISE FROM BRAND NEW MONITORS AND IT'S KILLING ME

CANNOT REDUCE NOISE FROM BRAND NEW MONITORS AND IT'S KILLING ME

>bought PreSonus Eris E5 Monitors.
>XLR to 3.5mm connectors
>try onboard audio first with suggestion from Sup Forums
>humming/static noise with strange mechanical noises directly linked to mouse movement
>Buy $100 external DAC because Sup Forums said that gets rid of it
>Literally same fucking noise

I don't understand.

Here are the STRANGE things I come across when trouble shooting:
• No USB port produces different result.
• VERY LOUD AND BAD buzz noise when I try it on a 2 different laptops with no power cord
• A milder but still bad and pretty loud buzz noise when I try on a laptop with insulated power cord
• Everything powered from same strip. I've tried putting speakers on separate trip because some internet post said that helps, but it didn't.

I've spent over $400 on something I can't solve and am going to have to return because I'm beginning to lose hope that I can solve this.

I want to die.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B006H9ZCJ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/Behringer-HD400-BEHRINGER-MICROHD/dp/B000KUD2G4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No shielding
Shitty amp
Defective by design

Could be anything. Return the monitors and get something different.

Did you use balanced input?

Power conditioner maybe? You can probably find a used one on the low from craigslist or something.

Is the DAC externally powered or powered by USB?
If the former, lol.
If the latter, externally power it, bodge some USB cable with a 5v1a power supply from an old phone.

YOU
GOT
CHINK'D

kys cuck.

The noise would be from his PC, it's from shitty PSUs.
The noise is going to be after the PSU and heading straight over the line input, so a power conditioner is likely going to do dick-all.

OP, external power for the DAC.

are you grounded?

make sure your connection to EVERYTHING is grounded

I am externally powered

This too, I forget it sometimes since in AU all sockets are mandated to have ground.
Might explain why it's actually worse when the laptops are unplugged and running on battery, since it's isolated from grid noise.

Yeah I did forget about the ground situation though, do you have ground
The monitors you listed have a ground pin they aren't designed to be run ungrounded like a double insulated device.

turn down the volume on the back of the monitors and turn it up in your os

Thats what i did

lower the volume on your OS and actually let the amp/DAC do the amplification for you. Digital audio doesn't do well when you set it on high within software , leave it below even medium and just adjust the volume of your amp. Never max audio software side and only max volume on your analog converter as studio monitors are analog and pick more frequencies than a simple digital output. Noise should be gone if you lower your digital output (pc) and up the analog one (amp/dac and speakers)

Not only did neither of these help, but now I cannot register any sound playing on my PC from my left monitor.

Maybe they are fucked.

Or maybe, and more likely, I'm some god damn fucking retard who can't do basic things and deserves to die.

I HATE MYSELF

Now I can't recognize sound with either.

I don't understand, it's fucking random???

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Listen to everyone.
My friend had the same exact problem with her Rokit speakers. She ended up using an extension cord and plugging her speaker in a different outlet, unfortunately.

Just go with a simple hookup. (Ditch the xlr's if you can...).

First, don't plug in and out stuff at full volume or you might burst the drivers.

Secondly, try windows output settings without any realtek or similar "driver" meme.

Also check for good connectivity on both ends.

Speakers are hell to figure out indeed, you signed for this.

I give up
too weak

I am not man enough to solve
I wish to black out
not breath
no thinking

die
die
die

this is actually very good advice

Sup Forums is fucking dumb and just shills DAC's for whatever reason.

Pic related is what you need to solve your problem.

Okay, so after some digging:
My XLR to 3.5mm are unbalanced.

My question is:
How likely is this to be the culprit? If I buy balanced and it doesn't work again I will turn into a vegetable from the trauma.

installing gentoo might help

1. Not possible to have balanced XLR to 3.5mm
2. Your cable isn't picking up interference from your mouse movements

Your problem is inherent to your motherboard... to nearly all motherboards. Buy a ground loop isolator for a couple of bucks and be done with your problem. Also return that fucking DAC.

Or just reduce the damn OS volume cause you can have the same damn noise even on good headphones as well if you got the ears to hear it. Software always outputs noise in digital audio due to it being artificially generated with a higher volume. Only analog sends real signals without artificial audio on the speakers. That's why my explanation at least worked for me being in the business for years.

I've used speakers that actually hook up to amps only via making a closed circuit on the drivers, exactly how car speakers are hooked. You should only feed speakers analog, and you should indeed make the digital output as low as possible and try to amplify it via analog means so you cannot hear the electronic frequencies that analog actually picks due to it being a real pulse signal.

PS.

OP will only need grounding to resolve noise issues only if they put 30 phones receiving SMSs via 2G network at the same time constantly or they put the damn monitors in a microwave and listen to some synthwave.

Those the only circumstances one should look into grounding of a pair of freaking wobbly magnets with a plate stuck on one side.

Audio is not nuclear physics and audiophiles should stop recommending useless and costly solutions to amateurs/enthusiasts

Test without anything plugged in (only power) and see if it hisses. Had issues with LSR305 before and returned them since they hiss at idle.
>XLR to 3.5mm connectors
In other words you already rendered the balanced connections useless.
RCA is also unbalanced but the cause for OP's problems is probably poor shielding, ground loop, and/or GSM interference from cell phones which bypasses most shielding.

>ground loop isolator

You're going to think I'm retarded, but I don't understand how I can implement this device with my system.

Aren't I going to need two, one for each monitor?

