Kids leaving family

I was just having a discussion with a bunch of people about what happens when sons and daughters hit 18.

Here in Italy, not much, as one said "we're all about family" so it's rare to see a kid already seeking independence or being pushed towards it just for being legally adult. Most still live in their parents home and don't leave for years, not until they have a steady income or if they need to build their own family.

One man instead said that his sister married a Frenchman, and the guy's brother left home at 18 and had to pay for a new one, and when a few months later he asked his parents for a loan for help they refused, because it was expected that the son could stand on his own feet. Another man had a similar example, said he knew a Belgian boy that after leaving home was expected not to come back to his parents, that they couldn't accept him as a "baby" again

These examples felt exaggerated, but made me curious, assuming they're true

What are kids expected to do in your cunt after reaching adulthood? Are you considered a loser for sticking with your parents post-20s?

Almost no one in Brazil leave their houses at 18, i think it's in the culture, a cousin of mine is 30 yeas old and still lives with his mom,and no one gives a fuck, most people only move out when they get married and have a decent job, since houses are expensive af.

>this thread again

Poor people live with family longer.

/thread

I left my house when i was 17.

I lived at home until I was like 21 nut that was because I was a deadbeat. Usually people move away after they finish high school and military to study elsewhere or just because you want to live alone. Seems like a nuisance to live with someone else now that I'm used to having my own place

How come

it's about independence and self reliance here, but i'm surprised that family attitude didnt carry over with the early immigrant culture (italians, irish, etc.)

doesnt it mostly have to do with the fact that amerifats go to college and live on campus or so? in yurop you often still live at home if your university is close.

most people stay in their own state since it's cheaper for the tuition, unless they get a scholarship

also the "college experience" is a sort of meme that gets you to leave home

>tuitions

sorry for being a smug cunt but this just gets me every time man. i'd be some fucking useless cunt if i had to pay money for university. but because it's >free i have a degree and a much better future now.

Here, the majority of people live at home during university, and many stay at home with parents until they have a proper job or get married.
People who don't go to university, who live in the country, whose parents can't afford to keep them around, or who are misfits, are more likely to move out and leave their family.
Broadly speaking, if you move out of home when you are young (say, below 22 or so), then it means you are probably poor (but there's no set rule). Actually there are some families that charge their children rent to live at home, but I think this is viewed as a bad thing to do.
In recent years there's been a bit of a shift, I guess because of American influence, so more young people reject family and want to leave as soon as possible.

Man, I'm jelly. I'm jobless and it kills me to know my family has to pay for my studies. Although to be fair our system works so that you pay accordingly to what you can afford (they count your family's income, how much members it's composed of, if anyone else studies too etc.)

Thats because german unis arent worth a shit

it's a big business, uni is shit here

Some are pretty fucking incredible, buddy

I am 21 Years old, live with my parents in their house, work in a factory, have no problems in life. Except no Girlfriend, I am not ugly, just don´t like to talk and be social with everyone. Bought a Subaru WRX STI with 300 HP, 4 wheel drive for $34836. Some might consider me a loser, but hey I can save 2900$ a month by living at home.

i plan to stay with my parents until around 25

i'm 20 now and graduating april 2017 i'll have about 4 years to save money like you

the university im at is one of the best in computer science in all of europe mate. we also have loads (too many) international students from the US here. wonder what they're all doing here?

we have a similar system as well but only for "bafög" (money you get while you study or are doing an apprenticeship). if your parents make shitloads, you get nothing. if they're poor and you still live at home, you get like 400 euros per month.

living life like an adult would be impossible if id move back to my parents house

In the UK we finish University(which is only 3 years for most) then find a filler job(or if you are lucky got a job with your degree strait away) spend a year or two on Parents house or find room mates to live with.

The American system is retarded they go college to ''soul search'',''find out what they really want to do'' in the UK you should already know what career you will be doing before going to University(basically college in America)

Also 99% of the student loans their tuition's(and we dont pay anything back unless we got a job where we earn £21,000 a year or above)British University loans are the best in the world that is why every fucker all around the world wants to study here and take advantage

I forgot to add most students here also lives in the Dorms/Accommodation houses while at Uni(most also do part time jobs)

So we get the best of both worlds we get the ''College/Uni experience'' and also got money to pay for booze and stuff.