You may only post in this thread if your country has had a chess player above 2800 on the live rating list

You may only post in this thread if your country has had a chess player above 2800 on the live rating list.

Invited: Norway, Italy, Russia, Armenia, Bulgaria, India, USA, France and the Netherlands.

Definitely not invited: Azerbaijan

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levon_Aronian
twitter.com/AnonBabble

damn...

Israel should be invited I guess, innit?
like half of the world champions were jewish

also britain is basically the anti-chess country so...

gg

Boris Gelfand's highest official rating is 2777, so I assume his highest live rating is around 2780.

Also, Maxime Vachier-Lagrave is world #2 at the moment.

did caruana come back to be italian again?

No, but he was Italian when he reached his peak rating so far, so that's what he's listed as on this chart.

Is he not Italian?

by any player is listed only his peak, so if he overcomes his previous peak italy won't be invited in these thread no more
right?

>chess

AHAHAHAHA

He's Italian-American with dual citizenship, and represented Italy until little more than a year ago, when he changed federations to the United States.
Yes, but he's not going to just jump above 2850 tomorrow or next week.

yea but I mean, after quick wiki search: Fischer, Tal, Botvinnik, ,Smyslov, Lasker, Steinitz, Korchnoi I guess, Kasparov I reckon, Aronian literally means son of Aaron, and all those underground guys like nimzowitch, rubinstein or tartakower. with names like that they ought to be jewish, no?

The ones you mentioned may or may not have been Jewish, but that doesn't give Israel anything. Their best player is Boris Gelfand, who's still going strong.

Aronian is a common Armenian name m8 and Kasparov's original name is Kasparyan, also an Armenian name

lol it's not because you have one good player in an era of chess decadence that you can talk about chess m8. Chess is to be discussed among jews, armenians and russians, maybe with americans and germans too.
I mean we're together in this but please some humility.

go look at wikipedia m8. also kasparyan is the name of kasparov's mother. His birth name is weinstein, as per wikipedia. so yea

also cubans, spaniards and italians may chime in

I know. He's half Armenian, half Jewish. His Jewish father died when he was a kid and he was raised by his Armenian mother, also adopted her last name.
I'm not even claiming him for Armenia, Levon Aronian is, but you really can't claim him for Israel either.

sure but I just said jews were much much more of a chess nation than norway or us french

but we don't really have to give a shit anyway

I agree many of the best chess players are Jewish. Just had to comment on Kasparov and Aronian, like saying Aronian is Jewish because Aron originates from Hebrew is a bit too much. He's completely Armenian.

>three Americans
>one's actually Japanese, the second one is Korean and the third is a Jew

you're both right, m8s
Aronian was born on 6 October 1982 in Yerevan, Armenia (then part of the Soviet Union), to Seda Aronova-Avagyan,[7] an Armenian mining engineer, and Grigory Leontievich Aronov,[8] a Jewish physicist.[9] Talking about his background, Aronian stated in an interview, "I feel much more Armenian than Jewish, although there are sides to me which are more Jewish culturally, involving the arts and music."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levon_Aronian

>Autistic norge starts making his shitty Nerdboard threads on Sup Forums as well

suh muh huh

They're American now, deal with it.

>Nakamura
>So

>American
Top wew

2799.6 not invited lEl

They were born in the U.S. So they're Americans.

Autism: The Board Game

Wow.
>2799.6
Wow...

Oh look... another statistics that Norway leads...
LOL

yeah what about no?