I am exhausted and not in the best of mind right now.

take some rests, know any kind hearted experts in the area?

>digital audio
>artificially generated
>noise in digital

Wow holy fuck, just when I thought I had already heard the stupidest fucking thing in the world. Then you come along and tell me that digital audio has noise.

Maybe you should google the difference between analog and digital.

The answer you were looking for is that the DIGITAL TO ANALOG CONVERTER in the audio chipset picks up noise on the motherboard during the amplification process due to proximity to other circuitry. Which is why you should use a DIGITAL AUDIO to DIGITAL AUDIO connection to avoid noise.... or buy a $10 ground loop isolator which will solve the majority of your problems.

>falls for the most obvious-mastermind-autistic tier bait on an audio thread that has been escalating across posts

finally, the rage of an audio literate :^)

>analog picks any noise while digital is limited

wow Sherlock, tell me more.

>DIGITAL AUDIO to DIGITAL AUDIO connection

My mobo doesn't have this kind of port, so I bought a USB DAC (can use any type but also USB).

So if I buy a ground loop isolator (I'm still unsure of how many I'll need), plug my XLR to 3.5mm into the isolator and then the isolator into the mobo, this will cure the problem?

Do I need different cords? I bought XLR to 3.5mm just because the package on Amazon I bought came with XLR to TRS, but I don't have anything to plug a TRS in to.

.. That I don't know.

A 3.5mm jack should be able to carry both channels, but you have some weird setup with 3.5 going to XLR which is completely pointless btw. 3.5mm to 1/4" jack is what you would normally use if your monitors have those inputs.

My personal setup is PC.5mm male to RCA converter>> RCA ground loop isolator (2 channels) >>RCA to 3.5mm female converter >> 3.5mm to 1/4" jack >> monitors

your butt. It's the best place after this purchase

There's a reason serious studio people will install XP optimized for audio.

Do you have speedstep/C states on? Bet you turning that off will reduce the sound made when you move the mouse and stuff.

As for the buzzing, is it 60Hz cycle hum? If so, you can get a behringer hum destroyer or something like that to get rid of it.

;_;

>PC .5mm male to RCA converter>> RCA ground loop isolator (2 channels) >>RCA to 3.5mm female converter >> 3.5mm to 1/4" jack >> monitors

I've been Googling this since you posted and I still don't fucking understand how any of these connect into one coherent chain.

Wait, is this is?

I don't understand the 3.5mm to 1/4" jack.
Is that vital to the setup? Why?

Sorry, I mean 3.5mm to TRS. My monitors have TRS input so I used those.

In your case it would be 3.5mm to XLR and before that you would need RCA to 3.5mm female.

Be aware this will get rid of most noise, but not all of it. I still get squealing in CAD applications and shit.

Your issue is 3.5mm is a noisy garbage connection. Doesn't take $400 to figure that out

What is the alternative

Try a different USB cable. Bad cables can cause noise.

XLR > RCA =~ 1/4" > 3.5mm

Generally even with a good setup you can still get a ground loop because of shitty design. I love the convenience of the 3.5mm jack but god damn does it make having decent gauge wires hard.

What if his motherboard only has 3.5mm jacks?

just buy TRS cables:

amazon.com/gp/product/B006H9ZCJ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do you see 1 2 3 at the Input section? thats TRS you need balanced.

You need a USB audio interface not a DAC. You need to cut the noise from your pic by routing the signal through USB then in to your monitors. You fucking losers keep crying on here about coil whine or feedback and I post how to fix it in every thread yet you're back to cry. I remember your thread and you didn't do what I said. Get a Scarlet 2i4 or something similar you stupid fuck.

Look into ground loop interference. I put two 69'd 50v 1a rectifiers between the ground of my monitors and the wall, and all the noise went away.

>he doesn't use ceramic cable risers, huge python-like cables, magic crystals, power conditioners, etc. etc.
Step it up, OP.

USB audio interface IS DAC !
he need DAC with balanced outputs

>he fell for dac + monitors meme

>>Buy $100 external DAC because Sup Forums said that gets rid of it

>listening to Sup Forums
>falling for le DAC meme

>another retarded post

Fucking hell, I should be in the audiophile business...

Thats what you get for buying studio monitors for listening to music.

shit posting

this one actually isn't a shitpost

dis nigga has a point.

humming you hear may be due to bad electricial infrastructure in your home. check different outlets, before you return your monitors take them to some friend and check there.

Do you understand the point of balanced connections at all? It has nothing to do with OPs problem.

>monitors are not for music
this is not shitposting
this is heavy shiting

the ones OP posted are specifically for testing music that you are producing, they're flat rate and have industry style inputs which is why it's picking up the interference. A home system would have shielding and take PC inputs.

and don't use youtube arrows on Sup Forums

plug your speakers into a different power outlet

like across the room to try it out

These are pure shit. Do not buy. They kill your bass frequencies.

Get this instead it's awesome.

amazon.com/Behringer-HD400-BEHRINGER-MICROHD/dp/B000KUD2G4

>they're flat rate and have industry style inputs which is why it's picking up the interference

Glad I'm not a tech illiterate and poorfag and don't have this problem.

>Your cable isn't picking up interference from your mouse movements
Shitty shielded cables easily pick up mouse movement of USB mice. Even if it's a laptop close to your speakers with a USB mouse plugged in.

Fix your fucking ground faggot.
Oh wait, you're too dumb, you probably don't even make your own high quality cables or don't know how your ground works at all. You probably don't even have dedicated ground for audio equipment, kek.